Yeah it's normal for the turn by turn audio since the audio passes by Bluetooth, your car needs to be "listening".

Posted via CB10
    True it's normal for Android and BlackBerry I've noticed however iOS allows the turn by turn direction to come across as a phone call and you get the spoken direction over the radio when your listening to FM/Sirius/etc
    08-13-15 09:10 AM
    Why phones are integrating with cars is beyond me.

Your supposed to be driving the car, not answering your phone.

And don't give me that crap of what if it's an emergency.

Check your calls when you've stopped driving.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Hands-free? What's wrong with car integration? You're probably the only one who thinks it's wrong

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:49 AM
    Bluetooth works great with i20 2014 (the old model - maybe one of the last i20s of that generation for very nice price). The only thing that I have problems with is UTF8 support on the car's display. Doesn't show letters with diacritic marks properly. They even list BlackBerry in the compatibility matrix!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:14 AM

I completely agree with phone calls. Even hands free works great, I try to avoid it too. Sometimes it's too distracting (much more than talking to your co-driver). For me it's music over Bluetooth (is there any Deezer compatible in car radio?).

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:17 AM

Turn by turn navigation. Certainly safer than trying to read printed directions if you're in an area you don't know.

Music. Not much different than the radio.

Dictation: I'll often send a message to my wife or clients stating I'm on my way without ever taking my phone out of the holster.

Playing devil's advocate, short calls: there have been times while on the way to a meeting in a different town I've received a call there that the meeting has been delayed or moved to a different location location. Taking a call of less than one minute has helped me save the time of a twenty-five to thirty minute trip that would have been wasted. Obviously road conditions dictate whether to take such a call.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:39 AM
    True it's normal for Android and BlackBerry I've noticed however iOS allows the turn by turn direction to come across as a phone call and you get the spoken direction over the radio when your listening to FM/Sirius/etc
    Guess it depends on the car. Cause when I get a phone call, my radio (FM, Sirius) cuts and there's no way to have both at the same time

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 09:23 AM
    Guess it depends on the car. Cause when I get a phone call, my radio (FM, Sirius) cuts and there's no way to have both at the same time

Posted via CB10
    I believe that is how it is intended to function: on my vehicles (both Fords) , a phone call will override music, as will the built in navigation (not BBMaps).

Even when using the built in navigation, turn by turn voice instructions override the music.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    08-17-15 09:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about phone calls, yes on phone calls it cuts out the music. On iOS when doing the turn by turn navigation it comes across as a phone call and you can hear it on radio, Sirius, etc. Android/BlackBerry does not

The only way to make the voice instructions to override the music is using the bluetooth streaming of the music and not Sirius/FM/CD
    08-17-15 10:53 AM
33 12