That should be the same APK (same version). I downloaded that one and my Z10 didn't like it.
    07-04-14 04:02 PM
    GRRR ..
    1) Cisco ASA is HW BOX. This box provide more VPN solutions that Anyconnect only. VPN "Cisco ASA" included in BBOS10 before 10.3.1 is default OLD IPSEC client. This has nothing to do with SSL kind Anyconnect VPN. Some ASA boxes provided old IPSEC also together with Anyconnect. In my company we have two ASA VPN boxes for employes, one have IPSEC/Anyconnect, second only Anyconnect. Solution with use "Cisco ASA" VPN working only on ASA boxes with both kind of VPN.

2) VPN is low level network configuration - no one Android APK wil be able change network setting to VPN for all BBOS/apps on device. Maybe in Dalvik runtime sandbox only ..
    10-03-14 06:38 AM
    You obviously haven't managed a Cisco ASA unit before. Cisco Anyconnect is a Cisco proprietary VPN client that allows a user to connect to a specified network from anywhere in the world without the need for two level authentication. However, you can more than likely also connect to the same network with the xauth-psk method as long as the ASA has been configured for it which in this case it has.

Posted via CB10
    @thewzard Do you know anything about configuring ASA's for this type of access? Our network guy left and I'm trying to wrap my head around it...and it's not working! hah. Can't seem to figure out where to specify these group username and group password (it's probably called something different in the Cisco config..)
    12-10-14 09:46 AM
    Sure. What do you want to know?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:43 AM
    In the latest 10.3.1. leaks is Cisco AnyConnect an option in the vpn settings. You cant actually use it. it only tries to download the anyconnect
    client from BB World. But it is not available now
    Cisco AnyConnect for BlackBerry 10-img_20141211_145848.png
    12-11-14 08:03 AM
    In the latest 10.3.1. leaks is Cisco AnyConnect an option in the vpn settings. You cant actually use it. it only tries to download the anyconnect
    client from BB World. But it is not available now
    Wow that's promising! Thanks for the find ATV_Hightower.
    12-15-14 09:31 AM
    We have started a public beta of AnyConnect on Blackberry 10 as of yesterday. Unfortunately our CB account does not currently have access to post links, so please feel free to email us at ac-mobile-feedback AT cisco.com if you cannot find the information via a search.
    02-20-15 10:52 AM
    We have started a public beta of AnyConnect on Blackberry 10 as of yesterday. Unfortunately our CB account does not currently have access to post links, so please feel free to email us at ac-mobile-feedback AT cisco.com if you cannot find the information via a search.
    We have provided info here.....

Cisco AnyConnect beta now appearing for download on BlackBerry World | CrackBerry.com
    02-20-15 12:04 PM
    I was able to install the client and connect to my VPN with no issues. After a reboot of the passport phone running the new & official release 10.3.1.1568, however, when I try to connect, I am prompted to download the application again. Since the application is already installed, I click on the Open button in BlackBerry World which in turns shows the Cisco splash screen to use the profile to get started.

I once received the message that nothing is associated with the AnyConnect extension. I am going to reinstall and see if this fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:18 PM
    I was able to install the client and connect to my VPN with no issues. After a reboot of the passport phone running the new & official release 10.3.1.1568, however, when I try to connect, I am prompted to download the application again. Since the application is already installed, I click on the Open button in BlackBerry World which in turns shows the Cisco splash screen to use the profile to get started.

I once received the message that nothing is associated with the AnyConnect extension. I am going to reinstall and see if this fixes it.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't create an app icon so you just have to open it again via the link in BBW. It doesn't need to be installed again. Maybe Anyconnect support can provide info here on why it's implemented this way.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 08:51 AM
    Any plans on creating an app icon so it can easily be launched? Will the app also support different connection profiles to multiple servers like the following below?

http://www.jheary.com/android-client.jpg

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 08:55 AM
    Thank you for the Beta it works great!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:56 AM
    when we can download this great app from appworld again ?
    Iranian users really need to access to the internet with something like Cisco protocol for Bypassing Internet Censorship
    (Iran has some of the strictest controls on Internet access in the world)
    03-13-15 03:32 AM
    Hello! I am a blackberry passport silver edition SQW 100-4 phone user. Dear admin, I ask you to help me! Due to internet blocking in our country (Turkmenistan), I cannot enter the blackberry world application and download the ciscoanyconnect application for blackberry os from there. Kindly please, I need a (ciscoanyconnect.bar) bar file to properly configure VPN connection! Thank you in advance!
    03-20-21 06:03 AM
    Hello! I am a blackberry passport silver edition SQW 100-4 phone user. Dear admin, I ask you to help me! Due to internet blocking in our country (Turkmenistan), I cannot enter the blackberry world application and download the ciscoanyconnect application for blackberry os from there. Kindly please, I need a (ciscoanyconnect.bar) bar file to properly configure VPN connection! Thank you in advance!
    We don't have it. Only the developer can choose to provide the bar file if they choose to. Perhaps you can try to contact them.
    03-20-21 10:18 AM
    There is no app in BBW called Ciscoanyconnect in any case and even if there was one in the past, I highly doubt whether it would work today.
    03-20-21 10:28 AM
    According to other forums Cisco AnyConnect were available for BB10 and it is still working, but only if you downloaded it. I don't know about any bar file for it.
    03-22-21 02:23 AM
    According to other forums Cisco AnyConnect were available for BB10 and it is still working, but only if you downloaded it. I don't know about any bar file for it.
    If you can contact the developer you could beg kindly for a bar file as noted previously. Some developers have done this.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-21 03:04 PM
    03-23-21 08:14 AM
    I reached out to Cisco people, and they response was as following:
    Unfortunately, our Blackberry 10 application was discontinued and Is no longer available.
    So it's up to us to find someone who still has the AnyConnect BAR file.
    The question is: does anyone? I surely don't and I don't want to get rid of my Q10 just because of this inconvenience
    03-21-23 05:59 AM

The question is: does anyone? I surely don't and I don't want to get rid of my Q10 just because of this inconvenience
    Only the developer could offer it up outside of BBW. Generally big companies don't do that, and being the Cisco pulled the App before BBW was shutdown, it's clear they weren't supporting it.

If someone had the app, there is no way to extract it into a working bar file.
    Marcaul likes this.
    03-21-23 08:58 AM

If this is your only inconvenience then I’d say you are very lucky.

I assume you don’t do any banking or have any other critical apps on your Q10 as I found BB10 had become so inconvenient I needed to move to a supported platform over 3 years ago.

We all have a point when we need to move on, I really enjoyed BB10 but it came to the point when it was too much like hard work to use it on a daily basis.
    03-22-23 05:18 AM
    Yes, indeed I do use another phone - S23 Ultra - as a daily driver, so all the banking and other important things that should be done are done there.
    I wanted to "revive" my Q10 as a "work phone" for my job related applications.
    05-17-23 05:24 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD