When I send myself an email, and put myself in the "to" section when typing my name, it populates roughly 30+ contacts, and only 2 of them are in my Address Book. Some email addresses for me are ones I haven't used in 8+ years, and they are absolutely not in my Address Book.

I have a feeling that when I set my Gmail to sync Forever, for whatever genius reason, OS 10 decided to index those emails and look for hyperlink mailto: to try and be intuitive for the end user.

However that is not the case, and I'm stuck scrolling down 30 email addresses until I find the one I'm looking for: ME:

Does anyone know where OS10 pulls the index for contacts from? Would love to clear it out and set my gmail account back to 90 days so it doesn't pull all that other crap it shouldnt.

Posted via CB 10 on 10.1.0.1720
    09-13-13 04:36 PM
    Have you tried deleting your gmail account and readding with the 90 day setting.

In my experience BB10 is indexing your sent and received emails it does put your most sent to contacts at the top. A trick that may work is add yourself as a contact, for example I have a contact "home" that has my personal email and home phone number. So when I type home it pulls up my email address to select, might narrow down the selections, or get more creative with the contact like XXXX.

As I said above short of deleting and readding your accounts I think you would be looking at a device wipe.
    09-13-13 05:49 PM
    Have you tried deleting your gmail account and readding with the 90 day setting.

In my experience BB10 is indexing your sent and received emails it does put your most sent to contacts at the top. A trick that may work is add yourself as a contact, for example I have a contact "home" that has my personal email and home phone number. So when I type home it pulls up my email address to select, might narrow down the selections, or get more creative with the contact like XXXX.

As I said above short of deleting and readding your accounts I think you would be looking at a device wipe.
    I completely removed my gmail account, and the indexed contacts from 7 years of gmail stayed in there. So annoying.

Device wipe indeed.

Posted via CB 10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-13-13 07:16 PM

Oh and I did add myself as a contact. That's the problem. I type "James La..." and every email account I've ever had, used been sent an email from that had a version of my name in it (ex; kindle upload), populates. So frickin' annoying.

I got creative (or so I thought), and created a contact named "Gmail" with my personal email as the only thing in it. What does this stupid OS do?? Populate EVERYONE with a gmail address. The contact function should search for NAMES not EMAIL ADDRESSES.

I'm so annoyed that I'm past my 30 day return at T-Mobile and traded in my last 4 BB's for it. Piece of junk phone. Why don't you work like every other mobile computing platform on the market when it comes to simple PIM functionality!!!!!!

09-13-13 07:20 PM
    You should've created a contact named "myself" or something, just saying.

Because that's what a good OS should do. You can filter by email provider that way (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc)

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-13-13 07:53 PM
    You should've created a contact named "myself" or something, just saying.

Because that's what a good OS should do. You can filter by email provider that way (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc)

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    iOS, Os X, windows mobile, and android do not search email addresses, they search first ands last name, and company.

09-13-13 08:37 PM
    Personally I prefer the was BB10 does this, makes it much easier for me to not have to store EVERY email address I might need to use as a contact. It really is about how you use your device, BTW my "home" suggestion was in use before BB10 just to point out that it wasn't a solution to your problem, but how I have learned to use my mobile devices when syncing across oh so many devices and the web.
    09-13-13 09:15 PM
    See that's counterintuitive to me. I don't need my Blackberry to suggest my college email from 2002 when typing an email to myself. Also, I would think you SHOULD add every email address in the event of a disaster, your PIM info would be synced to the cloud.

Personally I prefer the was BB10 does this, makes it much easier for me to not have to store EVERY email address I might need to use as a contact. It really is about how you use your device, BTW my "home" suggestion was in use before BB10 just to point out that it wasn't a solution to your problem, but how I have learned to use my mobile devices when syncing across oh so many devices and the web.
    09-13-13 09:36 PM