My university uses Cisco AnyConnect VPN, so I was very excited to see that as a VPN option on my Z30. But when I choose that option, I get a message saying that I "need to download the Cisco AnyConnect service to use this Gateway." When I click on Download, it takes me to BB World, but none of the options are for Cisco AnyConnect. (The options are Cisco Technical Support, Cisco WebEx Meetings, and Enterprise IM for Cisco.) Any one know how to get Cisco AnyConnect?
    02-05-15 12:56 AM
    The simple answer is that it is not out yet. Many are waiting for it. It was promised by BlackBerry (at the launch of the Classic) for early January 2015. It is now early February 2015! I need it as well but it is very frustrating not to be able to get a real release date from either BlackBerry or Cisco. I maintain that BlackBerry is not truly Enterprise until they deliver Cisco AnyConnect for BB10. Maybe I'll just call them enterprise ( with a small 'e'). Many universities and companies use Cisco AnyConnect as the gateway to their internal networks. I will stick with my BlackBerry but they are definitely trying to build my character! (patience/delayed satisfaction builds character?)

Posted via CB10
    p1800nut likes this.
    02-05-15 02:41 AM
    I successfully created a VPN access to my university without the need of the Cisco AnyConnect Client. All you need is some informations about groupnames, grouppassword and server address. I got these information from my Universitys VPN FAQ for Linux and Iphones.

1. Create a new VPN Profile
    2. Choose a profile name
    3. insert server address
    4. as gateway choose: "Cisco IOS with Easy VPN Server"
    5. authentification: "XAUTH-PSK"
    6. enter the groupname and grouppassword
    7. enter your personal login / password
    8. thats it!

It works for me, maybe it will work for you!
    02-19-15 07:09 AM
    Sorry, many of us need AnyConnect because for our VPN system there is no group name and password.

Posted via CB10
    RandomSkratch likes this.
    02-19-15 08:17 AM
    Sorry, many of us need AnyConnect because for our VPN system there is no group name and password.

Posted via CB10
    That's where you are wrong.
    Your IT department has the group name and password
    Just depends if they want to give it to you
    In my case it took a month of contacting them before I got the required information

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 08:25 AM
    That's where you are wrong.
    Your IT department has the group name and password
    Just depends if they want to give it to you
    In my case it took a month of contacting them before I got the required information

Posted via CB10
    IT here, not necessarily. It has to be configured separately from the AnyConnect Client configuration. In our case we only permit the client and Web Access so we do not have a group name and password.
    02-19-15 09:00 AM
    Thank you masterscarhead1 for correcting me. It caused me to try again and I found the right VPN IT person to get the Group name and password. The Group name and password are not normally given out because of security reasons (they said). So they usually require a connection to your computer (like Teamviewer) and they enter the password without giving it directly to you.
    However, I am an IT person at the institution so they gave it to me. I was able to successfully connect using the Cisco ASA VPN profile with the proper credentials.
    I wish you had forcefully commented on some of my earlier posts to get me to check into the Group name stuff earlier! :-) I have been waiting for the AnyConnect client for months! Now I can use the Android RealVNC client on my BlackBerry Passport to connect securely to my computer at work.
    Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 01:14 PM