- cannot connect to blackberry world (just hanging, black screen, nothing happens - all other internet works well)
    - cannot instal any apps from other sources, too
    - BB blend from my computer cannot communicate with the device, saying it need an update... but, again, the device does not connect the BB world...
    ---
    as far as i can see, all communications are in and instals are allowed etc.

any hints very welcome!
    11-28-15 10:00 AM
    What device are you using? What OS are you on? Have you tried a security wipe?
    11-28-15 10:11 AM
    os x el capitan in my computer
    BB classic, 10.3 newest update done
    security wipe done, didn't help.
    11-28-15 10:23 AM
    just installed play store manually. (via computer.)
    after the installation and a reboot, anyway, it keeps crashing, no connection...
    11-28-15 11:14 AM
    Who is your carrier? Do they require a special service to connect to BlackBerry? BB10 doesn't require it, but some carriers still do. Do you get the BlackBerry logo at the top right of the screen? Have you tried Wi-Fi, do you get the BlackBerry logo when on Wi-Fi? It sounds as if your phone can't connect to the BlackBerry network.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-28-15 11:25 AM
    my mobile service provider is ElisaEE in estonia.
    there is the BB logo.
    i’ve tried both ways, directly with wifi as well as without wifi, just my data service on.
    BB world is just loading…
    11-28-15 11:32 AM
    All is right in Settings > BlackBerry ID ?
    11-28-15 02:04 PM
    yes, BB ID is the same that i use and, when i launch BB link from my computer, i'm also signed in with the same ID.
    ---
    currently, the only way for installing apps is through downloading to computer and then moving to my device.
    like this i got just maps.me, for instance. once installed, it derives all maps already itself. but, it was impossible to instal it via any source in my device directly.
    11-28-15 11:11 PM
    I assume "new" means that it's a new device, never used before ? That's an important info

Did you enable the parental controls once ?
    Go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Parental Controls, if disable, enable it. Then, enable all the phone features. If already enabled, move the corresponding switch back and forth. Then and only then disable the Parental Controls again. Restart the phone.

And, by the way, update your BlackBerry softwares on your Mac. Just download and install the latest release from http://www.blackberry.com/blend (all is included).
    11-29-15 04:42 AM
    yes, thank you very much! the last parental thing worked out to solve the issue.
    BR and case closed.
    12-01-15 04:59 AM