The phone is trickle charged which means that when it reaches 100% it will only take a certain amount of power to maintain the charge at 100%. It won't over charge.

Rapid charging batteries heats them up. Heat or vast temperature changes is the biggest battery life span shortener.

Having said that, I am in the UK and for me, the Battery Lover app showed that my PlayBook charger charges my Z30 at the same rate as the one that came with the Z30.

Edit: I now see that you have a Z10

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    My playbook charger doesn't heat up my battery. However, once for no apparent reason (during the random reboot fiasco) my phone was fully charged when I went to bed and when I woke up there was less than 5% left on the battery and it was really hot...my only guess is that it may have been an app. but i don't know which...anyhow, that's for another thread...needless to say, I don't leave it plugged in overnight unless I absolutely have to.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:53 AM
    If you will use Screen Timeout app - you will be able to keep the screen awake as long as you need.
    02-15-14 07:38 AM
    If you will use Screen Timeout app - you will be able to keep the screen awake as long as you need.
    03-23-14 10:22 AM
    Well there you go, I hardly ever leave my phone charging overnight, initially for fear of overcharging the battery and diminishing it's life cycle...
    aside from that I don't usually let my battery fall below 40% but when it does I charge it with my playbook charger and it charges it in about 15min...anyhow, charging it overnight would be a waste of electricity once it's charged, even it is is a few pennies, doing so every night adds up.

Posted via CB10
    You are not going to overcharge it, you cannot. It is better to keep it charged up than to let it discharge completely. Charge it at night. There is no compelling reason not too.
    03-23-14 10:35 AM
    The newer generation of batteries do not need to be broken in and drained. Keeping them plugged in if fully charged is fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 10:51 AM
    The newer generation of batteries do not need to be broken in and drained. Keeping them plugged in if fully charged is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Always charged isn't the best practice, either.

Also, anybody notice this thread was revived by some dev spamming his app?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-23-14 10:57 AM
    Always charged isn't the best practice, either.

Also, anybody notice this thread was revived by some dev spamming his app?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    The mods don't lock dead threads because it promotes conversation. ******** I knew. Ive seen 2 year old dead threads revived with crap

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-23-14 11:05 AM
32 12