Wondering what experience other non BES users are having. I'm coming from BIS and local contacts and calendar synced to desktop and it worked well for me, but I'm fine going fully wirelessly. I am setup via hotmail the activesync but it is less than satisfying. I've run into numerous quirks, and it's slow to update, and worst of all, the service has been disrupted/down 3 times in the short time I've used it. Maybe growing pains but I'm looking for something more reliable.

Does google apps for business work well enough with bb10? Love to hear of any other options as well.
    Last edited by jimmyt1; 03-13-13 at 09:15 AM.
    03-13-13 09:03 AM
    outlook.com works well for me.. i dunno what issues ur running into..

although i agree the contacts options are mehh but the syncing works no problem
    03-13-13 10:12 AM
    03-13-13 10:20 AM
    I set up Outlook.com for wife's Playbook and S3mini and it works well. It appears quicker from phone & playbook than from laptop.

Only problem is that any emails she send are stamped with [email protected] on behalf of; NAME [[email protected]]
    Anyone know how to stop this?

Obviously I have removed her name & email address.
    03-13-13 12:50 PM
    I have Google Apps for business and it works great. I have my personal calendar sync and shared calendars via an app called "Calendar Sync". I can file messages into whatever labels I create. I create the labels on the desktop or via my BlackBerry browser because I cannot create them from the Hub. I like it better than my outlook.com email, but yes it is not free.

Posted via CB10
    jimmyt1 likes this.
    03-13-13 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the insight. I've setup a Google apps for business trial (full use for 30 days). It's reasonably priced but I need to see if it will take care of my requirements. Though in my limited testing so far, it looks very good. Following the weekend I will give a more detailed review.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:47 PM
    U could also just use the free Google account and use imap for email. CardDAV for contacts and CalDAV for calendars.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:46 AM
    Thx. I still use outlook on my desktop, so I need something to sync between the 2 and the app I found only works with the biz version.

U could also just use the free Google account and use imap for email. CardDAV for contacts and CalDAV for calendars.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 07:29 AM
    If you want to use Outlook.com for PIM sync, then turn off email sync on your outlook.com account and check your defaults on both your outlook and BB10.

Keep your email default to your regular email and your PIMS defaults to outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 06:36 AM
    If you want to use Outlook.com for PIM sync, then turn off email sync on your outlook.com account and check your defaults on both your outlook and BB10.

Keep your email default to your regular email and your PIMS defaults to outlook.com

Posted via CB10
    So it is possible to use Gmail for emails and Outlook for contacts and calendar? Tried this yesterday and got the impression that I had to import the contacts into outlook.com first.
    03-15-13 11:08 AM