HA!

Just yesterday my beloved wife... a confirmed applephile... informed me that when the new BB10 phones come out... she's switching to the dark side. This girl has had every iphone that's come out and 2 ipads.

Just one case... not a trend yet... but I have seen the apple cult look with envy when I show the videos from the BB10 introduction at BBW.

Come to the darkside! We have blackberries!
    eBud and Knightcrawler like this.
    05-10-12 08:12 AM
    I'm curious what it is that makes her want to switch.
    05-10-12 04:17 PM
    Probably Nova2 on the Dev Alpha
    jstarett likes this.
    05-18-12 07:53 PM
    Iphones are so 2008.
    spike12 likes this.
    05-18-12 08:19 PM
    I didn't know BlackBerry was considered the "Darkside", I'm all mixed up. All this time I thought Apple was known as the "Darkside" .......I guess I have to go buy an iphone............NOT
    05-18-12 08:31 PM
    I didn't know BlackBerry was considered the "Darkside", I'm all mixed up. All this time I thought Apple was known as the "Darkside" .......I guess I have to go buy an iphone............NOT

Perspective, just perspective
    05-18-12 08:39 PM
    Well we are a part of the RIMpire! Anyway it is cool that the BB10 is sparking the interest of Apple people. I think Apple's iPhone 5 is really going to need some major OS/UI overhauling and larger screen or their growth will start to slow. They will still sell of ton of them, but they risk being perceived as the older, and possibly more limited OS once BB10 hits market. I personally think that iOS is pretty bland, but it is smooth, and that home button is becoming very quaint compared to my Playbook's buttonless capabilities . When you design for ease of use over too broad a demographic (2 year olds to granny's), the middle of the demographic may become not happy that they are limited by the lowest common denominators.
    05-19-12 11:39 AM
    If you pay heed to a recent imore podcast, they mentioned a survey amongst their members regarding what they want to see in iOS. A surprising large number of people feel that iOS needs a major overhaul. A smaller number feels that iOS only needs some tweaks and add ons. And a much smaller number feel that iOS is fine as it is.

Perhaps if when iOS 6 arrives and still look pretty much like iOS 5, we may see more people switching over to other platforms. But of course, with Apple, its always so hard to guess what their next move is.
    05-22-12 03:11 PM
    "RIMPIRE"......"DARKSIDE"......ok, now it makes sense, I happen to like "DarthVader" anyway
    05-22-12 03:35 PM
    If you pay heed to a recent imore podcast, they mentioned a survey amongst their members regarding what they want to see in iOS. A surprising large number of people feel that iOS needs a major overhaul. A smaller number feels that iOS only needs some tweaks and add ons. And a much smaller number feel that iOS is fine as it is.

Perhaps if when iOS 6 arrives and still look pretty much like iOS 5, we may see more people switching over to other platforms. But of course, with Apple, its always so hard to guess what their next move is.
    i don't get what was so appealign about the IOS to begin with. all it really is is a bunch of colorful icons on the screen spaced out by different pages. the icons even block the background so if you have a pic you'd really liek to see mostlikely your toddlers face or girlfriends face will get blocked out.

also seeign the different OS for their computers i don't think apple likes to change the layouts of their stuff. its been the same garbage for 20 years and is not likely to change, not to say windows has changed much either but their taskbars and start menu layouts have still changed, plus gagets and rotating background come standard and don't need other add ons or a windows plus cd to do.

point being apple isn't likely goign to change their IOS layout very much, just probably end up addign another stupid feature like Siri to give users the impression they have a wow factor
    05-22-12 07:06 PM
    i don't get what was so appealign about the IOS to begin with. all it really is is a bunch of colorful icons on the screen spaced out by different pages. the icons even block the background so if you have a pic you'd really liek to see mostlikely your toddlers face or girlfriends face will get blocked out.

also seeign the different OS for their computers i don't think apple likes to change the layouts of their stuff. its been the same garbage for 20 years and is not likely to change, not to say windows has changed much either but their taskbars and start menu layouts have still changed, plus gagets and rotating background come standard and don't need other add ons or a windows plus cd to do.

point being apple isn't likely goign to change their IOS layout very much, just probably end up addign another stupid feature like Siri to give users the impression they have a wow factor
    It's not always about the UI. I am more then satisfied with IOS5. Yes maybe a few tweaks here and there. The whole point of the OS is it works great. I never have problems with my 4S. Not having to do battery pulls every few days, having memory leaks, having to reboot my damn phone after deleting and app and wiping the device the odd time was simply stupid. I am interested in what BB10 is like but in no way am I going to go out and buy one the day it is released. Got burned buying the Playbook on launch and what a flop that was.
    05-22-12 07:34 PM
    What I hate most about iPhone's UI is that I can't even view upcoming appointments without going into the calendar app. No previews for mail and SMS, no upcoming appointments, nothing!

BB is still is smartphone to go for full flexibility and functionality. I do agree with the previous poster on memory leaks and stuff, but sacrifices that I can accept due to the flexibility that the BB provides.
    05-28-12 07:54 AM
    I have a friend who is a major phone junkie. The other day, she posted in caps that the iPhone was boring her to tears. She's had it a couple of months, but it was driving her nuts, same look, day in, day out. No themes, no widgets, just that bland, frustratingly easy look. So she switched off and went back to her Skyrocket, and feels much better. (She dual carries, with a BlackBerry, too.)
    05-28-12 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD