Hi. I have a friend that lost their bb in the snow last week and has bought a z10. He had always backed up his old bb on his PC using BlackBerry desktop manager. Is there a way to get the contacts from his pc that he used to back up his bb onto his new z10?

Thx crackberry nation
    02-11-13 06:36 PM
    Hi. I have a friend that lost their bb in the snow last week and has bought a z10. He had always backed up his old bb on his PC using BlackBerry desktop manager. Is there a way to get the contacts from his pc that he used to back up his bb onto his new z10?

Thx crackberry nation
    Yes, he should be able to do this using BlackBerry Link, which replaces BlackBerry Desktop when used with BlackBerry 10 devices.

Please follow BlackBerry's instructions here: KB33322-How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10

If anything appears wrong, right after transfer, some databases (for different people, it might be calendars, contact groups or text messages) might be causing a problem. If this happens, please don't start using the device yet. Please wipe and reload skipping the failing databases. If you don't, you might end up with bigger problems (see complaints on the forums). Instructions on this are here: KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device

Please download the latest version of BlackBerry Link and install it first (per BlackBerry, you do not need to uninstall BlackBerry Desktop but some users recommend it).

Good luck.
    02-11-13 07:25 PM