I have my MS OneDrive account set up in my phone. I opened it up, navigated to a file, opened and edited the file.

I then went to the three-dot menu, saved it and closed it.

Back at home, I go to open the file from my OneDrive drive - the changes haven't been saved.

Why not? What's the point of opening a file from my OneDrive drive, edit it and save it only to not have it save?

And what's the difference between "Sync" and "Pin"? It's highly ambiguous.
    07-10-14 04:45 PM
    • When you pin a file it is saved to your BlackBerry device, so you can view the file even when you're not connected to a mobile or wireless network. If a file is not pinned, it is not available when you're offline.
    • If you have edited a pinned file while offline, you can use the Sync Now option when you reconnect to a wireless network to ensure that the file is synchronized with the cloud before other files are synchronized.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...l1337711689556
    07-10-14 07:15 PM
    Thanks.

So with that, isn't pinning the same as syncing? They're both available offline, right?

And since I was online when I edited and saved the word doc, why didn't it save to the location it was opened from?
    07-10-14 07:56 PM
    Anyone know why editing a document I opened from OneDrive doesn't save back to OneDrive? When I hit save, where does it save if not on OneDrive?
    07-11-14 10:46 AM
    No idea what happened. IMO, when you want to edit any cloud based document, it is downloaded to your device. After on-device editing is done, saving will require a re-upload of the new version to the cloud. Perhaps a poor connection when the upload was to take place, a bad reception spot, or else I don't know.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-11-14 10:54 AM