We can do the simple gesture for peek. Having these gesture in the UI are awesome. One of my favorite os experiences ever. I think it would be awesome if a similar gesture could be done to activate the camera. A simple slide up from the bottom and a push to the right. Yes I know there is a camera icon always present on the bottom of the home/ apps screen. Also an icon on the lock screen. But rather than having to funble around for an icon( I know it's not that hard). A gesture to launch the camera would be a welcomed addition. Especially if made to work from a locked phone or from any app.

Just my thoughts. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:12 PM
    We could end up with pocket snaps. I get that now even with the icon - so a good idea but for fumblers like myself I could find myself deleting many black-hole pics.
    03-03-15 02:35 PM
    Actually pressing & holding the camera icon unlocks only the camera function from the lock screen...........

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:00 PM
    We can do the simple gesture for peek. Having these gesture in the UI are awesome. One of my favorite os experiences ever. I think it would be awesome if a similar gesture could be done to activate the camera. A simple slide up from the bottom and a push to the right. Yes I know there is a camera icon always present on the bottom of the home/ apps screen. Also an icon on the lock screen. But rather than having to funble around for an icon( I know it's not that hard). A gesture to launch the camera would be a welcomed addition. Especially if made to work from a locked phone or from any app.

Just my thoughts. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Your right. The icon on the screen is not hard to press.
    03-03-15 04:44 PM
    The question I'm making probably wasn't stated correctly. I think launching the camera via a gesture would compliment the already gesture based experience BB10 experience.

Everyone else has a quick launch camera from the bottom right corner of the lock screen. That is a fact across android and ios. Launching the camera from an inverted "peek" gesture would be great.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:01 AM
    The question I'm making probably wasn't stated correctly. I think launching the camera via a gesture would compliment the already gesture based experience BB10 experience.

Everyone else has a quick launch camera from the bottom right corner of the lock screen. That is a fact across android and ios. Launching the camera from an inverted "peek" gesture would be great.

Posted via CB10
    Why?
    03-04-15 06:58 AM
    Because the experience is already gesture based. it makes sense for jumping into the camera to be done by a gesture also. To make it easier for those whom wouldn't want it as a gesture. Have the ability in the settings to turn off gestures the smae way the have for unlocking.
    03-18-15 09:34 AM
    I think that they should make swipe up and to the left another function and let you choose what it does camera/flashlight etc

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-18-15 09:59 AM
    Good call. Kinda like legacy devices. We had the convenience key.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:18 PM