Wow, reading these post about android and ios compared to bb10 it's like comparing apples to oranges. I have a dtek50 which handles my apps and a Leap which handles my day to day calls, emails and text and the battery is still long lasting after nearly 2 years of constant use. Remember that bb10 is on dated hardware it won't really hold up to what's out there today. My 2 cents is if you like bb10 get a blackdroid because they will put the best of bb10 on stock Android which won't become slow and laggy. I am personally thinking about replacing my leap with the mercury when my contract is up in august.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 07:40 AM
    OS wars are pointless.

I've used BB10, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 Mobile phones - all within the past few months - and they all have their inherent strengths and weaknesses.

What it comes down to for each of us is which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

It's a highly subjective and personal decision and, while it's helpful to discuss those strengths and weaknesses, it's futile to argue over which is "best". What is "best" for one person may not be "best" for another.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-14-17 09:04 AM
    OS wars are pointless.

I've used BB10, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 Mobile phones - all within the past few months - and they all have their inherent strengths and weaknesses.

What it comes down to for each of us is which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

It's a highly subjective and personal decision and, while it's helpful to discuss those strengths and weaknesses, it's futile to argue over which is "best". What is "best" for one person may not be "best" for another.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Well said,ive never understood the argument over what os you use or the hatred some people have for other users of android or ios,i don't like those platforms but if other people want to use them so be it,its only a phone at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 09:11 AM
    its only a phone at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    I think you just tossed a handgrenade into the room.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    01-14-17 09:15 AM
    I am really happy with the less expensive DTEK50 coming over from the Z10 after Christmas. I do miss the BB10 features, but BlackBerry has created a great experience with Hub services. And I'm really happy to have Tasks back from the less than wonderful Remember app. Ugh. Task actually WORKS.

It's even got me back on the Crackberry forums after about a one year snoozefest. The sooner you cross over, the sooner you can jump back in to the fun.
    01-14-17 10:54 AM
    I think you just tossed a handgrenade into the room.
    Hahaha BOOM!!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 11:09 AM
    You spoiled little brats!
    You consider a few seconds... a long time to boot up??
    You should have to start with a computer that had windows 95 installed and be made to work your way up.

Instead of complaining about a few seconds lag, take your faces out of your toy and look up. ( forget it. You'd first have to go outside, which would mean you'd have to learn how to tie your shoes and other really complicated stuff)
    Not to mention dial up connections to access Bulletin Boards.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-14-17 01:08 PM
    Well said,ive never understood the argument over what os you use or the hatred some people have for other users of android or ios,i don't like those platforms but if other people want to use them so be it,its only a phone at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    Considerably smaller the the Motorola "Brick" pocket phone.

01-14-17 01:11 PM
    Android phones TCL, or Samsung or others Dtek all needs google play store, and we all know the word PRIVACY...not much in armony with android and even with ios...
    Last edited by blackbp; 01-14-17 at 06:10 PM.
    01-14-17 05:25 PM
    You spoiled little brats!
    You consider a few seconds... a long time to boot up??
    You should have to start with a computer that had windows 95 installed and be made to work your way up.

Instead of complaining about a few seconds lag, take your faces out of your toy and look up. ( forget it. You'd first have to go outside, which would mean you'd have to learn how to tie your shoes and other really complicated stuff)
    Amen.

BlackBerry Leap.
    01-14-17 05:58 PM
    I don't like ios and i don't like iphone, but if you compare iphone6 with Passport, both of them have many things quiet good and both have some bugs, in different ways for sure...In my opinion the passport it's made better and durable and the bbos is better if you considering the only fact that it has much more years without being improved, and it's still competitive...ipone sure has much more native apps, so often it can run better and faster...but if we open on iphone and pp the same native apps, than bbos do much better. Finally, the two smartphones have been created for different users and different uses. So this is not a true competition in which one is better...but simply everybody can choose which one is better for him.
    01-14-17 05:59 PM
    I don't like ios and i don't like iphone, but if you compare iphone6 with Passport, both of them have many things quiet good and both have some bugs, in different ways for sure...In my opinion the passport it's made better and durable and the bbos is better if you considering the only fact that it has much more years without being improved, and it's still competitive...ipone sure has much more native apps, so often it can run better and faster...but if we open on iphone and pp the same native apps, than bbos do much better. Finally, the two smartphones have been created for different users and different uses. So this is not a true competition in which one is better...but simply everybody can choose which one is better for him.

Excellent point! Unfortunately the same point has been made over and over again for as long as the "6" has been out.
    But, who knows. Maybe THIS time people will listen.

Nahhhhhhhh! You would "THINK" choosing what works best for 'you" (generally speaking) would be simple but we're dealing with a generation that seems to know so much more than those that came before them that they simply believe "IT SHOULD JUST WORK." Even when we try to help them with a problem they are having... and give them a solution, they still argue!
    Be that as it may the reason it isn't "simple"... the reason you have to choose which "best works" for you.... The reason It just doesn't work is simple.
    The mobile industry is still so very young they're still working out the basics. Otherwise, all platforms would be cross platforms and everything would just work. (and there's also the issue of each company not wanting to share with the other kids because they wouldn';t make as much money if they shared)

Simply put... there is no perfect mobile device because it hasn';t been created yet! And the day it IS created..... All mobile devices will be recalled the following day and replaced with
    Digital micro-chip implants. Then the machines will start to rebel and it's pretty much downhill from there.
    But wait! It may be over sooner than you think. If Trump has a hissy fit the entire planet may be gone within the next 4 years.

So, Bye Bye BB10 is the least of your worries!
    01-14-17 06:44 PM
    Hohoho dear, I'm not worried at all and I do not care about blackberry aifone or android...I just like blackberry 10 and I'll use it till it dies...stop. I care about my privacy of course...and i see that tecnology and primary the smartphones business, they are running everyday much faster to the way of the total control of whatsapp-ening in your pocket an so in your lives...the privacy remain only a word...so I'm not crying for bb10. I just saying that for me it is usefully enough...knowing well that there are many and much more powerful smartphone out there and knowing even better that they seems always more often like a means for spying...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 08:06 PM
    No sense in arguing. Just use whatever you want and let other people decide for themselves what's dead and what's not...

 z30
    01-15-17 12:51 AM
    Actually BB users who jumped on other platforms did it because they couldn't play the GAMES they wanted.
    How most of these children ever decided to purchase a BlackBerry to begin with is the real mystery.
    Strongly disagree Sire !
    I myself brought 2 One Black One White Z30 (because both Black 808pv an Black N9 were running on dead OS_Still using 808pv as secondary phone mainly for photography, N9 is still working fine) and forcefully gave the white one to my son who retired his White 808pv and was looking for equally good phone. ( He loves to play Game and is an CSE graduate working with NI).
    Two years back very reluctantly he agreed to use Z30 for a fourth night with condition to sell it on Olx to part finance new phone of his choice.
    Recently he purchased a iPhone 6sPlus 64gb (just fetish) but grabbed my gorgeous Black Z30 (White Z30 is waiting fate) because the productivity and ease of use of BB10 OS is still unmatched. The notification, push mail, email client, Contact syncing of FB/Twitter, Calendar all are delight at BB10. No other OS comes close to BB10. So he is using Two phones now BB for mail and serious work iPhone to ShowOff and social and multi media uses..
    I just switched on Android and finding it power hungry ram hungry cpu hungry reboot hungry app hungry But i have no choice as BB Apps scenario is becoming poorer day by day.
    Another 2 users using Z10 and Z30 are in great dilemma and may eventually fall for a Android phone due to lack of alternative.
    Any average user need at least 10 mainstream Apps ie FB, Twitter, WA, Maps and some banking/finance Apps.
    When he fails to get them, OS switch happens.
    Last edited by Fool Guy; 01-15-17 at 03:09 AM.
    01-15-17 02:14 AM
    Not quite sure what type of medication you're taking. Must be powerful stuff.
    No kidding. I cannot remember a single instance of someone posting that they ditched BB10 because they couldn't play a video game. Perhaps there is, but I'm not going to go fish for it.

I dare say there are probably not (m)any children at all who read or post on CB. Plenty of adults with that maturity level though.
    01-15-17 06:33 AM
    I have put it off for to long. It is time to retire my BB10 and move on. As BlackBerry continues to move BB10 solely for government use, we are left with no hope of gaining ground in app support. Therefore I have pulled the trigger on purchasing a new phone that is not BB10 .

As much as I like the new HP Win10 based phone, BBM is not available for Win10, plus I am not sure about the security. So, I have decided to go with the BlackBerry DTEK60. I hate Android, but not as much as I hate iOS. Many people I have talked too who are using the DTEK60 say the OS experience is not as nice as BB10, but they can install newer versions of apps that will no longer run on BB10. At this point, I need the app support.

At least I am staying with BlackBerry. If they ever decide to get rid of the people making the poor decisions and change the BB10 platform to better suite the general public, I would be happy to change back.

Posted via CB10
    At this point, it is not worth it to stay with BlackBerry 10 if you are getting a new phone.

BlackBerry makes it pretty easy for the ex BlackBerry 10 users to make the switch to their Android phones. I am sure you will like the change eventually.

At the end of the day, I wish BlackBerry 10 had gained the traction, but we don't always get what we want.
    01-16-17 12:59 AM
    You're the EXACT type of BB10 fanboy I was talking about. I do like physical keyboards FYI - I just thought that the tiny keyboard on the 9320 was cramped - numerous professional reviewers said the exact same thing.

If you don't think boot time matters - then wow - you're the kind of person who would choose an IDE hard drive over an SSD. Of course it matters - it matters a great deal.

Actually you're wrong - the 15 second boot of Android IS a hard boot. My cyanogenmod android can even boot within 20 seconds and only has 1gb ram and a relatively slow processor. My friend's Galaxy boots quickly and my family members' Moto G4 boots relatively quickly as well (from a completely turned off device).

I'm going to record a video for you because you clearly have absolutely no idea about what you're talking about regarding your last comment: "Hey, try sending two different file types as an attachment in your stock email app on ios btw. Let's see how long that takes"

Here's my video for you Mad_MDX

Your comparison doesn't make any sense.
    Hard-drive speed matters, phone boot time not at all.

It doesn't matter if the phone boots in 10, 30 or 60 seconds since a phone is always on !
    Normal users don't reboot their phone, they just put them in bedtime mode, airplane mode or silent mode.
    Ofcourse some Android users must reboot more often because of bugs and crashes.
    With BB10 or Cyanogen Mod on my tablet I only reboot after OS update.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 05:05 AM
    Your comparison doesn't make any sense.
    Hard-drive speed matters, phone boot time not at all.

It doesn't matter if the phone boots in 10, 30 or 60 seconds since a phone is always on !
    Normal users don't reboot their phone, they just put them in bedtime mode, airplane mode or silent mode.
    Ofcourse some Android users must reboot more often because of bugs and crashes.
    With BB10 or Cyanogen Mod on my tablet I only reboot after OS update.

Posted via CB10
    You may not have to, but plenty of us have to reboot our BlackBerry 10 phones once in a while.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 06:21 PM
    Not to mention dial up connections to access Bulletin Boards.

Crap! You had to go there. Guess what I'm hearing?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2163
    01-18-17 04:28 PM
    You may not have to, but plenty of us have to reboot our BlackBerry 10 phones once in a while.

Posted via CB10
    Crashes usually take care of periodically reboots. although, after the system 'settles in' crashes are rare. but, my androids rarely crashed at all

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 04:58 PM
    adios! bb10 going strong.....bb, however, is dead. look for qnx selloff.

Posted via CBX
    01-18-17 06:16 PM
    adios! bb10 going strong.....bb, however, is dead. look for qnx selloff.

Posted via CBX
    Why would they sell the one thing that is the backbone of their future revenue streams in IoT, cars, etc?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 06:23 PM
    because its the one thing left with any value.

Posted via CBX
    01-18-17 06:34 PM
    because its the one thing left with any value.

Posted via CBX
    There would be almost no company left.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 06:36 PM
595 12345 ...