I spent $700 for the Passport, BlackBerry's flagship phone at the time. A year later this phone and the OS that powers it has been abandoned by BlackBerry. This is totally unacceptable and it is time for BlackBerry to be held accountable for deceiving it's customers.
    We will see you in court!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Q10Bold, lift, ssbtech and 2 others like this.
    01-21-16 09:42 AM
    Abandoned? No.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    01-21-16 09:53 AM
    lol you're funny,do you have a contract with blackberry and your phone it's not working anymore?
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-21-16 09:55 AM
    Good luck with that. Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 09:57 AM
    I spent $700 for the Passport, BlackBerry's flagship phone at the time. A year later this phone and the OS that powers it has been abandoned by BlackBerry. This is totally unacceptable and it is time for BlackBerry to be held accountable for deceiving it's customers.

I think the same will happen with the priv. Its just another PB, BB10 disaster.

Posted via PP
    JeepBB, lift, RyanGermann and 4 others like this.
    01-21-16 10:01 AM
    Just enjoy your device OP. It will be fine for the next year or two. I think I read somewhere where the average user changes devices every 18 months or so. If you have had your Passport for 1 year you just have 6 months to go. No biggy!
    MehdiQ and ProjectBrett like this.
    01-21-16 10:03 AM
    Haha this is funny.

BlackBerry has not abandoned BlackBerry 10. They will be releasing updates in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 10:12 AM
    Sorry but that happens all the time.... with technology. That's why it is kinda important to buy products from "reputable" companies that have a long positive track record. BlackBerry..... STORM, PlayBook - they're track record speaks for itself.

By the time the Passport came to market.... there was no reason to really expect to see long term support from BlackBerry (most people already taught they were out of business).

All that said... what has your Passport stop doing? Should do most everything that was promised by BlackBerry... for years to come. I doubt you'll find promises of major updates or Android App compatibility anywhere... other than CrackBerry, so maybe your are wanting to sue the wrong people.
    JeepBB and LuvULongTime like this.
    01-21-16 10:13 AM
    I'm going to start a class action lawsuit against you for making me read this thread. I think lost a couple IQ points.
    01-21-16 10:44 AM
    All you can do is shake your head and say "I've been Chenned". And do your best to not be Chenned again by buying a Priv.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    lift, acovey, Vistaus and 6 others like this.
    01-21-16 11:00 AM
    This is an open and shut case. All you have to do is show the marketing that says that the Passport is and always will be the BlackBerry flagship phone and the official BB10 abandonment announcement.
    01-21-16 11:35 AM
    Question: Does BlackBerry, or any device manufacturer explicitly state they will support the device even a day after purchase? My understanding is, they've given you a product, and you've paid for the product as is not for what it will become. End transaction.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and andy957 like this.
    01-21-16 12:18 PM
    Question: Does BlackBerry, or any device manufacturer explicitly state they will support the device even a day after purchase? My understanding is, they've given you a product, and you've paid for the product as is not for what it will become. End transaction.
    I've never seen an explicit "support period guarantee" for any product.

I doubt there is any legal basis for a claim even if they were to refuse to support a product shortly after release. That said, I think it's pretty standard within the industry to expect support for around 18-months to 2 years after a new product is released. I suspect the length of any support period is not legally enforceable, but the reputational damage to any manufacturer who failed to support their products for a reasonable period would be enormous.
    01-21-16 01:14 PM
    I've never seen an explicit "support period guarantee" for any product.

I doubt there is any legal basis for a claim even if they were to refuse to support a product shortly after release. That said, I think it's pretty standard within the industry to expect support for around 18-months to 2 years after a new product is released. I suspect the length of any support period is not legally enforceable, but the reputational damage to any manufacturer who failed to support their products for a reasonable period would be enormous.
    I bought an BlueRay player, has a check for update button in the UI..... it's been three years and I've never had an update. Thing seems to still work though.
    Polt likes this.
    01-21-16 01:25 PM
    I bought an BlueRay player, has a check for update button in the UI..... it's been three years and I've never had an update. Thing seems to still work though.
    I think that's kind of "normal" for most equipment. There's provision for an update, and the manufacturer would likely release an update if your BluRay player started firing (frickin') laser-beams at your dog instead of playing movies, but I doubt they would bother to continue supporting it beyond a couple of years. After three years, I doubt your update button is really "connected" to anything... so keep an eye on your dog!
    01-21-16 01:51 PM
    Hear Hear. One thousand percent agree. I'm in the same boat but bought two classics and two passports in 2015 for my business. Luv the phones but never would have spent over $2500 for them if I would have had any idea they were going to abandon bb10. And I'm twice burned. We bought four playbook 2012? And six months later they abandoned the pbooks. Twice burned I will never buy another blackberry product. And I've been a loyal customers for 10 years. Have bought in that time 4 curves. A Z10, a Z-30, and as I said 2 passports 2 classics, and the 4 passports. This is the final straw and Chen is driving the company into the ground.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and KKrusher like this.
    01-21-16 01:53 PM

It would help if you quoted what they said that is specifically deceitful.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-21-16 02:45 PM
    My PlayBook still serves me well. Limited apps compared to iPad etc. But does what I bought it for and more.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-21-16 02:50 PM
    As long as it works.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    01-21-16 02:52 PM

Ehhh... I think there is something that you got wrong! It's not BlackBerry that is abandoning their phones it's their clients.

The reason why BlackBerry is "winding" down BlackBerry 10 is because BlackBerry clients started to switch to other platforms

It's like saying that Sony should continue making beta max player and updating them.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, wincyUt and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-21-16 02:53 PM

How many Updates have you received and will.

My Samsung Tab 2 that I received as a Gift, only received one Update From ICS to Jelly Bean And worst of all the Update came when Kit Kat Was released.

The point is my Tab and you Passport still work and will Continue to work. You have and will receive multiple updates, so no damage done.
    01-21-16 04:04 PM
    It's going to be pretty hard to file a class-action suit when you're on your own OP.

I feel bad even dignifying this thread with a response at all.
    01-21-16 04:06 PM
    T'is the season of craziness. OP, you just made my day.
    sam81 likes this.
    01-21-16 04:08 PM
    Wow...just wow. Lmao

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    sam81 likes this.
    01-21-16 04:09 PM
    i dont care about lawsuits because those that have bb10 devices have had them for a while and knew what they were getting themselves into me included, however i would strongly advise others to not buy any bb10 devices anymore from shopbb quite frankly they shouldnt even be selling them anymore and if your a future priv owner or current owner good luck to you hopefully bb can keep pushing updates and refining their software for years to come as for me its not a chance im wiling to take again.
    FF22, Bonnie Bonzai and JeepBB like this.
    01-21-16 04:23 PM
176 123 ...