I have searched the forum, but the post answer does not resolve the issue.

When I enter an appointment on my calendar, in either of my two email accounts, the default time zone is EST -5, which is where I live. However, if I check later (after a backup with BBLink? Something else?), the time if my appointment is still the same, but it says "...time displayed in EST but was created in Tijuana -8."

I have checked my Outlook and both accounts are set to EST.

What the heck!? I believe it has screwed me up when I've sent calendar invites.

Via Z10 & CB10
    09-03-13 08:46 AM
    Same thing kind of happened to me. I work all over Canada and usually set my phone to auto update time. For whatever reason I had to manually set saskatoon time in, and over the next week made calender entries like I always do using the "local time" format. As in 8am is the schedule appointment regardless of where I was. When I got back to BC all my appointments were off by an hour.

I'd be interested to hear why this happened, not a biggie but I just assumed it was my mistake playing with settings.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1371
    09-03-13 09:40 PM
    James, I have been frustrated by this exact problem for a long time. I believe it has something to so with sync'ing through Outlook, but that about as much as I know ( and I don't even know THAT for sure). Would love to know what is causing this, and how to fix it. It forces me to go through and correct ALL of my calendar entries every time I load a new OS. The entries automatically repopulate from the Outlook acount, but all with that time zone error.
    09-03-13 11:31 PM
    Last edited by mjasondavis; 11-17-13 at 09:21 PM.
    09-03-13 11:51 PM
    Still struggling with this.
    i am on 10.2.1.1055 and nothing has fixed this. I just went through and added all Birthdays on my Calendar on my Z10. After they sync'd with Outlook, all the time zones now say they were created in Tijuana (-8), and when I look on my computer, they are all showing as one day earlier (like my birthday on Feb 25 shows in outlook on the 24th)
    I have checked everything I can think of, and all my time Zone settings that I can find are correctly set to Eastern (-5).
    Does anyone have a clue?????
    11-18-13 07:19 PM
    Same problem for me, says calendar invites from colleagues in my office (in central time zone) are sending me meeting invites created in Reykjavik timezone??
    11-26-13 05:03 PM
    BlackBerry repeatedly has issues with time zones throughout the entire BlackBerry smartphone family, past and present. They usually have to push an update to resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    11-26-13 08:52 PM
    This bug drives me nuts! I get Reykjavik time zone on my Z10. It had been fixed, then the moment I installed the latest OS it was back. I run my entire Company from this phone and this one bug is big enough to cause a Brand swapping tantrum one day I tell ya!!.......
    11-27-13 11:54 PM
    Are all of you syncing with Outlook? I switched to syncing with Google calendar, and the problem is gone. Would much rather go back to Outlook someday, so I hope something changes.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:58 AM
    Another problem I have noticed is that you can not delete an occurrence of a repeat calendar entry when you are in a different time zone than where you originally created the entry. You delete it, it disappears from the screen, and then it pops right back up after a couple of seconds! You have to set the phone to the original time zone to be able to actually delete the entry from the calendar page.

Posted via Z10
    11-28-13 04:55 AM
    Did an OS update and my timezone was changed to a different one. It was set to Central time (-6), but after the update, i went to Saskachewan (-6).
    Still dont know why it did that.
    02-28-14 01:14 PM
    I have talked to BlackBerry about this time zone problem. I enter an appointment in my calendar on my z30 and it's fine. If I modify that appointment on my playbook or outlook desktop it changes the time zone to Reykjavik which is four hours ahead of my easter time zone. If I open that appointment up on my phone and edit it, its time is now four hours off. If I don't catch it I'm four hours late for my appointment.

BlackBerry had me send them logs from my phone and playbook. They have determined that it's BlackBerry 10 that is messing things up. They closed my case and told me that the developers would address it in a update.

There have been two updates since then and it's still happening. To their defense, the one update was a week after I was told it would be fix. I know that if it's not fixed with 10.3 I'll be super pissed. My fingers are crossed, love BlackBerry 10 and really that is my only daily complaint.

Here is BlackBerry email...

I hope all is well and I'm happy you are enjoying the Z30.

I have completed a handful of tests and here is a summary of my analysis.

When modifying a calendar event on an ActiveSync device (PlayBook, BB10, iPhone, etc) the Office 365 ActiveSync server receives the modification, however, when it sends the update to all the other ActiveSync devices with the timezone Reykjavik.�

I'm assuming Office 365 is sending Reykjavik/Monrovia since all Office 365 servers are set to Reykjavik timezone.

Here is an example of one of the tests I performed with our latest BB 10.2.1 OS.

1. I created an event for 12 pm EST on Office 365 Outlook Web Access page
    2. The event successfully appears on a PlayBook, iPhone, and BlackBerry with the correct time and timezone (EST)
    3. I modify the event on the PlayBook or iPhone, change the time from 12 pm to 1 pm
    4. The event appears as 1 pm PlayBook and iPhone
    5. The event appears on the BB10 as 1 pm EST, but states it was created in Reykjavik timezone
    6. When attempt to modify the time of the event on the BB10, the time is set in Reykjavik and is offset by 5 hours. It shows up 6 PM Reykjavik, instead of 1pm EST.

I have reported this issue to our development team for them to investigate how to address this problem.

I suggested we keep all the event information displayed in the timezone set on the device. For example, if the device timezone is set to EST then all the event details should be displayed in that timezone.

I do not have any other update as we will require our development team to perform an analysis of the issue and their plans for addressing it in a future release of the software

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:13 PM
    Although I can understand it's appeal for some, I would prefer to have the option to have the calendar not change due to a different time zone. At least give me the option. It is very confusing at times. I travel internationally every week and it is frustrating to look at my phone and have it shift my appointments to a different day because of a changed time zone. I don't need to have them adjust for a time zone change.

This is a beef I have had with every Blackberry I have had. It is annoying. I want my calendar to alway show dates and times the same regardless of the time zone I am in. It makes it very hard to schedule and is unnecessary for my needs. Give me the option to turn that feature off.
    05-18-14 10:48 AM
    The timezone issue is known at blackberry and will be fixed with 10.3.1. Not earlier. I opend a case last December because of this.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:58 AM
    Well, the Reykjavik time zone bug is back. This time on my shiny new Passport. Has anyone found a solution? thanks.
    12-16-14 11:14 AM
    I had the same issue from the first 10.3 leak install (non-destructive).

When our admin deleted and recreated my BES account it sorted itself out.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:31 PM
    Blackberry Classic with 10.3.1

Time zone problems not fixed. I have 2 time zones, UTC and EST. I need just NYC with daylight savings auto changed. Any suggestions?
    05-02-15 04:54 PM