In the Calendar app, I have disabled showing all calendars except for one. Yet above my messages in Hub, appointments from those other calendars still show.

In the Calendar app, I have declined an appointment for today and it is gone from my calendar in the app. Yet above my messages in the Hub, that appointment still shows.

In the Calendar app, I have disabled showing Facebook calendar items (like birthdays). Yet above my messages in Hub, birthdays still show.

Like Contacts, Calendars are implemented in a shockingly poor fashion in BB10. This is using 10.2.0 (Rogers CN) on my unlocked factory direct Z10 on TMO USA.

It is truly surprising how poorly these two key elements of any business device (Contacts & Calendar) are implemented. "Keep Moving" my a$$...
    01-05-14 01:01 PM
    In the Calendar app, I have disabled showing all calendars except for one. Yet above my messages in Hub, appointments from those other calendars still show.

In the Calendar app, I have declined an appointment for today and it is gone from my calendar in the app. Yet above my messages in the Hub, that appointment still shows.

In the Calendar app, I have disabled showing Facebook calendar items (like birthdays). Yet above my messages in Hub, birthdays still show.

Like Contacts, Calendars are implemented in a shockingly poor fashion in BB10. This is using 10.2.0 (Rogers CN) on my unlocked factory direct Z10 on TMO USA.

It is truly surprising how poorly these two key elements of any business device (Contacts & Calendar) are implemented. "Keep Moving" my a$$...
    The Calendar app and the Hub are 2 different apps. You can't expect an app's settings to affect an entirely different app. If you want to disable Facebook events on your device, you have to do it from the Facebook account (Settings > Accounts).
    Also, The Hub shows you the next appointment even if you haven't accepted the invite yet or you have rejected it. That's how it's supposed to work. It's not a replacement for your Calendar app. It's there so you don't forget about your next appointment (accepted or not). You don't have to use it if you find it confusing, it's completely hidden. I love it though!

Regarding contacts, I agree there is one limitation currently: you can't specify what account to use when adding a new contact.

You also said on a different thread that you don't know how to add participants to a meeting and how to change the account when adding an event. Hope these 2 screenshots will help.
    Can't Control Calendar Items Showing in Hub-img_20140105_203555.png
    Can't Control Calendar Items Showing in Hub-img_20140105_203535.png
    01-05-14 02:37 PM
    Again, you CANNOT add participants to a meeting when using Gmail on Exchange ActiveSync:

Can't Control Calendar Items Showing in Hub-img_00000056.png
    01-05-14 02:43 PM
    The Calendar app and the Hub are 2 different apps. You can't expect an app's settings to affect an entirely different app. If you want to disable Facebook events on your device, you have to do it from the Facebook account (Settings > Accounts).
    I can expect that if I select to not show items from a calendar (chose to hide it in Calendar app), IT SHOULD NOT SHOW IN HUB. If I choose not to see it, I don't want to see it. Anywhere. It should at least me an option in Hub management.
    01-05-14 02:44 PM
    This is a hub issue, not a Calendar issue. Perhaps it's coming in an update.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 02:52 PM
    I can expect that if I select to not show items from a calendar (chose to hide it in Calendar app), IT SHOULD NOT SHOW IN HUB. If I choose not to see it, I don't want to see it. Anywhere. It should at least me an option in Hub management.
    Umm, no. The Calendar doesn't have control over the Hub. The accounts do. Both the Hub and the Calendar use the same data. That data can be filtered from the account settings.

Just to give you an example, if you disable an account tab in the Contacts app, those contacts will still be available in other apps. But if you want this to be a system wide setting, you will have to disable contact sync on that account. It's logical.
    Last edited by TheoRadu; 01-05-14 at 03:19 PM.
    01-05-14 02:58 PM
    Again, you CANNOT add participants to a meeting when using Gmail on Exchange ActiveSync:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000056.png 
Views:	612 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	236278
    Have you tried doing this on a different device using the same account? It could be a config issue on the Gmail account.
    01-05-14 03:02 PM
    It's not a BB10 or Gmail issue. Must be an Exchange issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:04 PM
    It's not a BB10 or Gmail issue. Must be an Exchange issue.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's possible. Do you use Gmail on Exchange?
    01-05-14 03:06 PM
    I don't use Exchange.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:10 PM
    Umm, no. The Calendar doesn't have control over the Hub. The accounts do. Both the Hub and the Calendar use the same data. That data can be filtered from the account settings.

Just to give you an example, if you disable an account tab in the Contacts app, those contacts will still be available in other apps. But if you want this to be a system wide setting, you will have to disable contact sync on that account. It's logical.
    Ah, so I should disable calendar in the Account settings I don't want it to show... that works I think.

Still should be able to hide it in Hub!
    southlander likes this.
    01-05-14 03:32 PM
    This is a hub issue, not a Calendar issue. Perhaps it's coming in an update.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever. It's a BB10 issue.
    01-05-14 03:32 PM
    Have you tried doing this on a different device using the same account? It could be a config issue on the Gmail account.
    Yes, my Q10. Same thing.
    01-05-14 03:33 PM
    Yes, it's possible. Do you use Gmail on Exchange?
    It's a limitation of BB10 with Exchange accounts. iPhones have no issue with this using Exchange. Stop passing the buck.
    01-05-14 03:33 PM
    Disabled sync on the unwanted Calendar (also Exchange). Got it out of Hub. But Hub still needs work.

However, how do I disable sync on my unwanted IMAP Yahoo calendar? I can only "Delete All" (email, calendar and contacts), not just one.
    01-05-14 03:37 PM
    What work does the Hub still need?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:42 PM
    What work does the Hub still need?

Posted via CB10
    Ability to NOT show events from certain calendars without ending the syncing relationships with these calendars. Like the Calendar app can do in "Manage".

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    01-05-14 03:48 PM
    Yes, my Q10. Same thing.
    I meant a non BlackBerry device. Because it might not be a BlackBerry 10 issue.
    01-05-14 03:58 PM
    It's a limitation of BB10 with Exchange accounts. iPhones have no issue with this using Exchange. Stop passing the buck.
    Not true. I have 2 Exchange accounts (Outlook and a company email) on my BlackBerry and as you can see from the screenshots I can add participants to meetings.
    01-05-14 04:00 PM
    Disabled sync on the unwanted Calendar (also Exchange). Got it out of Hub. But Hub still needs work.

However, how do I disable sync on my unwanted IMAP Yahoo calendar? I can only "Delete All" (email, calendar and contacts), not just one.
    Here.
    Can't Control Calendar Items Showing in Hub-img_20140105_220949.png
    01-05-14 04:21 PM
    Ability to NOT show events from certain calendars without ending the syncing relationships with these calendars. Like the Calendar app can do in "Manage".

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    I really don't understand why you are so upset about this. If you don't like how this totally optional feature works, just don't use it. It's completely hidden.
    01-05-14 04:24 PM
    I meant a non BlackBerry device. Because it might not be a BlackBerry 10 issue.
    Works find on iPad.
    01-05-14 04:43 PM
    Not true. I have 2 Exchange accounts (Outlook and a company email) on my BlackBerry and as you can see from the screenshots I can add participants to meetings.
    OK, BB10 with Gmail EAS issue.
    01-05-14 04:44 PM
    Here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140105_220949.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	236301
    Now what? Now remove the calendar ONLY. I bet you can't.
    01-05-14 04:44 PM
    I really don't understand why you are so upset about this. If you don't like how this totally optional feature works, just don't use it. It's completely hidden.
    I don't understand. What is hidden??? Again, I have a calendar that I do NOT want to appear in Hub. I have it turned off in the Calendar app (under "Manage"). How do I stop it from showing in Hub?
    01-05-14 04:45 PM
54 123