I do prefer the old os7 music app why change it was perfect.

Organising and just the look and ui don't feel it and the main thing is that I really want changing is when searching a song it only plays that song it doesn't continue in order or give u a shuffle.

I have to scroll down to Z for e.g in the all music section for it to shuffle or keep playing on to the next one just not convenient when u have a thousand songs. Needs a search option dedicated to each section not to one song.

Hopefully updated in next update.
    Anyone else have the same issues?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:29 PM
    I actually find it refreshing coming from the iPhone 5 but everyone has there own personal preference. I haven't experienced any no those problems but do hope there addressed in a update.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:54 PM
    open music app
    tap overflow (3 dots bottom right)
    tap shuffle all
    done.
    RD9700 likes this.
    03-20-13 10:21 PM
    the main thing is that I really want changing is when searching a song it only plays that song it doesn't continue in order or give u a shuffle.

...Hopefully updated in next update.

Posted via CB10
    I too am finding this incredibly frustrating. I'm okay with them trying something different with the media apps but I would have liked the additions on top of what was already a good music player in OS7 - as opposed to completely replacing it.

Fingers crossed we get that functionality back in a future update.
    03-20-13 10:29 PM
    I wish there was a songs tab, instead of having to go through playlists to get to them all. Would also like that when I search for a song to play, it continues shuffling through my list afterwards instead of just stopping. Same goes for songs I click on in the recently added section, or recently played. It just plays the one song and stops afterwards.

An EQ would be nice too...nothing too extravagent, just a simple, Flat, Dance, Vocal, Jazz, etc EQ.
    03-20-13 10:33 PM
    I am a big fan of how they made it different then every other oem music player. But I would also like a simple all songs list with a classic alphabet scroll bar down the right side of the screen, and some more fine tuning additions to really make it great.
    03-20-13 10:56 PM
    I would like the quick jump letters on the side like in the contacts app. Otherwise it works for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:00 PM
    Neutron Music Player is the best player for PB/BB10. It is $4.99 though.
    primusd and ferazzz1985 like this.
    03-20-13 11:58 PM
    I'm waiting till Friday to get my Z10 but, does it display music files that are saved to the cloud on DropBox or Box?
    03-21-13 12:09 AM
    Neutron Music Player is the best player for PB/BB10. It is $4.99 though.
    Definitely an amazing player...unfortunately the GUI makes me cringe. And it's not native so I can't lunch it with NFC, and just by pressing the play shortcut key on the side of my Z10
    03-21-13 08:29 AM
    I think Alicia Keys should help redo the design interface for the music app that would be cool.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-21-13 09:15 AM
    Also, why is there no fast forward function? Like if you hold the volume button for more than 2 seconds it starts scrubbing through the song. I don't want to have to pull out my phone everytime I want to fast forward past the extended intro of a song, etc.
    03-22-13 02:02 PM
    Andrlo is on point with the Alpha scroll bar on the rhs. Coming from a long time iPod iOS user, the music app on Z10 is DOPE! The biggest issue (by far) is the current state of BlackBerry Link. I've done 2 factory resets of my device, and spent countless hours just trying to get music to sync from my iTunes library. It's a horrible, crashy, buggy, experience that evaporates any time saved from using BB10's groundbreaking UI.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:14 PM
    There is also a bug where when you have the music app open, lock the device and try to change the volume on the lock screen you don't get the on screen options to pause, play etc. Whereas usually this pops up when the screen is locked or you are in any app!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:48 PM
    I hope the next release has an option you can specify NOT to gather all audio files in all storage media for the music app to play. Not all mp3 files are songs.

Some are audiobooks, voice memo, podcasts, etc. So the music app right now will treat all audio files as a song and plays them to you when you do shuffle all. This issue really has to be fixed or at least have an option put in place.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:16 PM
    well i did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for so i'll try in here.... is there a way to skip songs with the volume keys like you could with the bold?...does it have to be enabled??
    03-28-13 02:13 AM
    well i did a search and couldn't find what i was looking for so i'll try in here.... is there a way to skip songs with the volume keys like you could with the bold?...does it have to be enabled??
    Settings > system volume > volume keys > toggle on

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:12 AM
    I use it all the time and love it...
    03-28-13 04:28 AM
    Definitely an amazing player...unfortunately the GUI makes me cringe. And it's not native so I can't lunch it with NFC, and just by pressing the play shortcut key on the side of my Z10
    Having this app on my playbook, it is a native BB10 app, as well as a separate android port. You will get some functions for the hardware buttons on the PB version and the developer is always updating. Look in the vast settings and/or visit the dev's web page to report bugs and make suggestions. It isn't a simple player, was never meant to be., it focuses on playback sound quality.
    03-28-13 05:43 AM
    The changed apps on Z10 takes some getting used to. I would like an option to see the songs as a list in the library and not just as icons.
    03-28-13 06:03 AM
    I would love to see an option to organize songs by Folder. I don't want to organize my music by album. I'm also having an issue where, despite having the exact same album name and all other ID on the mp3 files the same, I am getting multiple albums of the same name with only one song listed in the album. For some reason that I can't see, instead of listing all the songs from the same album in the same album, I get each song listed in its own album.
    phylez likes this.
    03-28-13 07:57 AM
    Settings > system volume > volume keys > toggle on

Posted via CB10
    ... Sweet, this makes my ride to work more enjoyable...oddly enough, i was on the phone with a blackberry rep late last night on a bbm issue and i brought up the volume key option and he told me there wasn't a way to enable them... Go figure.
    03-29-13 05:26 AM
    ... Sweet, this makes my ride to work more enjoyable...oddly enough, i was on the phone with a blackberry rep late last night on a bbm issue and i brought up the volume key option and he told me there wasn't a way to enable them... Go figure.
    Well, apparently this doesn't work for streaming music apps like slacker and songzaa which i use more often than my saved music...ah well, maybe in a future update.
    03-29-13 04:09 PM
    The music app was probably the biggest reason I didn't pull the trigger on the Z10, although I see now that Neutron is available. I do love the volume key / skip feature. However, the built-in app should at bare minimum in 2013, have a five-band EQ and some common DSP effects. If it even took design cues or sorting ideas from something like Google Music, that would be great. There, you at least have the option of displaying playlists, albums, artists, full library in list format, or recently played. Not flogging the big bad G, but BB's offering needs to surpass what Google is doing, not underperform it and lack basic features by a wide margin. Yes, audiophiles will argue the virtues of flat unprocessed sound, but that doesn't fly on the bus to work or anything less than a perfect listening environment.
    04-08-13 12:08 PM
    Wrong, it is native.

WhiteBerry Z10 by choice
    04-08-13 12:34 PM
33 12