Hi again!

I've been working a lot since i posted the first humble apk. in my spare times to provide a REAL solution for the lack of a decent facebook client. I made all the "paperwork" and created a blackberry world account to upload the free (lite) and full versions of the app.

What i've been doing till' now and what this client can do:

1-Now, the email notifications from the HUB WILL REDIRECT YOU TO THE EXACT PLACE WHERE YOU NEED. No more misplaced links. click it, and go straight forward to the facebook post you are receiving notifications from. (this is implemented in the version 2.0, that i finished a few minutes ago and is fully working)

2-Post pictures from your camera, camera roll, etc.

3-Watch facebook HTML5 videos within the app itself. hit play and enjoy.

4-Articles, blog posts, news sites posted on your timeline or groups will open in the browser of your preference and you can read them from there.

5- YouTube videos can be played externally on your favorite youtube app, browser...

The rest is the pure facebook experience that i already showed in other pictures in this post : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...round-1070564/

The free version IS STILL FREE. but regretfully, i can't post it for the simple reason that the guy who reverse engineered it, and sneaked into my code is still throwing dirt on me on this forums...

I don't work for TROLLS and "free" doesn't means open source. that's the eternal android doom and the reason why i just sended both apps to blackberry world and they are waiting to be approved.

Lets see some screenshots:

if you receive a notification via email...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-1.png

select "open in" (or set it as default)

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-2.png

Just select the app

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-3.png

and go straight forward to the notification.

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-4.png

ALL THIS FEATURES WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN V.2.0 IS APPROVED i guess that in the next 48 or 72 hs you'll be able to find faceplus and faceplusLite on Blackberry world.
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-screenshot.png

Notifications in the app.
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-5.png

Faceplus logo on my dev device
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-6.png

tags...
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-7.png

file uploads...
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-8.png

Take a picture...
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-9.png

and post it!
    A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-10.png

And more.

The free version, will allow you to do a lot, and test the app. In matter of fact, the free version that will be available, is an upgraded version of the first one i uploaded here with a better rendering engine that will provide a better experience. You can still receive notifications but they will not redirect you to the app, and you can't upload images. that are the limitations of the free version.

Yeat again, thanks to all. It was awesome to port an app for Blackberry 10 so i plan to port a lot of my android apps, Most of them, free and without adds.

You will be able to find faceplus as soon as the version 2.0 of the paid version is approved and index the free version should be indexed faster on the search engine.

check the last posted imahes from version 3. Let us hope that BlackBerry approves version 2 so all the features in the first post become avilable for you and i will be sending version 3 ASAP. but they are taking ages to aprove a simple upgrade, and making the process pretty painful.
    Attached Thumbnails A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-11.png  
    Last edited by Tsukirockstar; 04-23-16 at 05:43 PM. Reason: New version with the features of the original post plus more system integration.
    04-20-16 10:38 PM
    The free version IS STILL FREE. but regretfully, i can't post it for the simple reason that the guy who reverse engineered it, and sneaked into my code is still throwing dirt on me on this forums...

I don't work for TROLLS and "free" doesn't means open source. that's the eternal android doom and the reason why i just sended both apps to blackberry world and they are waiting to be approved.
    I've had code nicked before, not a nice feeling; good luck with the App
    04-21-16 03:57 AM
    Thanks man, I purchased your app. It works pretty well, apart the sharing of the photo. I am having so far only one issue. If I want to share a photo directly from the camera gallery, it doesn't work. It is normal? When I click the share button, I cannot see F plus. I am running the app on a BlackBerry Leap.

Best wishes with your app!! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 07:53 AM
    Thanks man, I purchased your app. It works pretty well, apart the sharing of the photo. I am having so far only one issue. If I want to share a photo directly from the camera gallery, it doesn't work. It is normal? When I click the share button, I cannot see F plus. I am running the app on a BlackBerry Leap.

Posted via CB10
    Thsnks for the support! I will be working on bugs to get the best inetgration with the phone. Share buttons from websites are not working yet, but if you find any facebook link, you can press it a while and coose "open in" and select faceplus i'll be working on minor bugs and polishing detsils for better integration for the nrw release. Consider that V.2 is in approval process so you should get the update as fadt as blackberry finish the review procedure and make it available!
    04-21-16 02:10 PM
    Version 2.0 is released and awaiting to be approved. If anyone purchased the first version should receive the upgrade soon.

Improvements: any link to facebook can be openned with faceplus selecting "open in" includin any email notification on the HUB.

Various bugfixes related to multimedia use.

Enjoy!!
    04-21-16 03:03 PM
    I've had code nicked before, not a nice feeling; good luck with the App
    Yes. It sucks. Badly. Even the FREE version recieves 1 star ratings from trolls that wants "the real deal" for free and is dangerously near to ceace existing
    04-21-16 03:05 PM
    Last release notes for the paid version: i checked file uploads. They work fine there's a nasty bug from facebook that only shows your uploaded pucture if you upload it from a comment. If you post a picture directly from your timeline, after selecting the picture (or taking it with the camera) hit the facebook preview button and your picture will show up when it's uploaded to the site. This is a facebook issue.

V2 should be up and running today (i'm still waiting for blackberryworld process) and it fixes bugs and includes the feature of open email notifications from the app directly selecting "open in" and selecting the app.
    You can do the same from your browser to open any facebook page. Just touch the link, select "open in" and you will be redirected immediately to the app.

Other bugs will be fixed in upcomming versions and i have plans to add more features.

Cheers!
    04-21-16 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm working on the share functions so you can share directly to the app from the browser and apps that allow it. This features will be available in the next version. So Faceplus users can spect at least 3 updates in a week fixing bugs, and adding features.
    For now, i'm testing the brand new share feature, and i'm planning to release it with version 3 of the app.

I'll post screenshots of the debug process as soon as i can. Thanks for making me notice this bugs. It helps me a lot to improve the app.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-21-16 06:44 PM
    Great job! How could I buy the application out of Blackberry World? I'm eager to have it on my phone. Thank you.
    04-22-16 04:13 AM
    I've just purchased it. I'm using a Z30. The app feels and looks very much like the web version of Facebook. Still no distinct and direct link to the Hub. Opening email notification from FB still opens the browser instead of Facelink. I also still cannot share picture(s) directly from the Camera and Pictures apps to the Facelink.

I can't even upload a picture from my Gallery. It says, "Video Uploading: 0%" and stuck there.

What the f did I just pay?

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-22-16 at 09:26 AM.
    04-22-16 09:14 AM
    I've just purchased it. I'm using a Z30. The app feels and looks very much like the web version of Facebook. Still no distinct and direct link to the Hub. Opening email notification from FB still opens the browser instead of Facelink. I also still cannot share picture(s) directly from the Camera and Pictures apps to the Facelink.

I can't even upload a picture from my Gallery. It says, "Video Uploading: 0%" and stuck there.

What the f did I just pay?

Am I missing something?
    The dev mentions numerous times that a new version is on the way, give it a bit of time,
    anon(9890022) likes this.
    04-22-16 11:09 AM
    Ok this is something worth trying. What is the app' name?

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    04-22-16 11:39 AM
    Hey Dev, one more info: I opened from your app an external link with the native browser. But after reading the article, your Facebook app remain blank...I had to reload the app. Is it normal or a bug?

Looking forward to get the update from BlackBerry! Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 12:36 PM
    Ok this is something worth trying. What is the app' name?

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    Faceplus.
    04-22-16 12:50 PM
    Hey Dev, one more info: I opened from your app an external link with the native browser. But after reading the article, your Facebook app remain blank...I had to reload the app. Is it normal or a bug?

Looking forward to get the update from BlackBerry! Cheers.

Posted via CB10

A nasty Facebook bug
    In matter of fact, without the API i can achieve to make it look as much as a normal apps, but facebook redirection between pages makes things a mess. You can press the back key (on the touchscreen) and it will probably send you back to your timeline. So far, is on that state. I'm working on the function to share via the browser (aka, share a page without the facebook share button) and i stepped with the same white screen issue. I'm working on it for version 3.

In matter of fact, you'll find that Faceplus will allow you to open any facebook link directly on the app from version 2. But blackberry is taking ages to release it and they still have it under review.

Attachment 397909
    04-22-16 12:55 PM
    Attachment 397909

Please, be polite. And consider PICTURE SIZE. You are using an app that uses internet or mobile data. i uoloaded numerous 8mp pictures without problem at all. email notifications WILL OPEN on the app pressing and selecting open in but Blackberry is holding V2 that introduces that feature....

I'm already working on a version 3 but WITHOUT THE FACEBOOK API it will not be "perfect" some bugs are not bugs from the app, but from facebook messy web interface and numerous redirections. In spite of that fact, i will try to give to all of you the best app that can be done. but some issues with white screens, can't be solved. I'm coding version 3 right now (and i will probably move faster if Blackberry was faster to approve the latest release) and i achieve to share a page from the broser but i have bugs to fix.
    04-22-16 01:03 PM
    The dev mentions numerous times that a new version is on the way, give it a bit of time,
    Thanks! i'm working on it and the update should be on the way if Blackberry finally decides to approve it...
    04-22-16 01:04 PM
    One last thing, but VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW this is actually, there are two versions of the mobile facebook site. One of them (and the only that will not make your eyes bleed) is the one that i'm using to build this app. the other is this one:

Most of the facebook clients as well as instagram clients that you will fing, have a "custom login screen" and that means that the developer is storing and using your data to get certain strings of information that allow to have a easier way to deal with the huge amount of facebook redirections and pages.

But you are giving your password and email to a complete stranger. That's a fact. my app DOES NOT USE ANY OF YOUR INFO is made to work with parameters that facebook itself provides, but no with your informations. That makes the task a bit more painful, but ethical and transparent

I may be waiting for BlackBerry appoval as you may see on the screen captures. But i'm a SERIOUS developer. Nad that kind of practices are not my idea of making things straight.

So, be warned. Custom login screen = someone is using your data to get acces to your id (a token used by the browser) your RSS feed, and a lot more that you really don't want to "share"
    04-22-16 01:32 PM
    Hi again. I've been looking at your comments, and possible workarounds for the frustrating limitations of triying to made a facebook client without an API.
    The MOST FRUSTRATING THING UNTIL NOW and probably the one that i really don't understand, is why BlackBerry is taking ages to release the version 2.0.0.1 and the problem is, that in the meantime, i already did more and went for version 3 of the software...

This screenshots, are from version 3. This version cannot be submited just because the version 2 is still "under revision" so please... be patient. I added one thing that i consider very important, it has one bug (and one only) that is impossible to solve due to facebook crazy URL redirections and the way the good people of facebook managed to make a mess from their own mobile site.

so the new stuff is... system integration

Share from the browser:

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-2.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-3.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-4.png

Share from twitter BlackBerry native app...

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-5.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-6.png

I also improved the management of links that redirect to specific places on facebook that you receive with email notifications for example:

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-12.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-13.png

A complete Facebook client with HUB notifications (improved)-14.png

Right now, everything depends on Blackberry approval of V2.0... otherwise, i can't upload this last update that you see here and that is a mess.
    i'm not getting what kind of verification process they made, but is longer than the playstore process and more if we are talking about an update (version control)

I hope to be able to upload this last update as soon as BlackBerry set the greenlight on version 2.... For the time being if you check you'll find version 1 only but this is not on me. It depends entirely on BlackBerry.

If version 2 is approved today (saturday) and i'm guessing that is unlikely... i can upload V3 to offer all this new features.
    i wanted to let you know the news.

Have an awesome weekend! cheers!
    04-23-16 05:35 PM
    The bug list includes only one issue that i'm breaking my head to solve: As facebook sharer closes itself when you share a website, it's making me feel a huge pain to close the app when you share. so for now, when you select to share, the app opens by itself, you can post, but it will redirect you to the facebook main website for desktops instead of the mobile version. an odd bug considering that Facebook should detect if you are on a mobile or not...
    Fortunately, is as easy as close the app when you share and you can go on.

As far as i can tell, that's the only remaining bug.

Please, notice that facebook sharer only allows to share URL's and that's why it will work with the browser, twitter and other apps that manage URL's or text but not with other external apps.
    04-23-16 05:40 PM
    I still can't find the application in Blackberry world. I search, search and search, all I see is Facepro. I don't know if the application is available or not for Q5 on 10.3.1 in Nigeria of West Africa. Thank you.
    anon(9890022) likes this.
    04-24-16 02:45 AM
    I still can't find the application in Blackberry world. I search, search and search, all I see is Facepro. I don't know if the application is available or not for Q5 on 10.3.1 in Nigeria of West Africa. Thank you.
    Don't worry, it will be available from version 3. for any OS10 device running 10.3.0 (except playbook)

I just need BlackBerry To finish the review process and update to version 2.

You will be able to find version 3 (witch is optimized to run smoother, hence i contemplated more devices)

At most, i imagine that you will be able to find the last updated version i posted the next week. Yet again, I apologize for the delays.
    04-24-16 03:11 AM
    Version 3 of Faceplus is (finally) available at BlackBerry World with all the features listed here. Including system integration tested on fasttube, evernote, browser and twitter. The apps that share text or URL will work for sharing, even remember shares fine.
    Please notice: you will find version 3 on the BlackBerry world website but for some reason (maybe update times) the bb world phone app still shows version 1 with version 3 description and screenshots. You can check this by yourselves

Known bugs:

after sharing faceplus will redirect to facebook desktop site. Until i fix the bug, you can just ignore it and close the faceplus sharing window after sharing what you want.

Enjoy the app, and have a nice facebook experience.

Cheers!!!
    04-25-16 01:24 AM
    Ps: also available for BlackBerry Q5 too.
    04-25-16 01:25 AM
    Can you attach photos and videos in chat mode (fb Messenger) with your app?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 02:12 AM
90 123 ...