Is anyone able to share a video to YouTube using the "Share" functionality?

For me, it launches Google/YouTube site for me to sign into and it gives me an authorization code after I say Allow for the "BlackBerry BB10 YouTube Uploader Application" to manage my account. All it says is to copy the code and switch back to the application to paste it in.... Dilemma: Nothing to switch back to except to press the Cancel button to return to the video.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    02-08-13 03:42 PM
    Nobody can test this and reply with your results? Not everyone returned their Z10's, did they?
    02-09-13 12:19 AM
    So apparently this is something to do with my account being a Google Apps account. I created a test gmail account and that worked fine. Went back to my Google Apps account and it gives me an authorization code instead. Does anyone have any idea what could be the difference causing this or what I could to get it to work with my Google Apps account? I really don't want to have to use a separate account as I already have videos on my current account. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-11-13 08:32 AM
    What I realize is that if your Google account is not a @gmail.com it doesn't work. It is a bug of the Uploader Application that is "listening" the Google feedback of an @gmail.com account. If you login with a @gmail.com it works right away. I hope to receive a patch to it soon.
    02-15-13 12:46 PM
    Sounds about right! I got one of my contacts at BlackBerry to reproduce it and submit a bug report for me. Hopefully it goes through into the first update... we'll see.

What I realize is that if your Google account is not a @gmail.com it doesn't work. It is a bug of the Uploader Application that is "listening" the Google feedback of an @gmail.com account. If you login with a @gmail.com it works right away. I hope to receive a patch to it soon.
    02-15-13 12:52 PM
    Great news. What about the latest leak. Have you tried? I'm still not comfortable installing leaked version. I'm so proud of my phone that I don't see myself with an broken Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:02 PM
    Just tried on the leaked version and it's still broken.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 04:14 PM
    Thanks for your feedback.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:51 PM
    I'm having the same issue as you. I remember I was able to upload files before, it started after the 10.1 update,
    08-20-13 09:19 AM
    What is the app for uploading?
    10-11-20 02:15 AM
    What is the app for uploading?
    There is no special app for uploading on BlackBerry OS10 devices, this option is part of the OS it's making use of the "share" option.
    But this is a long time ago, in the meantime Google changed some of their protocols and since that time it is nolonger possible to upload direct from the phone.

You may noticed that this thread is a very old one so much did chance since than. This is a dead thread.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    10-11-20 08:21 AM
    There is no special app for uploading on BlackBerry OS10 devices, this option is part of the OS it's making use of the "share" option.
    But this is a long time ago, in the meantime Google changed some of their protocols and since that time it is nolonger possible to upload direct from the phone.

You may noticed that this thread is a very old one so much did chance since than. This is a dead thread.

I just tried it, I got an access token. Used their internal link to get to google bookmarks within the video player gui.The code looks like something for open graph or sharing into a form. I bet it works somewhere or has the referer information.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-20 11:57 AM
    I just tried it, I got an access token. Used their internal link to get to google bookmarks within the video player gui.The code looks like something for open graph or sharing into a form. I bet it works somewhere or has the referer information.

Posted via CB10
    Would be really nice to get that sharing from a BlackBerry device to YT working again.

My last attempt did bring me to Google YT device confirmation sort of access console, which I could get to recognise my BlackBerry but couldn't give permission to the Google account to be accepted.

10-11-20 12:11 PM
    Would be really nice to get that sharing from a BlackBerry device to YT working again.

My last attempt did bring me to Google YT device confirmation sort of access console, which I could get to recognise my BlackBerry but couldn't give permission to the Google account to be accepted.

There is a web api for the devices webkit that might enable sharing but it's not standard.
    For instance, chrome enables a user to register gmail website a handler for the mailto protocol.

This is a quick example of the permission request, it requires TLS 1.2 and saves a custom origin with trust into the browser.
    https://cdpn.io/RJLeyra/debug/qBOMzyG

Google scripts has access to the youtube api as well. It claims to allow 'POST', 'LIST','DELETE' etc..

I wonder if a client or form could be configured for bb10 through a web interface.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-11-20 at 01:22 PM.
    10-11-20 12:26 PM