When typing email addresses into an email message, BB prompts you with possible matching addresses from your Contacts. As you enter more characters the list of prompted email address gets more refined.

However I have a few contacts with multiple similar email addresses, such that the prompted list of addresses is quite long even after entering 4-5 characters of the address. The length of the list makes it a hassle to scroll down and pick the one you're actually looking for.

Is there a way to change the order in which the prompted email addresses are displayed so that the ones that are most frequently selected appear at the top?

Similarly, if a contact has multiple email addresses in Contacts, is there a way to flag a particular one of the them as being the primary choice when emailing that person?

Thanks in advance
    10-28-13 11:37 AM
    Have you tried typing in contact names instead of email addresses? This might limit the list faster.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:41 AM
    Yes, but in some cases that is even worse.

For example if I type "Dave" then every one of my contacts that matches that criteria is shown, regardless of how frequently I email them. The top 8 listed might be contacts that I rarely message, while the one I frequently message might be way down on the list. And if the "Dave" I'm trying to email has 6 email address then all of those are shown as well. The address I'm trying to send to might be 4-5 screens down on the scroll list.

And when I get to the "Dave" I'm trying to send to, the particular email address I'm trying to use might be the 6th one listed.

In BBOS7 the order that email addresses appeared matched the order they were entered in the Contact's detail information. First email address was the first one displayed.
    10-28-13 11:51 AM
    How many email addresses do you have, and are you syncing contacts on all the accounts?
    10-28-13 03:13 PM
    This has bugged me as well. When I start an email, it doesn't default to my contacts but the contact for every email I have ever received. I have to type my own email address in full when I send myself something a it pulls on address I haven't had in years, but because I have an old email in probably my sent items, it shows up.

Wish there was a setting to only populate addresses from contacts only and not emails.
    10-28-13 03:25 PM
    Type the last name instead. Unless you have 10 Dave Smiths in your contact list

BlackBerry 4 life!
    10-28-13 04:00 PM