Has anybody ever done a head-to-head test of real-world camera performance of the Z30 and Passport?

On paper, the Passport blows the Z30 out of the water with 13mp (vs. 8pm) and optical I stabilisation. That said, I'm reading a lot of reviews that praised the Z30's performance whilst criticising the Passport's as mediocre.

I tried googling to see if I could find any such comparison done to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 10:53 PM
    The passport has by far a better camera than the z30. There's no comparison.
    Passport camera was not bad, it just had slow focus, like all BlackBerry 10. Pictures and videos come out looking great though.
    04-13-17 12:50 AM
    The passport has by far a better camera than the z30. There's no comparison.
    Passport camera was not bad, it just had slow focus, like all BlackBerry 10. Pictures and videos come out looking great though.
    The Z10 camera (same as Z30) was lightning fast when first released, subsequent updates sacrificed speed for quality I guess however I didn't notice much of an improvement and preferred the instant snap.

The Passport had by far the best BlackBerry 10 camera, any reviews stating otherwise are incorrect. If it's labelled mediocre then they are probably comparing it to another manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 08:04 AM
    Even Z10 pic is better than z30

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 10:21 AM
    Even Z10 pic is better than z30

Posted via CB10
    No. You're probably mistaken due to the Z30's poor display.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-14-17 06:04 PM
    (1) camera comparison: you really need to print out or blow up to project to the wall to see the quality of image. What ever on your phone is not really the image quality - display got lot to do with it (there are few handsets - non BB, looks great on display but crappy when print out - color balance are not there).
    (2) camera - high pixel count not neccesary better, especially when it is low light. Being said that, I would say PP camera is better than z30 IMHO.
    (3) auto focus is slow - if you try to shot sports event - high speed moving object, you might have problem for both. possibly part of hardware and more of software... execute shutter with multiple images, depend upon which line of code to execute 1st... (similar to the key push registration... upon push or upon release register as "1" make difference in speed from user point of view... delay response might be enough for a user to detect... especially, you try to take image of your cat - he might not be there after your click). IMHO.
    04-14-17 07:02 PM