every time a new ios comes theres a crack that makes all apps free , can some hw a crack for bb 10 devices come
    01-17-13 05:58 AM
    I wouldn't count on it, if you want good apps, paying for it is how developers make a living.
    01-17-13 06:12 AM
    I have heard of these types of unethical practices. Hope there isnt one for BB10. After all we want more developers to come to BB10. If their apps gets stolen then why would they come?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    peter9477 likes this.
    How convenient it may be for you as a user, you should think about what it does for app developers. The apps that you want to "crack" are developed by someone who has invested a lot of time and creativity in the app. Downloading a cracked app and never buying it is like flippin' the bird in the developer's face. There are lots of "lite" or "free" versions of apps that allow you to see how the app works, so you can buy it if you like it. Please appreciate the apps, because if everyone would stop buying apps, you might not see them back in the future.
    I have heard of these types of unethical practices. Hope there isnt one for BB10. After all we want more developers to come to BB10. If their apps gets stolen then why would they come?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Yet they are still there in iOS and Android, go figure that doesn't turn them off from those platforms
    01-17-13 06:22 AM
    Ethics aside, there is a difference in design between a company that does not care about security (Apple, Android(Google)) and a company that does (Microsoft, RIM). Developers for iOS and Android understand there apps are subject to theft but accept that. Devs on BB and MS expect to be paid.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-17-13 06:28 AM
    Ethics aside, there is a difference in design between a company that does not care about security (Apple, Android(Google)) and a company that does (Microsoft, RIM). Developers for iOS and Android understand there apps are subject to theft but accept that. Devs on BB and MS expect to be paid.
    jesse_h and peter9477 like this.
    01-17-13 06:32 AM
    every time a new ios comes theres a crack that makes all apps free
    Pirating apps is a surefire way to reduce/kill the development scene on a new, yet-to-be proven platform. If you were a developer, what reward would you get for the hard hours of coding if people were just going to rip off your stuff instead of shelling out the cost of a cup of coffee for your app.

Having worked in software, I've seen the layoffs that can happen when sales don't meet expectations even though the userbase remains high due to illegal piracy
    Sith_Apprentice and peter9477 like this.
    01-17-13 06:41 AM
    I am more than willing to pay for my apps, even at a premium to similar ones found on other platforms as long as they work well. That is a sure-fire way to keep the developer community churning out new apps. I'm lucky in that I have a well-paying job and don't have to think twice about paying 1.99 or 5.99 for an app. Heck, I lose much more than that in a round of golf!
    jesse_h and peter9477 like this.
    01-17-13 07:10 AM
    I am more than willing to pay for my apps, even at a premium to similar ones found on other platforms as long as they work well. That is a sure-fire way to keep the developer community churning out new apps. I'm lucky in that I have a well-paying job and don't have to think twice about paying 1.99 or 5.99 for an app. Heck, I lose much more than that in a round of golf!
    +1...

I get where people are coming from pirating ridiculously priced software like photoshop for $800+ , but cell phone apps.. really? So many are already free.. the vast majority outside that are 1.99 - 5.99 and I think the most expensive one I ever bought was 19.99.. ohh noo.. how will I ever survive???
    01-17-13 07:19 AM
    Chris Wade is working on dingleberry for BB10 but that has nothing to do with free apps
    01-17-13 07:48 AM