- CrackBerry User
- 76 Posts
Can contacts saved on PC using bb desktop mngr be transfered to z10?
Hi. I have a friend that lost their bb in the snow last week and has bought a z10. He had always backed up his old bb on his PC using BlackBerry desktop manager. Is there a way to get the contacts from his pc that he used to back up his bb onto his new z10?
Thx crackberry nation
- CrackBerry Addict
02-11-2013, 07:25 PM #2
- 808 Posts
Please follow BlackBerry's instructions here: KB33322-How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10
If anything appears wrong, right after transfer, some databases (for different people, it might be calendars, contact groups or text messages) might be causing a problem. If this happens, please don't start using the device yet. Please wipe and reload skipping the failing databases. If you don't, you might end up with bigger problems (see complaints on the forums). Instructions on this are here: KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device
Please download the latest version of BlackBerry Link and install it first (per BlackBerry, you do not need to uninstall BlackBerry Desktop but some users recommend it).
- By boris_shu in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 21Last Post: 07-25-2011, 09:04 PM
- By boris_shu in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 23Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
- By trailblazen in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 6Last Post: 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
- By trailblazen in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 6Last Post: 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
- By Casper TFG in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-23-2009, 04:12 PM