I would like some education on this. Now that BlackBerry has handed over their hardware business over to "Co-Packers" and I remember Mr. Chen saying that "now we don't have to pay for it to make it" in one of those videos posted on the front page. Shouldn't it be easier for them to add the BB10 software into some of those future devices being outsourced or is there way more to it?

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    09-30-16 05:22 PM
    Shouldn't it be easier for them to add the BB10 software into some of those future devices being outsourced or is there way more to it?
    There's way more to it. Least of which, BlackBerry caring about the ongoing existence of BlackBerry 10. That also assumes someone would even want to license BlackBerry 10 from them.
    09-30-16 05:26 PM
    I'm actually quite excited by the news, having thought before that it would be good if another company takes over the manufacture of PKB devices. Can we see someone start making the classic Bolds as well as Q10, Q5 and all the other greats
    09-30-16 05:35 PM
    They still have to maintain the software even with the outsourcing of the hardware....those 5 guys still on the bb10 team are praying that no one wants bb10 lol
    09-30-16 06:54 PM
    It is easier to a certain extend, which solves part of the problem.

The main problem in the long run is enabling a thriving application ecosystem...

The ability to run Android on BB10 should have solved that problem...I still wonder why it didn't...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-01-16 02:01 AM
    I'm actually quite excited by the news, having thought before that it would be good if another company takes over the manufacture of PKB devices. Can we see someone start making the classic Bolds as well as Q10, Q5 and all the other greats
    If they do it will be Asian junk .
    10-01-16 06:04 AM
    If they do it will be Asian junk .
    Like the iPhone junk? Samsung junk? Japanese junk? Any pretty much most of the electrical appliances junk?

Ok...very stereotypical of you.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-01-16 07:11 AM
    Will rim still have a say as to what hardware will wear the blackberry name tag

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 09:25 AM