I have question regarding to cloud storage on BB10 OS.
    Does blackberry has something like iCloud or something similar to it? Or Microsoft account like. So that with one account all memos, contacts, and files can automatically saved to cloud. I know that I still can use dropbox, box, or one drive. I just expect something with blackberry account then data uploaded to blackberry server. Something like that.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:32 AM
    No.
    01-09-15 06:36 AM
    I'm afraid you would say that. Really need this feature in the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 06:43 AM
    There has been large demand for this feature and BlackBerry is aware of it. Who knows, maybe they will
    01-09-15 06:47 AM
    I guese they could charge a few buxks per gig since they already provided a couple of free solutions. Not a bad idea.
    01-09-15 07:34 AM
    If you have a Google account, your email, calendar and contacts are saved on their servers. You can sync your phone very easily. Your notes in the Remember app can be saved to Evernote automatically. You can get Evernote for free

Via my Zed30
    01-09-15 09:09 AM
    U can use Gmail / outlook.com or Box / Dropbox but I agree with OP there should be something like icloud where one can save the important things and it should be a native app

BB Z10 100-1 | 10.3.1.1154
    01-09-15 09:28 AM
    I have question regarding to cloud storage on BB10 OS.
    Does blackberry has something like iCloud or something similar to it? Or Microsoft account like. So that with one account all memos, contacts, and files can automatically saved to cloud. I know that I still can use dropbox, box, or one drive. I just expect something with blackberry account then data uploaded to blackberry server. Something like that.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Memos and contacts are saved automatically to the cloud if you use ActiveSync to a provider like Outlook.com.

About the only thing you can't do today, that I am aware of that is, is to automatically sync files to a solution like One Drive. The one except, with One Drive anyway, is camera pictures can be saved there.

To work around the device <--> cloud storage file syncing absence, I use Link to sync the One Drive folders on my computer with my device. It's a work around, but essentially now I have everything you asked for (through the use of the Link sync and ActiveSync).

I hope that helps.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-09-15 05:31 PM
    If you install the Box, Dropbox or OneDrive apps, photos or videos and obviously documents can be synced automatically

Via my Zed30
    01-10-15 01:59 AM
    If you install the Box, Dropbox or OneDrive apps, photos or videos and obviously documents can be synced automatically

Via my Zed30
    Can you show us how to automatically sync documents with OneDrive because it isn't obvious to me. Just photos and videos made by the camera can be automatically synced like I mentioned:

Cloud storage.-img_20150110_082513.png

01-10-15 07:27 AM
    Can you show us how to automatically sync documents with OneDrive because it isn't obvious to me. Just photos and videos made by the camera can be automatically synced like I mentioned:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150110_082513.png 
Views:	625 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	326403

If I could wager a guess at this answer, the poster could be referencing automatically saving to a cloud and simply editing the files from the cloud. This is something I do daily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-15 08:02 AM
    Use ultimate backup on BlackBerry world ... set to backup daily on ultimate backup setting...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:07 AM
    If I could wager a guess at this answer, the poster could be referencing automatically saving to a cloud and simply editing the files from the cloud. This is something I do daily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How do you automatically save documents from your device to the cloud? AFAIK you can only automatically back up items created with your camera which is the screen shot I posted.

01-10-15 08:14 AM
    How do you automatically save documents from your device to the cloud? AFAIK you can only automatically back up items created with your camera which is the screen shot I posted.

Let's take an office doc for example.

Create a new one, and instead of saving it to the device say it to your 'cloud' of choice.

Now when you open that file from the cloud and edit it, once saved it will push it back to the cloud.

For the files that I had mentioned earlier, they are physically on the cloud and I never pull them down.

My most used app on BB10 is the stock file manager which I use to access everything which than invokes the required apps that I need.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:47 AM
    Let's take an office doc for example.

Create a new one, and instead of saving it to the device say it to your 'cloud' of choice.

Now when you open that file from the cloud and edit it, once saved it will push it back to the cloud.

For the files that I had mentioned earlier, they are physically on the cloud and I never pull them down.

My most used app on BB10 is the stock file manager which I use to access everything which than invokes the required apps that I need.

Posted via CB10
    OK, but that isn't syncing files from your device to the cloud, that's saving them to the cloud directly and editing them from there.

The OP desires syncing of files on their device to the cloud which aside from camera files there is no native way to do it that I am aware of. That's why I used Link as an intermediate sync tool between the cloud and my device.

Last edited by HotFix; 01-10-15 at 06:25 PM.
    01-10-15 11:26 AM
    Agreed, but I was providing an alternative all while using the existing accounts he currently has.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:44 AM
    Well, actually I already have one drive. I'm just thinking more blackberry has native for it. For example when I use windows phone as well. And I love the way they sync everything start from office, one note, one drive, skype.
    I don't like Evernote cz I have to be online. Unlike onenote, it's possible to make a new note without online, then it sync automatically when connected to the network.
    I keep using BlackBerry since I love the gesture UI.
    And I can't live without blackberry hub and perfect keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:36 AM