Hallo everybody,

I have own now 3 BB (Q10, 2xQ5, Passport) and have on all of them the following issues which annoys me:
    • - The phone switches itself off if in my pocket an item (e.g. keys) beside the phone is there. This is because the power switch is easily pressed longer than 3 secounds in the pocket by the item and therefore an un-idendent switch off is done
    • - The lock mechanism is not realy safe: If I press the on/off/lock button on top the phone is not really locked and therefore sometimes application are started in the pocket or a call is done.
    • - A sandwich of laptop, passport and windows phone is unlocking the passport accidently and is starting any application

What I want to say is that the OS is the best I have ever had but for new customer it is bad because of these various lock issues. For example my sister has changed to an iPhone because of the lock issues she always had with here Q10.

I have searched for a feedback from Blackberry but there are no support options from Blackberry directly (bought my phone unlocked over Amazone EU). In general the support for customer is really bad except you got your phone from a carrier which is inside of the EU much more seldom these days.

My question: Does nobody else have those issues ?
    07-13-15 05:54 AM
    Set a password or passcode and enable the password lock. No more random unlocking.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 08:46 AM
    I don't think these are 10.3.1 issues. But I don't have the issues you have with my passport or Q.

I have a case on them though. And on my Q I've also disabled swipe to awake

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-13-15 08:57 AM
    I also have this problem on my q10 and it is so frustrating. I push the lock button on the top and put my q10 in my purse and as I walk around, it somehow unlocks and buttons are pressed. I know this because sometimes I am on the phone using the bluetooth and I hear the buttons being pressed and I take out phone and it is unlocked. I have been a BlackBerry user since 2001 and have started to get really disappointed with some of these issues that shouldn't be occurring at all.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:33 PM
    I have tried to set a passcode but with a different issue. Different means that the passcode gets entered more than 5 times and afterwards I have to reset the device and restore it.

I am not using any case because I want to show the product design of blackberry. For my cases are ugly for any phone.
    07-23-15 05:53 AM
    Get a pocket holster. Keeps it protected from scratches and unlocking. Set it to unlock on removal from holster (if you get true BlackBerry version). Or a flip case.
    I have a normal BlackBerry transform case for my z30 and I never have these issues in my pockets. However I wouldn't date put anything in my pocket with my phone besides cloth or paper(money). Keys, coins... etc... always go in left pocket. Phone in right. And always screen against leg with button down.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 
    07-23-15 06:54 AM
    I have tried to set a passcode but with a different issue. Different means that the passcode gets entered more than 5 times and afterwards I have to reset the device and restore it.
    After 5 failed password attempts doesn't it make you enter the word "blackberry"? Surely your pocket can't do that by itself?
    07-23-15 09:58 AM