Are you able to hide a number that a friend used to have and kind of amalgamate the messages within the old number and the new number so I don't lose the old messages?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 05:54 PM
    I'm assuming you mean Text Messages. No you can't retroactively amalgamate texts from multiple numbers.

I'm still not sure I exactly get your meaning by "hide the number" though. Basically you want it to look like a text chat came from a different number than the true number?
    Maybe if you explain why that would be helpful.
    05-21-14 06:25 PM
    Not quite sure I understand but if you go into contacts and change the old number for the new number you should receive the new messages in the same chat that you used to receive the old one. That used to work when I had BBOS never tried it on Bb10

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-21-14 06:28 PM
    Ya so how I was thinking the amalgamation would have been done was you would keep the old number and the new one and just combine the messages together and then hide the old number from the contact list.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:33 PM
    What happens if you just add their new number as their mobile, and change their old number to "other" or "work".

Does it still maintain two different sms threads or does it list them together under the contact's name?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:40 PM
    Ya so how I was thinking the amalgamation would have been done was you would keep the old number and the new one and just combine the messages together and then hide the old number from the contact list.
    I'd say you should try the suggestion from the post right above yours:

Not quite sure I understand but if you go into contacts and change the old number for the new number you should receive the new messages in the same chat that you used to receive the old one. That used to work when I had BBOS never tried it on Bb10
    05-21-14 06:41 PM
    What happens if you just add their new number as their mobile, and change their old number to "other" or "work".

Does it still maintain two different sms threads or does it list them together under the contact's name?
    It should give you two separate chats, but I haven't tried. The label of Mobile vs Home, Work, etc, is just that: a label. Hence the option in Contacts to Text to various phone number types.
    05-21-14 06:43 PM
    Ya I did do that and it separates them into two separate conversations. Ya I'll probably just keep on doing that.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 07:26 PM
    Of one is your friend's old number which he's not using anymore, why would you wanna keep it? Why trying to hide instead of just deleting it? Do you fear the text massages will disappear when you delete the number?

Tapatalked with amazing Q10
    05-22-14 03:33 AM
    Ya I'd like to save some of my texts that I have had between myself and my friend after they have changed their number.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:38 PM
    When you delete the number it still shows the messages. It's just not in the same conversation.

Tapatalked with amazing Q10
    05-23-14 01:44 PM