Hi,

I have had a lot of trouble to get Gmail working correctly on my Q10 (emails, calendar, contacts).
    I live in china, I dont know if the problem I had is because of that, but anyway now it works.

To make a Gmail account, you need to use "setup" application (and not from the settings menu).
    Accounts, add account, and in advanced setup, Choose IMAP (again, before I choosed Gmail, but it did not work properly).
    Use the usual settings (imap.googlemail.com port 993, smtp.googlemail.com port 465.). and use 2 step verification from Gmail secutiry options, that will create a specific password for you.

Now everything works perfectly fine.

Before I create my gmail account from the settings menu, and choose Gmail in the advanced menu. For some reason it would never work correctly, the connections will have problem, I would have my emails only 1 or 2 times per day, and the rest of the time it would drain my battery as trying to connect, i guess.

If it can help anybody that is going to the same issue I had.
    RoboticGolem and CDM76 like this.
    07-30-14 12:01 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to post this!
    08-01-14 10:34 AM
    Interesting Post. I never had a problem, and didn't have to do any manual setup. I just added my Gmail account, and it set itself up, automatically. I just checked all of my settings and they matched the ones, you posted.

I am using a Z10 on Verizon.
    08-01-14 11:45 AM