Have any of you got this in your device/downloads folder?

Cannot delete files.-img_20140711_091604.png

They appear to be temp files but I cant seem to delete them.

I get a "permission denied" error

Cannot delete files.-img_20140711_091805.png

The files total up to a 100 over MBs so id like to know if anyone has managed to delete them without wiping the device.

Differentiate or Die
    07-10-14 08:19 PM
    The app that generated them might still be running in the background. Try task manager (BBWorld) to close the apps, or even delete the apps you don't need.
    Some android apps add files that can't be deleted but are removed when uninstalled.
    Are the files android related?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    thorwiki likes this.
    07-10-14 08:44 PM
    Yes, i got that too. I once was able to delete them but i don't remember exactly how i have done that. I think i deleted that via connecting to my pc.

Edit: Sorry, that was not the case. I just tried connecting to my pc to delete these files but the .temp files don't even show up on the pc. I think i had done the security wipe before. Unfortunately, maybe that's the only way to delete these files?
    Last edited by Faizan Syed; 07-10-14 at 09:21 PM.
    07-10-14 08:48 PM
    The app that generated them might still be running in the background. Try task manager (BBWorld) to close the apps, or even delete the apps you don't need.
    Some android apps add files that can't be deleted but are removed when uninstalled.
    Are the files android related?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Thats a great suggestion thanks very much yes they are probably android app related.

But this is yet another reason not to use android apps, cant stand the mess.

Differentiate or Die
    07-10-14 09:15 PM
    Ghost commander in BBW I use it

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    Ahmad Aleid and boryagin like this.
    07-10-14 09:20 PM

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    I tried Ghost Commander on BlackBerry Passport and it worked! thats exactly what I was looking for - thanks!
    moegh likes this.
    10-26-14 05:47 AM
    OI File Manager...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    10-26-14 06:00 AM
    I don't think OI File Manager will help and the person above didn't provide a link but here it is on Google Play :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emanager&hl=en

If you don't like dealing with the BS of Google here is another trusted link from APK4FUN :

http://www.apk4fun.com/files/1005/

Good luck..

Some Android browsers store net data in temp files. If your running a Android browser on your phone. Go open it and clear all personal data generally in configuration and the files may remove themselves. Same deal with other Android games and apps. Clear all the Cache may remove them too.
    Kitkat and above gave Android app developers the option to lock configuration and personal data files. That way the user could upgrade the app and keep all settings etc. Good idea but some Android developer needs to figure out a way with a app to force delete them. Skype for Android will lock a configuration file that Skype won't even remove and the only way to get rid of it is to root wipe the phone.

Same thing peeves me off about Android and even Blackberry developers have the power in the app to block permissions from being blocked by ghosting the option. It's my dang phone, I paid for it and should have Owner God Power. It should be our choice to select and change any dang option or part we want. Off my soap box now. :-) Again.. Good Luck. Be sure to keep us posted..

Akawarrior..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-14 10:32 AM
    If the files are on your media card it might be set to read only. I recently installed a 64GB Transend and now I'm unable to delete or move files.

Z30)++
    10-26-14 10:59 AM
    I guess you used Snap. And didn't manage to download completely one of your app. "qt_temp.xxx" files are not log files from QT here, but temporary download from Snap that didn't succeed. It's my guess here.
    To validate this pure assumption : Start by clearing the cache in Snap settings, restart your phone, and I bet you will be able to delete them then
    10-26-14 01:02 PM
    In 10.2.1 there seems to be a bug in the file manager app. After a restart files on the media card are read/write, but when you try to move them you get "file system error" and files switch to read only until you restart the phone.

Z30)++
    10-26-14 03:42 PM

Q5-10.3.0.296/441(radio)
    I was successful in deleting those weird qt_temp files with this app. But I could not delete a folder for Rdio that won't leave

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    10-26-14 03:47 PM
    [QUOTE=akawarrior;11013957]I don't think OI File Manager will help and the person above didn't provide a link but here it is on Google Play :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emanager&hl=en

My bad...
    Or still the OI File Manager from BBWorld...

#mypostcountwon'tletmesharethelink

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    Last edited by VIP30; 10-26-14 at 06:35 PM.
    10-26-14 06:21 PM
    Any android file manager will work, I use ZArchiver . When a download fails on my browser it leaves a temp file that can't be deleted, just like the ones in the screen shots above. I just go into ZArchiver and delete it

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418
    10-26-14 07:27 PM
    Else SSH into the device and rm -f the offending files.
    10-26-14 10:39 PM
    Just wanted to bring this one up again..

I'm having the same issue as the original poster but I'm getting a temporary *.jpg file that's read-only and stuck in my /downloads folder. Naturally, I went to my File Manager on my PC to try to change the permissions and delete the file, but as another poster said, these files don't even show up as hidden on my computer.

Not a big deal but I'm picky about stuff and always seeing this useless temp file in my downloads folder is but a little annoying. I really don't have any apps running so I'll have to dig around to find the source of this temp file. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in!
    12-18-14 02:36 PM
    Just wanted to bring this one up again..

I'm having the same issue as the original poster but I'm getting a temporary *.jpg file that's read-only and stuck in my /downloads folder. Naturally, I went to my File Manager on my PC to try to change the permissions and delete the file, but as another poster said, these files don't even show up as hidden on my computer.

Not a big deal but I'm picky about stuff and always seeing this useless temp file in my downloads folder is but a little annoying. I really don't have any apps running so I'll have to dig around to find the source of this temp file. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in!
    So to provide an update, to Ghost Commander. I believe my temp JPG file was stuck in my downloads folder during a botched browser download. I downloaded Ghost Commander in seconds for free from BlackBerry World and it worked like a charm.
    12-18-14 08:47 PM
    I just went through this frustrating experience after I downloaded some jpg files from Google Image. I had the white icon, size 0, read only in my Device Downloads folder. I couldn't delete it, couldn't rename it, and couldn't move it. Restarting or taking the battery out didn't help. Still the same - permission was denied. Here's how I got rid of it.

I went back to Google Image and downloaded another image. When it first downloads, it goes to a separate screen of downloads. I noticed that there were a lot of old downloads on that screen and when I clicked on them, on most of them it would say "Sorry this download no longer exists on your device." I started to highlight and select these long-gone downloads by pressing and holding to select them and then tapping the trash can. There were a lot of them, and that's when I noticed the trash can icon at the bottom of this screen. It was the option to "clear all downloads." I pressed it, and they were all gone. When I went back to File Manager to the Downloads folder the pesky file that I couldn't alter or delete was gone! I recommend this method. (If you need some of the downloads, you don't have to use "clear all." You can clear/delete them individually, but "clear all" is fastest.)
    01-18-15 02:14 PM
    Hi,

ES File Explorer may help you to remove files.
    Here you can read about and download it: ES File Explorer File Manager apk - Apkgator.com

Hope to hear good news
    02-12-15 06:30 AM
    yup, use a file explorer program, should let you delete
    02-12-15 06:55 PM
    I deleted using Blackberry Blend

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:16 PM
    Ghost Commander worked for me like Magic. Thats why I love Internet. U see people with same problem with you and with their suggestions, tar-rrang - ur done!
    03-06-15 12:07 PM