nokia lumia gt it . can we expect rim to surprise us with a wireless charger
    01-19-13 01:39 AM
    I sure hope so. I thought it was rumored to have it, I haven't followed it closely enough to know more
    01-19-13 01:42 AM
    Well, the leaked pics don't seem to show any charging contacts at all. We can only hope!
    01-19-13 02:00 AM
    You can expect it......

But you won't get it, lol.
    01-19-13 02:42 AM
    ^^^this^^^^
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-19-13 09:15 AM
    You can expect it......

But you won't get it, lol.
    01-19-13 09:18 AM
    well rim can give us a surprise . who knows whats in store for us
    01-19-13 10:20 AM
    Nope...................
    01-19-13 10:26 AM
    ^^^^^this^^^^^
    01-19-13 10:38 AM
    does wireless charging waste more energy? it seems unenvironmentally friendly if it does.
    01-19-13 11:07 AM
    no don't want wireless charging..
    01-19-13 11:15 AM
    Personally, I would rather see charging contacts or the playbook magnetic connector rather than wireless charging since they offer much clearer benefits than not having to plug in a device to charge it.
    kojita likes this.
    01-19-13 11:19 AM
    nokia lumia gt it . can we expect rim to surprise us with a wireless charger
    No, that thing is pointless. If your battery is about to run out and you get a call how do you charge it and answer the phone at the same time? Are you supposed to take it off charge every time you need to use it?

My opinion: pointless.
    z1nsane, BergerKing and eddy_berry like this.
    01-19-13 11:20 AM
    No, that thing is pointless. If your battery is about to run out and you get a call how do you charge it and answer the phone at the same time? Are you supposed to take it off charge every time you need to use it?

Excellent point. I agree with this. Just another one of those oh so cool yet absolutely pointless things everybody wants because somebody's got it. It would make the device more expensive with little to no benefit.
    01-19-13 11:35 AM
    I do believe we have seen the set with a standard microUSB charging port, which is also necessary for connection to a computer, so I don't expect them to deviate from the standard, at this point, or soon.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    01-19-13 11:39 AM

i disagree. sometimes we can be lazy and find it cumbersome to plug the cable in to charge. with wireless charging, it just rest the phone on the charger when not in use and it will never run out of juice.

also, a great nighttime accessory for those of us who like to charge our phones at night and use it occasionally when we get up to check the time. reply emails etc.

hopefully that is a glimpse into the future.. i would love to see tables at a cafe doubling as huge wireless charging docks for our devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BBMak likes this.
    01-19-13 11:48 AM
    Personally, I would rather see charging contacts or the playbook magnetic connector rather than wireless charging since they offer much clearer benefits than not having to plug in a device to charge it.
    +1 on charging contacts so it can be placed on a dock.
    01-19-13 12:08 PM
    i disagree. sometimes we can be lazy and find it cumbersome to plug the cable in to charge. with wireless charging, it just rest the phone on the charger when not in use and it will never run out of juice.

also, a great nighttime accessory for those of us who like to charge our phones at night and use it occasionally when we get up to check the time. reply emails etc.

hopefully that is a glimpse into the future.. i would love to see tables at a cafe doubling as huge wireless charging docks for our devices.

What you describe sounds more like a charging cradle, much more useful on the bedside table then a mat to rest your phone on. Oh, and don't you think coffee is expensive enough? Lol, if they get charging tables watch your coffee price rise.
    BergerKing and jakie55 like this.
    01-19-13 12:20 PM
    Well, I also find wireless charging great and I'd love to have it. If it's useless for someone, it doesn't mean than it useless for everybody.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    austriker likes this.
    01-19-13 01:01 PM
    Excellent point. I agree with this. Just another one of those oh so cool yet absolutely pointless things everybody wants because somebody's got it. It would make the device more expensive with little to no benefit.
    Not really. If you could just lay your phone on your desk while you were at work and it would charge, or your car had a charging station built in (Toyota is doing this) then your phone would stay charged longer and easier.

Plus, buying a JBL PowerUp speaker would make sense. While you play music the phone could charge. Very cool and something I personally would use.
    01-19-13 01:16 PM
    Not really. If you could just lay your phone on your desk while you were at work and it would charge, or your car had a charging station built in (Toyota is doing this) then your phone would stay charged longer and easier.

Plus, buying a JBL PowerUp speaker would make sense. While you play music the phone could charge. Very cool and something I personally would use.
    Ok that's cool and all but you would have to have these everywhere for it to be useful. That means you would need a charging station everywhere you go just for it to be viable. Maybe one day it will be really useful but right now it is just a luxury. I'm sure if you wanted something like the JBL speaker (which is a nice idea I guess) you would have to buy the charge piece separately for any and each device that doesn't have it built in. How many devices have it built in right now? I'm curious.

Another note: Yes this is easier for charging. But your comparing laying your phone down on a special pad vs. plugging in a wall charger. You save yourself... what? a few seconds perhaps?
    01-19-13 03:18 PM

Yes so lazy... can't... reach... charger...

It will be something in the future I am sure. But it doesn't need to be built in right now it makes no sense. If you want it badly hopefully some company like duracell will make an adaptor to use with their charge pads and you can go spend your money on that.
    01-19-13 03:24 PM
    What I want is true wireless charging. The term has been hijacked and lost it's real meaning. Wireless charging is like entering a room and suddenly your device is being charged. I'm surprised none of this was demoed again this year at CES 2013. I really hope it wasn't snuffed out....
    austriker likes this.
    01-19-13 04:38 PM
    This will be a standard in ten years,right now it isn't very useful and widespread enough to be a must have for a platform launch.
    01-19-13 08:48 PM
    Doesn't this go in "news and rumours" not in "blackberry 10 OS"?

I'd love wireless charging and NFC sync / backup.
    01-19-13 09:00 PM
29 12