hi all,

with the build for blackberry program coming to an end, is there a list anywhere of which apps are built for blackberry?

I have an android phone along with a BB10 device, so I would prefer only BB apps on my BB10, don't want to slow it down unnecessarily as I can stick android apps on the android.

thanks.
    allstarkenyan likes this.
    02-03-16 11:59 AM
    hi all,

with the build for blackberry program coming to an end, is there a list anywhere of which apps are built for blackberry?

I have an android phone along with a BB10 device, so I would prefer only BB apps on my BB10, don't want to slow it down unnecessarily as I can stick android apps on the android.

thanks.
    Certifications for existing apps remain... it's only no new apps will receive that certification (and it's doubtful there was going to be many of those anyway).
    02-03-16 01:11 PM
    Certifications for existing apps remain... it's only no new apps will receive that certification (and it's doubtful there was going to be many of those anyway).
    I see, thank you.

just picked up a new passport so didn't want to be guessing when it finally arrives.
    02-03-16 02:11 PM
    Actually, those certifications will be removed for existing app at the end of this month.
    02-03-16 02:26 PM
    I see, thank you.

just picked up a new passport so didn't want to be guessing when it finally arrives.
    With the Passport... having not heard too many complain that Android Apps were "slowing down" things noticeable.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 02-03-16 at 03:03 PM.
    02-03-16 02:26 PM
    The built for BlackBerry program doesn't help you differentiate between BB10 and Android applications. There are lots of BB10 applications that were never in the program.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-03-16 02:32 PM
    The built for BlackBerry program doesn't help you differentiate between BB10 and Android applications. There are lots of BB10 applications that were never in the program.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Not all native apps are designated as B4BB,
    But maybe the idea is to look for B4BB badge to be certain that it isn't an Android app before downloading.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    02-03-16 02:37 PM
    Not all native apps are designated as B4BB,
    But maybe the idea is to look for B4BB badge to be certain that it isn't an Android app before downloading.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    You can certainly do that, but there are a lot of good native BB10 applications that were never part of the B4BB programme that you would miss out on.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-04-16 03:46 AM
    You can certainly do that, but there are a lot of good native BB10 applications that were never part of the B4BB programme that you would miss out on.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Just that when you don't see the badge, you fall back to screen shots or description to determine if it's native or not.
    If it's still not clear then the last resort is to download it and check if it isn't Android or not.
    That's how I do it at least. The B4BB just served to verify it's native right off the bat.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-04-16 11:43 AM
    Just that when you don't see the badge, you fall back to screen shots or description to determine if it's native or not.
    If it's still not clear then the last resort is to download it and check if it isn't Android or not.
    That's how I do it at least. The B4BB just served to verify it's native right off the bat.

And that's one of the reasons I'm personally glad it's gone. Too many people thought if it didn't have a B4BB badge it was Android. Some of the requirements required a developer to remove or not included features that made sense and were even used by core BlackBerry applications, or add features that didn't make any sense.

It fractured the ecosystem at a time when it was important to keep it cohesive, and confused many users about what it actually meant.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-04-16 06:13 PM
    And that's one of the reasons I'm personally glad it's gone. Too many people thought if it didn't have a B4BB badge it was Android. Some of the requirements required a developer to remove or not included features that made sense and were even used by core BlackBerry applications, or add features that didn't make any sense.

It fractured the ecosystem at a time when it was important to keep it cohesive, and confused many users about what it actually meant.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Along those lines, I could never figure out why the BB10 Browser doesn't have the "swipe down from top" to access menu.
    That kind of doesn't blend in with the rest of apps.

02-04-16 06:22 PM