The maker of the video is sketchy, choosing three different websites for three different tests. I'm hoping some Crackberry member with a BB10 device and an iPhone or SG3 sets the record straight. I suggest cnn.com, allur.com, and crackberry.com - all desktop sites.
    I guess for a browser to be a 'Game changer' it really needs something more than fast loading times.. Even though BB10 has been fastest until proved otherwise.. It doesn't matter.. You have to consider the browser performance across varying network speeds for which iPhone and Androids are not even partially equipped (read: paratek). Last I remember was that the iPhone couldn't even do data and phone calls simultaneously. So how does any of the speed or any other feature matter if I can't even use it.

Secondly.. We are in the stage of sharing screen data (can be browser websites/apps) and you are constantly rambling about speed and javascript performance and some graphics performance.. Time to wake up!

And Chrome must definitely be the best browser according to you.. but there is no security and when most of the banks globally decide to leverage mobile payment as the main gateway.. I don't think I'll be relying on Chrome for any such activity.. I already bank a lot through my browser like shopping payments and stuff.. There are 500 online shopping spots.. You can't expect me to app each one of them on my phone. I have a browser.. I need a website.. I pay through online banking. Everything works fine.. Just need security and fluid compatibility.
    12-20-12 02:15 PM
    I guess for a browser to be a 'Game changer' it really needs something more than fast loading times.. Even though BB10 has been fastest until proved otherwise.. It doesn't matter.. You have to consider the browser performance across varying network speeds for which iPhone and Androids are not even partially equipped (read: paratek). Last I remember was that the iPhone couldn't even do data and phone calls simultaneously. So how does any of the speed or any other feature matter if I can't even use it.

Secondly.. We are in the stage of sharing screen data (can be browser websites/apps) and you are constantly rambling about speed and javascript performance and some graphics performance.. Time to wake up!

And Chrome must definitely be the best browser according to you.. but there is no security and when most of the banks globally decide to leverage mobile payment as the main gateway.. I don't think I'll be relying on Chrome for any such activity.. I already bank a lot through my browser like shopping payments and stuff.. There are 500 online shopping spots.. You can't expect me to app each one of them on my phone. I have a browser.. I need a website.. I pay through online banking. Everything works fine.. Just need security and fluid compatibility.
    LOL, I have no idea where these rants came from. I'm sorry, but have we had discussions before? You seem to be continuing some older discussion that I frankly just don't recall. Help me out, what was your username(s) before?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-20-12 02:20 PM
    LOL, I have no idea where these rants came from. I'm sorry, but have we had discussions before? You seem to be continuing some older discussion that I frankly just don't recall. Help me out, what was your username(s) before?
    See it's because of ppl like you I'm banned here.. But that's okay coz you're a f4ggot
    12-20-12 02:24 PM
    See it's because of ppl like you I'm banned here.. But that's okay coz you're a f4ggot
    Bellylaugh.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-20-12 02:46 PM
    Really disliked it when the term was used in the first place.
    It's such marketing tripe which should have been laugh out as nonsense to begin with.

The Browser on BB10 looks greatly improved. It will definitely challenge its competitors, if not provide a superior, browsing experience.

None of this "Game changer", "The Best Ever", "So Amazingly Revolutionary", BS.
    12-20-12 03:08 PM
    Back to topic, what most people aren't aware of is that the speed of the BB10 browser on the dev alpha devices has been trading place with certain android browsers for which are fastest since June(?) 2012. I expect that to continue. In fact I read this post from Dec 2 by someone on Phandroid :
    Saw an article last week about RIM touting how it's BB10 browser is the best on the market, having been able to reach Ring 1 on Ringmark. Well last night's Dolphin Browser update surpasses that easily
    So really, getting too excited over the browser on any platform is pretty pointless. No single OS is going to maintain browser supremacy for more than a few months at a time.
    12-21-12 03:06 AM
    I think by mentioning the browser is a "game changer" means that RIM is hiding something because you don't just state something like this and then just show up with a fast browser, because that is not going to cut it.
    12-21-12 04:34 AM
    What's also worth mentioning is that the BB10 Dev Alpha phones are running at 1.5gHz dual core Snapdragon cpu.

The iPhone 5, however, is running a dual core 1gHz A6--That's a big difference in clock speed with negligible browser performance diff. Let's see what the iPhone 5S have in store for us

We will need to wait to benchmark the battery performance as well since the BB10 Dev Alpha devices do have a larger capacity battery:
    The battery life of iPhone 5 is rated at 1440mAh with standby time and BB10 being 1800mAh.
    01-25-13 09:07 PM
    No the dev alphas are running TI OMAP and both clocked at 1ghz as well
    01-26-13 01:28 AM
    I think that the key here is separating the HTML5 app experience from the browser experience.

The former is a big deal for BB10, opening app development to a much wider field of people than previously were available and moving towards the concept of apps operating entirely from the cloud, and all thats on the device is a bookmark to it. That's pretty cool IMHO. The idea of a full featured app experience but that takes up no space on my device and provides access to any number of cloud resources that can update in real time with what other stuff is doing. I like the sound of it. Exactly how people leverage that we wait and see. That to me is perhaps not a game changer, but its an extremely far-sighted move; how many things do we do via a browser now that we never imagined would be possible? I think the future for many apps is a unified single app that works on home browsers and any mobile platform with the option to download. I can certainly see many developers liking that; no need to learn multiple platforms, no need to develop the same app over and over to get it into multiple marketplaces. One app, one experience. It's called convergence.

The actual browsing experience... Well I'm sure it will be great. But that's not the big deal. Ignore that. Focus on the app thing. The browser will be fast and responsive and generally good, but that isn't the actual game changer thing that anyone is talking about.
    RECOOL likes this.
    01-26-13 06:30 AM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    one of many "game changer" features of the BB10!! .. product of the year!!
    01-27-13 06:32 PM
    I think that the key here is separating the HTML5 app experience from the browser experience.

The former is a big deal for BB10, opening app development to a much wider field of people than previously were available and moving towards the concept of apps operating entirely from the cloud, and all thats on the device is a bookmark to it. That's pretty cool IMHO. The idea of a full featured app experience but that takes up no space on my device and provides access to any number of cloud resources that can update in real time with what other stuff is doing. I like the sound of it. Exactly how people leverage that we wait and see. That to me is perhaps not a game changer, but its an extremely far-sighted move; how many things do we do via a browser now that we never imagined would be possible? I think the future for many apps is a unified single app that works on home browsers and any mobile platform with the option to download. I can certainly see many developers liking that; no need to learn multiple platforms, no need to develop the same app over and over to get it into multiple marketplaces. One app, one experience. It's called convergence.

The actual browsing experience... Well I'm sure it will be great. But that's not the big deal. Ignore that. Focus on the app thing. The browser will be fast and responsive and generally good, but that isn't the actual game changer thing that anyone is talking about.
    Lol people still questioning the browser that beat the competition on a dev device.The denial is ridiculous its quite sad.

Damn now that you said this its making sense especially on the developer side less coding stress and negating platforms and potential new users.What you have said kind of made me think of what.Thor said the other day in the interview.

Apps, he said, were "stuff from yesterday". Apple has dominated the apps market in recent years.

"Apps is today, mobile computing and services that really enhance your life�that's the future."

What you suggested would spread the app much,much better and get a wider cross platform audience via HTML as long as user had decent browser speed they would'nt be left out.HTML5 vs apps will continue this a long fight.
    01-28-13 11:17 AM
112 ... 345