OK, I'll keep the short and sweet..

As a past Windows Phone fan and new BB10 user I've had my ups and downs. I've also taken some heat in other posts for not a being 100% BlackBerry (I'll bet many others use multiple platforms as well). So be it. I'm old enough to really not care what other think anyway, lol..

The truth of the matter is that, while I do miss Windows Phone for the things it does well, I am constantly impressed by the vast, built-in capabilities of BB 10. It's an amazing OS. It takes a while to become exposed to all of them and it can be a bit painful along the way, but the payoff is great.

Let's not forget, the OS is barely a year old. I have to remind myself of that sometimes when it's missing a feature or two. It will come.

Anyway, I hope some of the ones on the fence, ready to jump back to iOS, Android, or WP will stick it out another month or two. I think you'll come to the same conclusion as me.

Cheers.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    10-20-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-20-14 10:36 AM
    As you can see from my signature, my previous phone was an HTC 8X running WP8. I really found things to like with WP, but my Z10 running BB 10.2 is more integrated than the WP OS. I really miss some of the WP features like Nokia Maps, the ability to verbally respond to text messages thru my Bluetooth earpiece, and the integration of podcasts into the Music app. The Hub is the big feature. Since my focus is on phone calls, text messages, and email, the Hub is by far superior to what is found on any other platform, including iOS. And, on BB 10, the app availability is really quite good with the use of Snap and the Amazon Appstore.

I'm like you in hoping that more will come to see BB 10 as the gem it is.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-20-14 10:40 AM