I'm curious as to the security situation on BB10 browser as in security such a banking, work files, etc? As I've checked through the forums, it seems that some are having issues with it. What are your experiences?
    03-18-17 08:11 PM
    Bump. Anyone?
    03-24-17 06:33 PM
    I'm curious as to the security situation on BB10 browser as in security such a banking, work files, etc? As I've checked through the forums, it seems that some are having issues with it. What are your experiences?
    I'm not sure I fully understand the question; can you elaborate?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 12:27 PM
    What, exactly, are you referring to?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 12:48 PM
    I'm using a z30 as a daily driver, as I started noticing people having issues with their browser on bb10. Some references to it being slow, not loading certain pages, and some security certificates not being updated. I wanted to know if it was still secure to banking on the mobile browser, etc? I so far haven't had any issues. Just curious

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 07:15 PM
    I'm using a z30 as a daily driver, as I started noticing people having issues with their browser on bb10. Some references to it being slow, not loading certain pages, and some security certificates not being updated. I wanted to know if it was still secure to banking on the mobile browser, etc? I so far haven't had any issues. Just curious

Posted via CB10
    I have yet to see a problem reported here that was an actual security issue. One person found an expired CA on the device and thought that was a problem. It isn't and the expired certificate was also installed by the latest version of Firefox.

Another couldn't connect to a site because BlackBerry didn't include the certificates from the CA that signed the the site certificate. Again not a security problem. Why should I have to trust some obscure CA just because someone else wants to visit a particular site? Trusting too many CAs is a security problem. It is easy enough to import certificates from a CA if they aren't included. But you may never know you are trusting a sketchy CA.

There was a period when Let's Encrypt certificates weren't trusted on BB10. That has since been remedied with 10.3.3 but given the way their certificates are being used by malware sites the value of that is debatable.

I use my BlackBerry for banking all the time in preference to other devices, if that helps you.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    StayClassy101 likes this.
    03-25-17 11:24 PM
    Ah, I understand. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 08:13 AM