Hi,
    Every time I make an event in my local calendar I can't invite anyone. It always shows to associate email account to local calendar. I was trying to do that but nothing changed. I use hotmail.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:18 PM
    Hi,
    Every time I make an event in my local calendar I can't invite anyone. It always shows to associate email account to local calendar. I was trying to do that but nothing changed. I use hotmail.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    If I remember right, you have to have an emaul account associated to the calendar you want to send the invitation from. Since the local calendar has nothing associated with it, it keeps asking you for something to send the invitation with.

I suggest setting your default to the hotmail account and using that from now on. Added benefit: You will never have to worry about losing calendar into ever again, as it will sync to your hotmail calendar.
    10-14-13 02:39 PM
    I did it but it didn't work. What about activesync option? Do I need Office 365 for that? What is the active sync server address?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 03:20 PM
    If I remember correctly, your default calendar needs to be an email account that uses active sync for the invites to work.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-14-13 04:26 PM
    If I remember correctly, your default calendar needs to be an email account that uses active sync for the invites to work.

Posted via CB10
    Hotmail/Outlook.com don't use ActiveSync, correct?
    10-14-13 04:30 PM
    Hotmail/Outlook.com don't use ActiveSync, correct?
    BB10 does indeed use ActiveSync for those.

I did it but it didn't work. What about activesync option? Do I need Office 365 for that? What is the active sync server address?

Posted via CB10
    No need. Just change the default calendar to the hotmail account (Universal Search > "default" should show the exact option you need to set that up). Problem is: All local calendar appointments will remain local. If you want that info to sync, you'll have to re-add them.

Also, go to Settings > Accounts > <the hotmaill one> and check if you have Calendar sync on.
    10-14-13 04:32 PM
    Thank you a lot for you help! I also have problem with Hotmail tasks. When I flag an email it doesn't appear in Hotmail folder in Remember app but in Untitled Files. How can I fix this issue?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:19 PM
    Thank you a lot for you help! I also have problem with Hotmail tasks. When I flag an email it doesn't appear in Hotmail folder in Remember app but in Untitled Files. How can I fix this issue?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is an issue. That's how it works for all my accounts (and I don't have Hotmail).
    10-15-13 09:49 AM
    Mines the same for both outlook and my work email. I have to manually put it in its specific folder - which is odd if you ask me. You would think it would auto populate in the correct folder.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:26 PM
    I can't move hotmail stuff between folders. Is it normal?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:21 PM
    Good evening. I was having the same issue and found this in the BlackBerry Knowledge Base:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Frustrated owner of a Q10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-15-13 06:55 PM
    How do you select default calendar? Can't seem to find the option.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 04:56 AM
    Open the Calendar app;
    - Swipe down from the top of the screen and select Settings;
    - Select Meeting Invitation Settings
    - You can select the default email used for either the Local Calendar or, if you have a calendar set up with BlackBerry Link, you can select the default email.

However, some people have been having trouble, including myself, with saving the default email once they select it. Hopefully this issue is resolved with BlackBerry 10.2.

Frustrated owner of a Q10
    10-16-13 09:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Use the search option and type "default". Why fiddle with menu screens when you can have the OS find stuff for you?
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-17-13 at 10:56 AM.
    10-16-13 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings/accounts and hit the "More" button on the bottom right. You'll see the option for "Set Defaults".

Posted via CB10
    talberry likes this.
    10-16-13 10:49 AM
    Does it mean that with the calendar synced to my email, whenever I add People to my event, they will get an email invitation automatically?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:56 AM
    Does it mean that with the calendar synced to my email, whenever I add People to my event, they will get an email invitation automatically?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if the service you use makes a difference, but here on gmail, it seems to autosend invitations.
    10-17-13 10:57 AM