They're all toggled

Posted via CB10
    Okay next step, rip your hair out.

Umm I would try dlna from your computer to confirm it's a BlackBerry problem.

Also Does your BlackBerry show up as a network drive on your computer?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:44 PM
    Maybe through the TV my Blu Ray is not windows 8 certified. So I'm running windows 8 on new laptop and vista on old Dell.

If you have tips for Windows 8 fire away. Spent 3 days with this DLNA nightmare.

I thought technology was suppose to make life easier....

Posted via CB10
    andorejunior likes this.
    07-22-13 11:57 PM
    Mkv files will not work. You will need to find divx, avi, or mp4 file types.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:59 PM
    What makes an mkv file? When I make a video on my BBZ10 what format is that and how did you get properties on the video? There's not drop down or option on menu dots

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:02 AM
    Is there software or apps for this.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:03 AM
    Maybe through the TV my Blu Ray is not windows 8 certified. So I'm running windows 8 on new laptop and vista on old Dell.

If you have tips for Windows 8 fire away. Spent 3 days with this DLNA nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I got nothing on Windows 8 man sorry.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:13 AM
    Mkv files will not work. You will need to find divx, avi, or mp4 file types.

Posted via CB10
    Mkv's work fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:13 AM
    What makes an mkv file? When I make a video on my BBZ10 what format is that and how did you get properties on the video? There's not drop down or option on menu dots

Posted via CB10
    They are just different ways of formatting a video. The other option for wireless display is miracast and it's not available on the BlackBerry (until 10.2) or the Viera... do you have any other dlna capable devices like Android that you could test it with?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:16 AM
    Wife has a GS2. Will try that. Might be owning a Note II shortly. Apps and DLNA capability....

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:45 AM
    Well that took 10 seconds after watching YouTube video. All share clock video saw the Blu Ray done. BlackBerry!!!!! Killing me smalls. Don't know if I should cry or scream. Maybe I can get a refund my phone has a warranty plan. Just say the DLNA doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:53 AM
    I just had this problem in the most recent link. Turns our in the device share options there was my Samsung bluray listed as E6500 and then an unknown [IP address]. The unknown IP was the IP of my blu ray. My blu ray player kept telling me access denied until both the device and unknown with IP was checked.

It would also help to know which OS you're running.

Auto Corrected by BlackBerry 10 via CB10
    07-23-13 01:40 AM
    T mobile USA 10.1.0.2006

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 01:47 AM
    I have no other input but to point you here.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...y-Z10/bd-p/Z10

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:27 AM
    Well that took 10 seconds after watching YouTube video. All share clock video saw the Blu Ray done. BlackBerry!!!!! Killing me smalls. Don't know if I should cry or scream. Maybe I can get a refund my phone has a warranty plan. Just say the DLNA doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Also that is miracast not dlna

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:06 AM
    I have similar issues. Play On does NOT work to my TV, but DOES work to my Blueray Player. Same settings on the device, and I have a Sharp Aquos TV and Sony Blueray Player.
    07-23-13 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    You actually believe that? haha. Sure, in some ways it does, but not always. In my experience with a samsung smart tv. As soon as I connected to the home wifi (gfs house) the tv said it had found a new device on the network. Play on worked without having to do anything. I did not try any movies but I'll try it one day. Picture slideshow was awesome though. I would also check all possible tv settings. Good luck scott.
    07-23-13 08:20 AM
    Im trying to use the 'Play On' feature on my Q10 to watch content on my Smart TV but keep getting 'This file contains an unsupported media format' no matter what video I try to play.

Ive enable media sharing (although I cant find my specific TV in the device list) and it does find my TV when I hit the Play On option, but it never works. It seems to try for a few seconds then gives me that error. Similar issue with music.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Thanks
    Had the same issue with some of my old bbos 7 vidz...bt it worked flawlessly with a few mp4 videos I downloaded...
    07-27-13 08:33 PM
    Unfortunately while DLNA is supposed to be a standard, different devices are less compliant than others. My Sony Bravia TV works fine with my Z10. So I'm sure it's your TV that is less than perfect not your Z10.

JR
    07-28-13 01:28 AM
    If you have "browse pc" feature on your TV try this. You should be able to see files (videos, photos) stored on your BlackBerry. Try to open video in question.

Could you use internet functions (streaming, browsing) on your PC?

If you install any dlna server on your pc, does it works with you blackberry?

You could also try Kalemsoft, but is paid application.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 02:01 AM
    Dlna works in Windows 8. I've got it to work. It is a bit flaky though. You need to change a few settings in windows 8 and have to use windows media player.

I found a video of it on YouTube awhile back and copied the steps.

As for your tv not working properly.... some device work better than others. I was bored and cheap so I picked up a couple of blueray players to try out. While they all were Dlna certified only one of them worked properly. I still returned them back to best buy because I don't need a blueray player lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:02 AM
    Since i am on the 4651 leak it no longer works to play on tv.
    07-28-13 09:06 AM
    I know this is a super old thread, but just for everyone's information, I think I have found a solution:

I was also getting errors when trying to use PlayOn from the stock bb10 video player app to my smart tv, it would always say 'the file format is not supported' or something similar. The issue (in my case) was solely due to the fact that the content I was trying to stream (the movie) was stored on my phone's SD card. Once I moved the movie over to the phone's internal memory, it worked flawlessly.

Id suggest you try moving your content over to the phones internal memory and try again!

Hope it helps.
    04-17-14 10:09 AM
47 12