Hi Guys,

Does anyone else have issues with Device space? I find I get the 'device memory almost out of space' every few hours, yet no matter how many apps/music/photos I delete, I can't clear up enough....

- Does anyone know the directory trees for Deleting old Android APK's once an update is installed? I find whenever I do an update it keeps several versions of the APK, and I want to clear this up
    - Any suggestions of things I can delete?
    - I've checked and Instagram and Whatsapp have been saving duplicate photos, so I've deleted them. I cleared up ~400mb's there alone.
    - Does anyone know the directory structure of BBOS 10? I used to know the directory structure of OS 7 well and was able to clean my device out once ever 2 months

I really appreciate any advice or help on this!
    Thanks

*Edit*
    - Would a restore be better, and can we selectively restore user data?
    04-06-15 07:23 AM
    your best bet would be to reload your OS. The autoloader wipes the device and a selective restore (after you make a full backup) would allow you to replace your android apps and data and native BBW apps as well.

Removing MBs of data from various locations willy nilly might get you in trouble by disabling some apps or functions.

Android apks are on your device memory...so are screen shots
    your best bet would be to reload your OS. The autoloader wipes the device and a selective restore (after you make a full backup) would allow you to replace your android apps and data and native BBW apps as well.

Removing MBs of data from various locations willy nilly might get you in trouble by disabling some apps or functions.

Android apks are on your device memory...so are screen shots
    04-06-15 07:39 AM
    All Android apk's go to device/downloads by default; just move them to an sd card if you want to keep them
    just0 likes this.
    04-06-15 07:40 AM
    Will look for an auto loader as they are faster than running the restore via link.

"Removing MBs of data from various locations willy nilly might get you in trouble by disabling some apps or functions." - This is what i'm trying to avoid by asking if anyone knows the directory structure. I figure it's better to understand where and what is being saved to my phone than having to do a wipe and restore each time.
    04-06-15 07:51 AM
    Check your device monitor.
    There are apps eating way too much storage space than they should.

Can I get some advice on clearing up space on BB and cleaning Android files?-img_20150406_225633.png

Posted via CB10
    just0 likes this.
    04-06-15 09:57 AM
    Try clean master, via snap

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 09:59 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions... Um, but I didn't really pick a best answer, so not sure how one was selected...

I did the auto but all of the app data came back with the restore. So I guess I'm going to have to just wipe it clean and re download all the apps one by one. Will research the selective restore, as it doesn't give me the ability to restore specific items like txts or emails.

If any one knows how the directory structure works, this tread is still open
    04-21-15 10:08 PM
    You can get 3rd party backups like backup pro so that. You can restore messages and such and not worry about having to restore using link!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:01 AM
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone else have issues with Device space? I find I get the 'device memory almost out of space' every few hours, yet no matter how many apps/music/photos I delete, I can't clear up enough....

- Does anyone know the directory trees for Deleting old Android APK's once an update is installed? I find whenever I do an update it keeps several versions of the APK, and I want to clear this up
    - Any suggestions of things I can delete?
    - I've checked and Instagram and Whatsapp have been saving duplicate photos, so I've deleted them. I cleared up ~400mb's there alone.
    - Does anyone know the directory structure of BBOS 10? I used to know the directory structure of OS 7 well and was able to clean my device out once ever 2 months

I really appreciate any advice or help on this!
    Thanks

*Edit*
    - Would a restore be better, and can we selectively restore user data?
    I thought you are low on device memory, not device storage space. If this is the case, you have too many apps running in background. I'd look at the Memory section in Device Monitor to see which is running in the background and start closing/deleting the ones that you don't use. Some android apps running in the background are not listed in Memory. You'll need a android app manager (e.g. Advanced Task Killer) to rat them out and close them. Beware some android apps keep coming back. You'll need to kill them again and again or delete them altogether if they become too annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:55 PM
    All Android apk's go to device/downloads by default; just move them to an sd card if you want to keep them
    Can you delete apk files without deleting apps?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 08:07 PM
    I recently installed avast cleanup (android app). It runs great, I'm impressed so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:23 PM
    You killed that Android task and something is still left running. I know you swore it was gone, and then it mysteriously showed up again somewhere, chances are in won't show up on the device monitor. And that is the beauty of Android.
    07-06-15 09:39 PM
    I thought you are low on device memory, not device storage space. If this is the case, you have too many apps running in background. I'd look at the Memory section in Device Monitor to see which is running in the background and start closing/deleting the ones that you don't use. Some android apps running in the background are not listed in Memory. You'll need a android app manager (e.g. Advanced Task Killer) to rat them out and close them. Beware some android apps keep coming back. You'll need to kill them again and again or delete them altogether if they become too annoying.

Posted via CB10
    True, I use Taskmanager and found some very tenacious android apps that kept running in the background and eating memory that Device Monitor never picked up. I finally got fed up with them and deleted all Android apps on my phone. Smoother running, better battery life and much less memory leaks. I found I didn't need them anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:53 AM
    Can you delete apk files without deleting apps?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2339
    Yes, you can delete the downloaded apk. I keep them, however, for archiving in case an upgraded app fails to work as expected. That way I can go back to the last known working one.
    07-07-15 08:11 AM
    Yes, you can delete the downloaded apk. I keep them, however, for archiving in case an upgraded app fails to work as expected. That way I can go back to the last known working one.
    thanks....by moving my apk files to my SD card i freed up nearly a gig of space on my Z30. Appreciate your prompt answer.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-07-15 12:15 PM