Hi all,

As some cisco's officials that I met today told me that Cisco had been in contact with BlackBerry one year and a half before to develop their collaboration and communication client over BlackBerry as they do for all other plateforms.

One of the biggest cisco's customers was pushing over as he needed to get Cisco Jabber on his z and q phones.

But, upon what it's been said to me, BlackBerry sent an official statement impeding VOIP apps on its smartphones.

It sound very surprising to me but that's what came out from my meeting with Cisco guys about jabber on BlackBerry.

If this is true, it would be a very bad position from BlackBerry.
    If this is not true, then BlackBerry HAVE TO work with Cisco as soon as possible to push a Jabber client on BlackBerry 10 because I know a lot of customers who are pretty ready to drop their Blackberrys for a phone that supports productivity apps and are integrated with their call server platforms as cisco's Communications Manager.

Hope BlackBerry read this and act very fast !

Sincerely

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 12:53 PM
    Posting anything here on the forums and waiting for BlackBerry to take action is not practical.

Try Beta Zone, at least there you know people from the company will get to read it.
    06-11-15 01:55 PM
    There is Enterprise IM as an app in the app store, but remember that Jabber is more than just a VoiP client. It would take considerable work to pull such an array of features to a new app for a different platform

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 02:24 PM
    We are not talking about IM for Entreprises but having Jabber with linked VOIP to an IPBX or call server with all features coming with it...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 04:22 AM
    Cisco has the API's, as always. I sell Cisco for LAN, telephony and their WLAN products in particular, but rarely do I encounter Jabber for BlackBerry being a burning issue. Never in fact. Which voice platform are you looking at buying? BE6K? 7K? Higher level? The clients for Mitel and Avaya are also pretty good. What's your network architecture for LAN, security and storage? If not based around Cisco architecture as a whole, which is very effective, perhaps look at Mitel or Avaya which is generally network agnostic and lower cost. BlackBerry really isn't a concern to the Enterprises I've rolled out into for any platform except Mitel who makes exception for them since they moved head office to Canada.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 05:50 AM