This issue has persisted for the entire 3 weeks that I have owned my Blackberry Classic. I tap the icon on the top right of the hub (3 lines and a checkmark) to display instant actions next to my messages in the hub. Inevitably, the setting reverts back after a while to the setting that does NOT display instant actions. I've noticed that this happens after I hold down the shift key to select multiple, simultaneous emails to delete. When I return to the Hub, instant actions are no longer displayed.

If Blackberry intentionally set up instant actions to require enabling each time one wants to use the feature. this is incredibly stupid. The whole point of instant actions is ease and speed of use. Why should I have to reset my settings to enable this feature every time I pick up the device? That is neither quick nor easy. Does anyone else have this issue?
    08-30-15 08:39 AM
    What you are talking about is the hub triage function. It is turned off over time, or if you leave the Hub and return because it is easy to accidentally delete messages or take other action.

Perhaps rather than reporting every difference between your BBOS device and BB10 as a bug you should take some time to explore the system and learn its design philosophy and semantics. BB10 is a completely new OS with a completely new user interface that is built using industry practices that have evolved since BBOS was developed.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-30-15 09:06 AM
    What you are talking about is the hub triage function. It is turned off over time, or if you leave the Hub and return because it is easy to accidentally delete messages or take other action.

Perhaps rather than reporting every difference between your BBOS device and BB10 as a bug you should take some time to explore the system and learn its design philosophy and semantics. BB10 is a completely new OS with a completely new user interface that is built using industry practices that have evolved since BBOS was developed.

Your comment is totally misplaced and actually seems totally wrong. First, it is misplaced because I am not comparing BBOS and BB10 as there was no instant action functionality in BBOS!

Second your explanation seems wrong, because I believe (although from your post it is a little unclear) that you are talking about the garbage can icon automatically appearing in the Hub after you toggle back to the Hub after reading an email but then disappearing 5 seconds later. I am not complaining about this. This is an "automatic" instant icon that appears regardless of whether the user sets the instant icons on or off on the top right of the Hub. I am complaining about the instant actions disappearing when the user does the latter, which is affirmatively takes steps to TURN ON instant actions to appear all the time in the Hub. Your answer/explanation seems flat out wrong because the instant actions would theoretically stay displayed in the Hub in perpetuity if I slowly deleted emails one-by-one over a period of hours instead of selecting a few contiguous emails for deletion at once. Doing the latter, it is still "easy to accidentally delete messages or take other action" so why would the instant actions display for such a long period of time? But I believe that they would.
    08-30-15 09:57 AM
    My comment was prompted by this and the other "Bug Reports" you posted comparing BBOS to BB10.

And no im not talking about instant actions appearing per message when you return to the hub, I am taking about triage.

08-30-15 11:21 AM
    Working as intended; not a bug.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:47 PM
    The triage mode switches off when you initiate the 'Select More' function. It's been like this since they introduced the triage mode.

Not sure if it's a bug or just a design decision.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:56 PM
    Working as intended; not a bug.

Posted via CB10
    How exactly do you know that it is "working as intended?" Were you part of the development team? Are you a consultant for them? Do you have any sort of direct line of communication with them?
    08-30-15 10:51 PM
    The triage mode switches off when you initiate the 'Select More' function. It's been like this since they introduced the triage mode.

Not sure if it's a bug or just a design decision.

Posted via CB10
    First, the fact that "it's been like this since they introduced triage mode" doesnt make it any less of a bug.

Second, if this was indeed a design decision, then it just defies logic and is an exercise in poor judgment on the part of the developers (and thus needs to be fixed). The whole point of these instant actions is easy, effortless email triage. Why should the user NOT want easy, effortless email triage to resume immediately after completing a multi-email maneuver? Since there is zero logic to the above hypothesis, I am almost giving the BB10 developers the benefit of the doubt that this is a bug that's the result of a programming oversight and not an intentional design decision.

Lastly, whether intentional or sloppy oversight, this is a bug. According to dictionary.com, the definition of "bug" is "a defect or imperfection." And, according to dictionary.com, the definition of "defect" is "shortcoming." All of these words apply perfectly to what is going on with instant actions disappearing for no logical reason.
    08-30-15 11:04 PM
    For me this is perfekt as it is. Because I often delete messages accidentally when the triage is used. So I like it very much that it is closed after some time when I forgot to close it. For me it is perfect the way it is.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 11:37 PM
    For me this is perfekt as it is. Because I often delete messages accidentally when the triage is used. So I like it very much that it is closed after some time when I forgot to close it. For me it is perfect the way it is.

Posted via CB10
    If you are prone to deleting messages accidentally, then you should never be turning on the instant actions to begin with. After all, won't you have the exact same high likelihood of accidental deletion at the very beginning when you enable the instant actions and after many hours? IF you never turn on instant actions because they create more problems than they solve, then there would be no reason for the OS to be turning off something that was never turned on.

As for the rest of us who manage to consistently touch the part of the screen that we intend to touch and nothing more, the current setup is hardly "perfekt as it is."
    08-31-15 12:00 AM
    Just stop. All the stuff you are saying is a bug is not otherwise it would have been reported long ago and fixed by now. This is not a official blackberry support forum.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-31-15 12:36 AM
    Just stop. All the stuff you are saying is a bug is not otherwise it would have been reported long ago and fixed by now. This is not a official blackberry support forum.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a good way to immediately get attention to his question and get them rapidely answered. However, the speed to get an answer is very rapid here what ever one posts. The answers are good, too... Contrarely to the "official" forum where the "support" RARELY leads to a fast solution to an issue.

To the OP... BUG is not really adequate... please don't always call "wolf" until you really see one... /analogy /sympathy /peace /freedom...

I suggest (even to mods) to just modify the title into a question and to erase the word "bug".
    (I'll report my own post for this purpose)
    Cheers

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480
    08-31-15 02:36 AM
    This dude and his "bug" reports about the OS.......................
    Live with it! Don't like it? Move to other mobile OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 03:17 AM
    I am unable to add new software to my BB, please help me!
    08-31-15 04:18 AM
    How to use Proxy WiFi in BB, my IT office need this!!
    08-31-15 04:19 AM
    Read the topics in the beta leak forum here. As there are topics in there about how to update the software on your phone

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:01 AM
    If you are prone to deleting messages accidentally, then you should never be turning on the instant actions to begin with. After all, won't you have the exact same high likelihood of accidental deletion at the very beginning when you enable the instant actions and after many hours? IF you never turn on instant actions because they create more problems than they solve, then there would be no reason for the OS to be turning off something that was never turned on.

As for the rest of us who manage to consistently touch the part of the screen that we intend to touch and nothing more, the current setup is hardly "perfekt as it is."
    Nonsens. Sorry. Instant actions are one of the main reasons for me to love bb10. Normally I open them, use them and close them. And I PERSONALLY find it very very usefull that they close after time automatically. If they would not close anymore automatically, I would open a ticket with BlackBerry saying that it does not work any more as it always does.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:53 AM
    Nonsens. Sorry. Instant actions are one of the main reasons for me to love bb10. Normally I open them, use them and close them. And I PERSONALLY find it very very usefull that they close after time automatically. If they would not close anymore automatically, I would open a ticket with BlackBerry saying that it does not work any more as it always does.

Posted via CB10
    Your comment is pure "nonsens." Instant actions disappearing after being manually enabled by the user isnt "usefull."
    08-31-15 09:06 AM
    It's by design. Purposeful design, not accidental.
    You may have noticed most people in this thread seem to prefer it working the way it does, so you need to argue some more with them, and keep going until they admit defeat.
    08-31-15 09:28 AM
    isnt, isn't a proper contraction.
    08-31-15 01:13 PM
    It's by design. Purposeful design, not accidental.
    You may have noticed most people in this thread seem to prefer it working the way it does, so you need to argue some more with them, and keep going until they admit defeat.
    How exactly do you know that "it's by design?" Were you part of the development team? Are you a consultant for them? Do you have any sort of direct line of communication with them?
    08-31-15 01:54 PM
    Actually, ever since I posted on this thread, they stopped disappearing, and I need to manually toggle them off.
    08-31-15 03:16 PM
    I'd like to file a bug report on Josh3 for being the most annoying Crackberrian ever.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    deiop likes this.
    08-31-15 04:11 PM