is that possible? as I remember.. the leaked videos only show when u'r opening an app and u swipe up, it will become an active frame.. is it possible to directly close an app that we open in bb10? anyone with dev alpha may be?
    11-16-12 11:03 PM
    from what i saw you tap the active frames in the corner on the "x" and they will close fully

Closing app in BB10 wlthout going to Active Frame first?-bb10-homescreen-210-100.jpg
    ichat likes this.
    11-16-12 11:07 PM
    I see... so there's no direct closing.. it must be in active frame and then tap the corner like it used to be on playbook... thx for the answer..:thumbup:
    11-16-12 11:26 PM
    There is no current generic method to close an app unless going into the active frame state. However, it is possible to program a method into the app to terminate itself (i.e. a close button).
    11-16-12 11:38 PM
    On a similar note, I'm wondering if BB10 apps can run in the background and the active frame state is optional...?
    11-17-12 12:00 AM
    On a similar note, I'm wondering if BB10 apps can run in the background and the active frame state is optional...?
    actually sumtimes I was imagining that I can drag my app window on playbook to the upper left hand corner and put it there as a minimized running in backgorund app...
    11-17-12 12:07 AM
    How about this - is it possible to not have Active Frames active at all? Maybe an option to just not use it.
    11-17-12 12:21 AM
    I REALLY REALLY don't like pressing on that X to close the active frame. There should be some sort of swipe that removes/closes the active frame. Pressing is such an ancient gesture control. everything else on BB10 uses swipes. In fact, even android swipes their frames away. Why does active frames make you click the X???
    11-17-12 12:23 AM
    I REALLY REALLY don't like pressing on that X to close the active frame. There should be some sort of swipe that removes/closes the active frame. Pressing is such an ancient gesture control. everything else on BB10 uses swipes. In fact, even android swipes their frames away. Why does active frames make you click the X???
    I agree. It would be nice to be able to "swipe away" an app you're using to close it, without having to go into active frame view. One of the things I dislike about iOS is having to go into the active app bar to close an app.
    11-17-12 04:20 AM
    Programmatically, developers can build into the app an exit routine. It will exit the app without going to an active tile. But, the user will have to exit the app by the exit button or menu option. If you swipe up, it will always go to an active tile.

I don't remember if the same swiping motion from the PlayBook will be in BB10, where you swipe up on the tile to close. I don't think you can do that on the Dev Alpha, but that could change.
    11-17-12 06:27 AM
    I agree. It would be nice to be able to "swipe away" an app you're using to close it, without having to go into active frame view. One of the things I dislike about iOS is having to go into the active app bar to close an app.
    yep... I think swipe would be more suitable for the "flow" concept...
    11-17-12 07:33 AM
    Come on guys. Think about it. If you could swipe away apps, how many times would you end up accidentally closing apps when you mean to scroll up and down the active frames screen? Also imagine if it were something important you were working on.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 11-17-12 at 08:45 PM.
    bluetroll and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-17-12 01:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure it would be like now. Swipe over the menu and then exit or close app. No active frame.
    11-17-12 01:41 PM
    I'm hoping there's an option like there is in W8 where you can make an active tile static.
    11-17-12 03:01 PM
    I think it would be great to be able to close an app without having to go through the Active Frames and making it a 2 step process.

I just came up with the idea to have a gesture for this and it would work in a similar fashion to the gesture for entering the Hub after a peek.

So you just Swipe up from the Bezel like a simple Peek, and then instead of moving to the right to enter the HUB, you just continue upwards until you reach the third quarter of the screen at which point there will appear a trash can at the very top of the screen continue your gesture and reach the top Bezel to accomplish Closing an app without having to go through Active Frames.

What do you guys think ?
    11-17-12 03:38 PM
    Programmatically, developers can build into the app an exit routine. It will exit the app without going to an active tile. But, the user will have to exit the app by the exit button or menu option. If you swipe up, it will always go to an active tile.

I don't remember if the same swiping motion from the PlayBook will be in BB10, where you swipe up on the tile to close. I don't think you can do that on the Dev Alpha, but that could change.
    i have this issue with my playbook all the time during gaming. It really irritates me to the point i will we didnt have gesture control. I actually like my other tabs or my nexus better most times because of this huge annoyance.
    11-17-12 05:52 PM
    i have this issue with my playbook all the time during gaming. It really irritates me to the point i will we didnt have gesture control. I actually like my other tabs or my nexus better most times because of this huge annoyance.
    I read on these forums (can't find the thread) that game developers for BB10 have the option of disabling or restricting the swipe gestures.
    11-17-12 08:48 PM
    I read on these forums (can't find the thread) that game developers for BB10 have the option of disabling or restricting the swipe gestures.
    i am sure they do but most dont seem to disable it. Playing games like shadowgun always have me moving the damn window, thus pausing the game and such
    11-17-12 09:45 PM
    if its anything like the playbok there is a feater to swipe up and toss the app and close it
    11-18-12 02:29 AM
    After 2 years, I'd like to rehash this thread. seems like even now with Active Frame management in 10.3 we cannot just close an app with a single gesture. It's necessary to go to the active frames screen and use X to close or long-X to close and... clear memory?!?

Anyway, it would be very convenient to be able to do a long swipe up from an open app to close it down.

my $0.02
    10-23-14 02:27 PM
    After 2 years, I'd like to rehash this thread. seems like even now with Active Frame management in 10.3 we cannot just close an app with a single gesture. It's necessary to go to the active frames screen and use X to close or long-X to close and... clear memory?!?

Anyway, it would be very convenient to be able to do a long swipe up from an open app to close it down.

my $0.02
    Not the worst idea, actually not too bad. I don't like it personally, as it's too easy to accidentally close an app.

I would like to be able to flick away active frames like how it works on PlayBook and now iOS.
    10-23-14 05:54 PM
    Not the worst idea, actually not too bad. I don't like it personally, as it's too easy to accidentally close an app.

I would like to be able to flick away active frames like how it works on PlayBook and now iOS.
    I loved the flicking to close in PlayBook OS. That and the carousel of opened apps. Wish that was somehow used in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:11 PM
    How hard is it to close an app? Swipe up and tap x!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:19 PM
    It's not hard, it's just time consuming. If I can close all my running apps on my android phone, why shouldn't I be able to do the same on my passport?
    10-28-14 09:14 PM