Oh dear.

First of all: you write that the bars become useless... but the dots are already useless from the beginning.

About the multiple calendars: what about a drop down menu where you can choose the calendars? This would also solve the problem of sidebars "becoming" useless and they stay fantastically efficient. Which is essential for heavy users.

It is not in blackberry's best interest to have both the new and old calendar view available. Blackberry has a limited number of developers and maintaining 2 views means taking them off more important tasks. They need to spend time analyzing their new design choice, see where it fell short and come up with a better design. Most people are always hesitant to change so give blackberry a chance. The os keeps getting better with each release. What I see from the complaints so far is:
    1) You can no longer tell which days are your busiest
    2) It takes more clicks to view appointments for different days if those days belong to different weeks

Their solution may either be bring back to old calendar or try something new again that has the simplicity of this design without the drawbacks.

Posted via CB10
    Lag_Fisher likes this.
    03-13-15 08:24 AM
    It is not in blackberry's best interest to have both the new and old calendar view available. Blackberry has a limited number of developers and maintaining 2 views means taking them off more important tasks. They need to spend time analyzing their new design choice, see where it fell short and come up with a better design. Most people are always hesitant to change so give blackberry a chance. The os keeps getting better with each release. What I see from the complaints so far is:
    2) It takes more clicks to view appointments for different days if those days belong to different weeks

Their solution may either be bring back to old calendar or try something new again that has the simplicity of this design without the drawbacks.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it was prudent to spend those "limited" resources redoing the calendar so much. Sure, a fresh coat of paint for 10.3.x is warranted, but beyond that...

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-13-15 11:10 AM
    Does the 1767/2558 leak have changes to the calendar?

03-14-15 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    They don't even have to have both options available.

Even bringing back 10.3 calendar would be better than the current calendar.

And that would require minimal work from developers.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:13 PM
    They don't even have to have both options available.

Even bringing back 10.3 calendar would be better than the current calendar.

And that would require minimal work from developers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure it would be minimal work because as far as I understand, the 10.3.0 calendar cannot be sideloaded over top of 10.3.1. I personally prefer having the choice where the default mode would be dots for users who have the occasional appointments, and power user mode would change it to sidebars and growing numbers.

03-14-15 01:43 PM
    I will be switching back to my Bold 9900 or Pre3. BB10 is so far from being a proper organizer it's hard to believe. I wish I could go even further back. Whatever happened to those brilliant today screens on PalmOS and Windows Mobile? It's crazy to think how much these things have regressed.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Droidophobe likes this.
    03-15-15 10:53 PM
    I will be switching back to my Bold 9900 or Pre3. BB10 is so far from being a proper organizer it's hard to believe. I wish I could go even further back. Whatever happened to those brilliant today screens on PalmOS and Windows Mobile? It's crazy to think how much these things have regressed.

Wow. Nothing like embracing change. Hello 90's...will you take me back?
    03-15-15 10:56 PM
    Wow. Nothing like embracing change. Hello 90's...will you take me back?
    Wonderful to see you engaging with the issues rather than simply issuing insults. Have you ever used one of the operating systems I mentioned? If so, do you find the PIM functions in BB10 improved? I certainly do not. I could turn on my device and get a great summary of my entire day at a single glance.

However, according to you, I should embrace change, whether it's actually progress or not, and I should apparently do so out of some misplaced sense of shame over being associated with a particular decade.

Here's a little piece of news: all change is not progress. I'm always willing to adopt a better solution, but I'm not willing to adopt a less effective system simply because someone is trying to sell it to me.

03-15-15 11:19 PM
    Had a Bold 9900 (and many others going back to a 7250) but no experience with a Pre. Sorry but my calendar tells me I have stuff booked and how many on any given day. Works perfectly well for me and apparently many others who aren't complaining.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed30. Find me on Twitter @jeffgerard
    03-15-15 11:29 PM
109 ... 345