So i had a rude awakening this morning, literally, cuz the alarm i set for 5:30 am did not go off, and i ended up sleeping in till 6:40 am.

I had set the alarm and put my z10 into bedside mode, but when i checked it again in the morning, the clock app was just displaying a blank screen. It was all black, and the bottom bar was not showing any buttons, just a grey rectangle.

I've had a similar issue in the videos app, where when you load it, it just shows a black screen and a grey bar, but doesn't load fully. Both times the issue was resolved by restarting, but thats not really a solution. Particularly because this morning, restarting my z10 somehow got it stuck on the Fido screen, and i had to restart once more.

I understand that some issues are to be expected with a brand new os, and these things are minor compared to stuff that could be eff'd up, so im not complaining, but i do hope BB is aware of them so they can be fixed in the next update.

I wanted to take a screen cap of what happened, but that functionality was also disabled while this was going on, so im assuming it wasn't just an app malfunction but an underlying OS issue.

Does anyone know of a place (either here on CB or on official BB channels) where such things could be reported, so i can be sure the BB team is made aware of them? I wish there was a built in feedback option that would send the info directly to BB's development team (one more thing they could/should add in later iterations)
    BBJonbo likes this.
    02-11-13 09:56 PM
    I'm with Fido and they set up my phone in store using hotspot. They had trouble loading os (took 3 tries), that day camera wouldn't launch and apps started freezing. I tried restart and battery pull to no avail, finally wiped and started from scratch. Everything works fine now, I think the initial loading over hotspot was the culprit. Anyways good luck
    02-11-13 10:25 PM
    I too slept past the "alarm" today. Had it in bedside mode but it never went off. I did a few tests and noticed that the alarm was going off but it was just a window with no audible sounds. I had to restart the device to get it working. Curiously, later today I couldn't edit a calendar event. Same deal...so I entered a test calendar entry and again, couldn't edit them. When I pressed the 3 dots the only option was "share". Restarted the device and it worked again. Bugs!
    02-11-13 10:57 PM
    What you are explaining us FAR from normal for this OS. I have yet to restart my phone (not even once) since I got it on the 5th, and it is perfectly fine. If I were you, I would wipe the phone and start fresh. It sounds like something may have went wrong with the initial update or something that has made your phone so unstable.
    02-11-13 11:22 PM
    P.s. There is a bug with bedside mode that is causing some people's phone to go silent and not make many notifications sounds. Personally, I would avoid bedside mode for now. What's wrong with changing your phone to all alerts off and turning off the screen?
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-11-13 11:24 PM
    What you are explaining us FAR from normal for this OS. I have yet to restart my phone (not even once) since I got it on the 5th, and it is perfectly fine. If I were you, I would wipe the phone and start fresh. It sounds like something may have went wrong with the initial update or something that has made your phone so unstable.
    Oh man, really? You are probably right. Omg, I have invested so much time already trying to get this thing set up and functioning. Is there a tutorial on that?
    02-11-13 11:28 PM
    P.s. There is a bug with bedside mode that is causing some people's phone to go silent and not make many notifications sounds. Personally, I would avoid bedside mode for now. What's wrong with changing your phone to all alerts off and turning off the screen?
    The problem with turning off the screen is some people use it as a clock and like to be able to see the time at a glance, especially if they are having trouble sleeping or wake up in the night.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    02-11-13 11:34 PM
    Oh man, really? You are probably right. Omg, I have invested so much time already trying to get this thing set up and functioning. Is there a tutorial on that?
    I'm not sure to be honest with you. I think you should be able to find something by searching these forums or Googling "BB10 Wipe" or "BlackBerry Z10 Wipe" or something like that.
    02-11-13 11:50 PM
    Ok thanks, I will try a power off. However, I do miss that on shut down, my torch used to display the alarm time. It was a good reassurance that the alarm was set right!
    02-12-13 12:13 AM
    Bad news. Turned the Z off last night and the alarm failed to go off this morning.
    02-12-13 06:44 AM
    so i guess it is an underlying problem with the notification system. I just hope BB is aware of it and we get a fix in the next update. Till then i'll set up an extra alarm on my PB.
    02-12-13 10:16 PM
    I get a blank screen too many times when I tap the settings icon. The screen goes blank for a good 2-3 seconds before launching the app. This also happens with a few apps. Instead of launching them instantaly which is what usually happens, the screen is blank for a few seconds before the app actually launches.
    02-12-13 10:33 PM