I have a Q10 with an encrypted 64 GB micro SD card, I ran the software updater found in settings (OTA that's called right?) and all my camera photos are gone! Photos were stored on the media card. All that's left in the camera album are some screenshots.

Additionally, I can't take photos now because they don't get saved to the memory card nor internal memory. Screenshots I take now do get saved to the camera album though.

Can someone help me recover what's lost and solve this current inability to save photo problem please??
    02-26-15 09:31 PM
    Its probably the driver for the s/d card did not get d/l, hopefully someone will chime in and get you the right driver.
    02-26-15 09:43 PM
    Unfortunately this happened to me in the past, too. I learned from it. It is better to decrypt the card before update and encrypt it again after.
    The decryption key is stored on the phone... it might have been overwritten or deleted while the update took place.
    Maybe synching to link would save your day.
    I fear, you lost these photos/mediacard content.
    I suggest to turn off automatically search and install updates in the settings to have the time to decrypt/backup next time.
    Besides, I suggest to make a decision... do you really want to experience such loss (or bigger) again?
    Since the time it happened to me (it was on my Bold, about 3-4 years ago), I don't encrypt my media card.

Edit: if you resign and give up the card content, you should reformat it (either in device or computer) to use its full storage content again.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2243; Germany.
    02-26-15 09:49 PM