Hi,

I get that BlackBerry maps doesn't offer walking directions (which for me is a big minus), but what is the alternative?

Coming from ios I mostly miss a map app that gives me the ability to see what directions I'm facing when walking around.

I still haven't found an app that does this. Which for me is crazy since it can't be that hard to do that.

So what app to reach out for?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:28 AM
    I have the same problem and it's one of the things I miss the most
    Tell me if you find a good application.

just a question : My Z10 is quite long to get where I am and remove completely the BIG circle, it spend 2-3 min. do you have the same issue ?
    05-19-13 11:56 AM
    This is the reason I've sideloaded Google maps. I've used the navigation bta successfully in several countries. Works like a charm. =)

- Sent from my Commodore 64
    05-19-13 12:48 PM
    I side loaded Google maps. For me it doesn't work like a charm at all. I don't know how the actual android version is, but the sideload for me is no where close to the ios version.
    I'd like the map to rotate with me. Is this the case for you? With the side loaded Google maps I just get a blue arrow that rotates in a really leggy manner. The map however stays the way it is.

If the sideload is better that what im describing here, please let me know which one you're using.

@jeremy : I don't have that issue. It locates me within couple of seconds and the blue circle is barely there.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:06 PM
    I side loaded Google maps. For me it doesn't work like a charm at all. I don't know how the actual android version is, but the sideload for me is no where close to the ios version.
    I'd like the map to rotate with me. Is this the case for you? With the side loaded Google maps I just get a blue arrow that rotates in a really leggy manner. The map however stays the way it is.

If the sideload is better that what im describing here, please let me know which one you're using.

@jeremy : I don't have that issue. It locates me within couple of seconds and the blue circle is barely there.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm not sure which version I have. But mine works great. Smooth. Good voice guidance. Live traffic info. Map is always direction facing. The only thing I can't do is rotate map manually. It only rotates when I change directions

- Sent from my Commodore 64
    05-19-13 04:00 PM
    That sounds like what im looking for. Any chance you can pass me/us the file?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:38 PM
    05-19-13 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the file. I found out how to make the map rotate with me. Unfortunately for me it is kind of laggy to be honest. However I think it's the best alternative so far, so thank you.

However I hope they will bring native Google maps or put walking directions with compass mode into BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:58 AM