I have a Q10 running through hosted BES.
    I understand the email routes through the BES and is encrypted to the device.

But can someone please explain whether the remaining PIM functions (calendar, contacts, tasks and notes) connect to the exchange server via the BES or activsync without the encryption.

If not, I may just ditch the BES, save a few $/month and go with straight EAS.

Another question:
    The IP address changes when I switch between "work" and "personal" browsers. Personal reflects my Verizon account, work reflects somewhere in Georgia. Does the "work" browser pass through along the lines of the old BIS system? Similar to blackberry's version of a VPN?

Thanks!
    Last edited by meagvg; 08-04-13 at 08:19 PM.
    08-04-13 07:24 PM
    Browser on BES routes through your BES as per policy and Admin. Some sites maybe restricted and if you have a portal then the work browser will be able to load that page.

If your hosted BES is a full solution, and if enabled for bidirectional sync which is on by default, the all PIM features will be sync'd to BES by default, other accounts if enabled will sync through other means, say EAS, to their host account.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:22 PM
    Appreciate the fast reply.
    I do have full BES sync on the service.
    So if I understand correctly, the PIM services for the "work/enterprise" account (other than email) are encrypted as well?
    08-04-13 09:43 PM