I really love my Q10, maybe we can develop our OS and install it on the devices with autoloaders...Maybe, it's a way to don't drop down our BB 10 devices so easily. Please, can we do that
    10-14-15 09:36 PM
    No, that's not going to happen, but fortuneately 10.3.2 is just fine the way it is and you can keep using it for as long as you like.
    10-14-15 09:50 PM
    Bb10 isn't going anywhere because of the need of governments needing these devices and people who need them. Stop panicking

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 10:08 PM
    I really love my Q10, maybe we can develop our OS and install it on the devices with autoloaders...Maybe, it's a way to don't drop down our BB 10 devices so easily. Please, can we do that
    BlackBerry isn't going to hand over all of its signing keys. Without them, you couldn't install your OS on any device.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-14-15 10:13 PM
    B
    Bb10 isn't going anywhere because of the need of governments needing these devices and people who need them. Stop panicking
    BB10 is on its way out. In his recent Code Mobile interview John Chen explained that he needs to support BB10 for a year, maybe two, until he can get the same security certifications for the Priv.

So BB10 will be in maintenance (not development) mode only until he is ready to switch his government and enterprise customers from BB10 to Android.
    10-14-15 11:12 PM
    You really think governments are gonna switch to android. You are deluded

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-14-15 11:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well those governments better put some money on the table then.
    10-14-15 11:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    They will have little choice. Besides, Android and iOS devices managed properly by a BES are quite secure, and will only get better.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-14-15 11:46 PM
    No, that's not going to happen, but fortuneately 10.3.2 is just fine the way it is and you can keep using it for as long as you like.
    It's true but it sure sucks we have to lower our expectations like this.

Damn all of the people who didn't buy into BB10. Damn them all to hell!!!

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, acovey and Sir Reaper like this.
    10-15-15 12:09 AM
    Well those governments better put some money on the table then.
    Agreed.

We'll find out quite soon how much they "need" BB10 then.
    10-15-15 12:21 AM
    John Chen has bet the farm on it, if not for governments, then for key enterprise customers. The reason some organizations don't use Android is because there aren't any existing Android devices with the required security certification. John Chen is planning to get that certification for the Priv, most likely as a BES managed device.

BlackBerry is now mainly a software and services company selling "end to end" security software and services. They are not trying to compete in the consumer phone market.
    10-15-15 12:25 AM
    Well, I certainly can't. And, you know what? I'm going to stop living in the past and be optimistic about the future. If BlackBerry is really shifting entirely to software and then they are going to optimize the heck out of the Android OS and it should have almost everything that we love about BB10 [and more]. And it really wasn't that long ago that we were all crying about what OS7 had that BB10 was missing. But BB10 has come a long way now. And it will continue to work for a long time for those who don't want to make the switch. But, I'm confident that BlackBerry will go a long way with their take on Android as well. And the Priv is the device that I've kind of been waiting for ever since the original Torch so I don't know how I could pass on it.

However, if you CAN develop BB10 further then, by all means, go for it!!! And, do you think that you could give us an update for the PlayBook while you are at it?!
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-15 12:29 AM
    John Chen has bet the farm on it. The reason some organizations don't use Android is because there aren't any existing Android devices with the required security certification. John Chen is planning to get that certification for the Priv, most likely as a BES managed device.

BlackBerry is now mainly a software and services company selling "end to end" security software and services. They are not trying to compete in the consumer phone market.
    You referring to FIPs? Specific Android builds indeed have said certification, and for a while too.
    10-15-15 12:29 AM
    On the off chance that you have the ability to make an entire OS yourself, you'd also know that it would require BlackBerry's approval through their signing keys, which won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:14 AM
    I don't know how many government employees outside of Canada are really using BB10. I suspect that number is very, very small.

I work in regulated industry and we don't offer BB10 phones to our employees as an option because we have internal apps. Most people who work here need one or even a few of those apps to do their jobs.

Now we can buy the Priv. So here is one large business at least that is now a potential customer for BB again. This also improves BES12's chances here as well.
    10-15-15 08:01 AM