Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RubberChicken76
  • 1 Post By Skeevecr
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default cab the reboot be done with

can we expect our devices wont need to be reboot evry time u delete a app. in samsung s2 i delete and no need to rebbot ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhesh Jain View Post
    can we expect our devices wont need to be reboot evry time u delete a app. in samsung s2 i delete and no need to rebbot ?
    You mean with BlackBerry 10? Yes. The PlayBook (earlier derivative of BlackBerry 10) doesn't reboot when installing or uninstalling apps.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

As far as I know, a reboot will not be required when apps are deleted. On my playbook, you can delete and app without rebooting, but some sometimes when you install and app you need to reboot, but not very often.
    Sent from the future in my BB10 powered DeLorean
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neilmann View Post
    As far as I know, a reboot will not be required when apps are deleted. On my playbook, you can delete and app without rebooting, but some sometimes when you install and app you need to reboot, but not very often.
    Which apps do that? Not disputing you, I've just never ever seen it require a reboot. I download lots of apps and can't think of a single time the PlayBook has ever rebooted during an install, upgrade or uninstall.
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by:
    Shane8750 (01-14-2013) 
    Shane8750 and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Which apps do that? Not disputing you, I've just never ever seen it require a reboot. I download lots of apps and can't think of a single time the PlayBook has ever rebooted during an install, upgrade or uninstall.
    Me neither.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    CrackBerry Genius

Indeed, the only time I have been required to reboot my playbook was following a software update.
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts

I'm guessing that since there is no response, there aren't actually PlayBook apps that require a reboot.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default cab the reboot be done with

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Sorry, should have clarified a little better: none of the playbook apps have required a reboot, but some apps I have installed (not many) didn't work correctly until I rebooted.
    Sent from the future in my BB10 powered DeLorean
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neilmann View Post
    I have over 170 apps, I've never had to reboot after an install. The only time you'll have to reboot is after an OS update. The BB10 OS will not require a reboot when you install apps.
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook