04-28-17 08:52 PM
- IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS, YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS PAGE OR READ IT ON A PC SCREEN!
This thread is all about running Google apps on your Blackberry 10 device. But before we're talking about how to do that, you should first get familiar with some specialities of the Blackberry 10 Android runtime.
The Android runtime in BB OS 10.3 is based on a modified Android OS 4.3 (Jelly Bean). Blackberry removed all Google services from the runtime and replaced them with a Blackberry specific counterpart.
The following components have been removed or replaced by Blackberry:
- Google Account Manager -> Replaced with Blackberry Account Manager
- Google Services Framework -> Replaced with a stub that redirects Google Cloud Messaging requests to Blackberry Servers (used for push messaging).
- Google Play Store -> Replaced with Blackberry World
- Google Play Services -> Removed with no replacement
As most of the Google apps cannot run properly with this setup, the missing components must be added again to the Blackberry Android runtime. I got my hands on the Android 4.3 GAPPS package, reverse engineered the apps and patched them (Google Account Manager, Google Play Store, Google Play Services), and I wrote an fully compliant emulation of the Google Services Framework (now called Blackberry Google ID) that supports device checkin to the Google services.
If all files are installed and configured, your BB10 device will be able to run almost every Google app with full features (i.e. Google Maps, Google Photos, Google Sheets). Also 3rd Party apps like Clash of Clans will be able to use Google features (i.e. link the game to your Google account and save progress in the cloud).
Please note that you will have to patch apps like Google Maps, Google Photos or Clash of Clans so that they can work together with the new Google files on your device. These apps will display an error message such as "This app requires Google Play Services..." if they are not patched. After patching, the message will be gone and the app will be able to use all Google Play Services features.
* Push messaging in Android apps does not work (if the device is in sleep mode)
* Android Wear is not supportedINSTALLATION OF ANDROID APPS
Enable "allow installation of foreign apps" in BlackBerry Settings->App Manager. Download the apps directly to your device and tap the apk file to install. Do not sideload .apk files with Sachesi or any other sideloading tool.DOWNLOAD
All files are available on one single file share. Pick the correct file according to your needs. Read the information section below for more details about the apps.
Cobalt's official file shareGoogle Account Manager: ESSENTIAL
The Google Account Manager provides full support for Android apps that require a Google login. It is required for most of the Google apps such as Google Maps, Google Play store or Chrome browser. Install the Google Account Manager and login to create a Google system account on your device. Do not remove the app after installation.
If you are NOT using Google Play Services:
* Install Google Account Manager 4.3.3 and login.
if you are using Google Play Services:
* Install Google Account Manager 4.3.3 and login
* Install Google Account Manager 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (do not login again)Blackberry Google ID: ESSENTIAL
The Blackberry Google ID app emulates low level functions of the Google Services Framework. It allows to sign in the device to Google Play Store and it provides content providers that are used to exchange data between Google apps. This app must be installed if you want to use Google Play Store or Google Play Services. Do not remove after installation. Do not unregister after successful registration!
Latest version: Blackberry Google ID 2.8 [Released on December 23, 2015]Google Play Services
The Google Play services APK contains several individual Google services and runs as a background service in the Android OS runtime. If installed, it provides full Google+ login support. Apps like Clash of Clans or Boom Beach can then synchronize progress with the remote servers. To synchronize game progress, you must also install the patched Google Play Games app.
Please note that the Google Play Services icon will be labled "Google Settings" and not "Google Play Services" after it has been installed on the device!
Latest version: Google Play Services 10.0.84 [Released on Januar 6, 2017]
Latest version:Google Play Games 3.9.08 [Released on January 6, 2017]Patching your own apps
Some apps that you download from Play Store may display an error message such as "Google Play Services is not installed on your device". These apps must be patched in order to run on a Blackberry device. Patching is required because my modified Google Play services is signed with a non-Google signing key and this key doesn't match to the hardcoded key in the apps.
Please take note of the following rules for installing patched apps:
1. ALWAYS UNINSTALL ANY UNPATCHED VERSION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL A PATCHED ONE
2. A patched app can never update an unpatched app (signature mismatch)
3. An unpatched app can never update a patched app (signature mismatch)
4. A patched app can always update an patched app (signature is the same, because the patcher always uses the same signature)
You can download the patcher in this thread. Read the instructions there carefully:
How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services
DO NOT PATCH ANY OF THE APPS THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THIS PAGE. THEY ARE PREPATCHED AND READY TO INSTALL!Google+ Whitelist
This helper app spoofs the developer signature of patched apps so that they can use Google features. All patched apps MUST be whitelisted, otherwise they won't work.
When you run the Whitelist app for the first time, a basic set of spoofed signatures is inserted into the database. You can then add your own signatures by following the instructions below.
1. Run Google+ Whitelist
2. Click on the three dots in the top right and choose add
3. Select the UNPATCHED apk file of the app and add it to the whitelist
4. Patch the app with Play Services Patcher
5. Install the patched version of the app
Pre-spoofed apps (you don't have to add them anymore):
com.google.android.apps.docs.editors.docs (Google Drive)
com.google.android.apps.vega (Google My Business)
com.google.android.apps.enterprise.cpanel (Google Admin)
com.google.android.apps.m4b (Google My Maps)
com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget (Google News & Weather)
Google+ Whitelist REQUIRES Blackberry Google ID to be installed on the device, as this app provides the database where the signatures are saved in. If you remove Blackberry Google ID from your device, you will lose your custom added signatures.
Latest version: Google+ Whitelist 22.214.171.124 [Released on January 6, 2017]Google Play store
The Google Play store APK provides Access to the Google Play app market, where you can browse and download your favorite free and paid Android apps, books or even music. Play Store is also is required by some apps to run correctly, especially if they use any kind of license verification. Google Play store requires Google Account Manager and Blackberry Google ID to be installed on your device.
The discussion and the download link have been moved to this thread:
http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post11189556Community patched apps
These apps have been patched by community members using my patching tools. They require all of my apps to be installed on the device.
GetTaxi, Wheely, Lyft, Uber Driver, Uber Cab, TaxiForSure, Ola Cabs, Sidecar Drive [by tatail]
Working Latest Patched Lyft, Uber Partner, and Uber App
Google Youtube 10.37.58 [by hasmukh1]
Google Photos 126.96.36.199330409 [by hasmukh1]
The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.
Android settings with included mobile data configuration option
The Android Browser APK provides a direct access to the original (and hidden) Android browser.How to get ALL features working in Google Maps
- Install Google Account Manager and login
- Install Blackberry Google ID and checkin
- Install Google Play Sevices (wait 5 minutes after you installed and let the app settle)
- Patch Google Maps with Play Services Patcher
- Remove any unpatched version of Google Maps from your device (if existent)
- Install patched Google Maps
All features like instant AGPS lock-on, timeline, starred places etc. will now work as they would on an Android device.How to synchronize your village in COC or Boom Beach
You can fully synchronize your village with your Google Account. The village will then be save, even if you delete the app or change your device.
If you already have a village in COC/Boom Beach, you'll have to contact Supercell and tell them to link your village to your Google account. Don't tell them that you have a Blackberry device. Tell them that you have a Samsung S6. Supercell will ask you some questions about your village and then give you a code that identifies your village. You can then use that code to link the village on your Blackberry device.
If you got the code, do the following:
1. Install the full Cobalt Stack (all of my apps)
2. Uninstall the existing Clash of Clans
3. Patch Clash of Clans with Play Services Patcher
4. Install the patched vesion and then connect your village with the code that your received from Supercell
If you are a new player and don't have a village yet, you can simply patch the game, install it and link it right after the turorial. Contacting Supercell is not required.
Last edited by Cobalt232; 01-27-17 at 07:26 AM.10-05-14 12:37 PMLike 314
Posted via CB1010-05-14 08:26 PM
- 10-06-14 10:55 AM
- By amritanshu singh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 112Last Post: 03-10-16, 02:33 PM
- By Allgoodnicknamesaretaken in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 26Last Post: 01-28-15, 11:23 AM
- By JVRudnick in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 22Last Post: 12-22-14, 10:29 PM
- By UKAsh in forum CrackBerry AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-05-14, 10:43 PM
- By Chopper110 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 7Last Post: 10-06-14, 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD