Hey, this convo is funny, but we got to stop ripping on our fellow crack berry brothers and sisters. We are all in this together, most of us have been with blackberry for years upon years and like myself still own and daily use a blackberry (bold 9900). We are loud and we are proud people. We have all endured the but can your phone do this, (insert marginally beneficial feature on other platforms that no ones uses that blackberry can't do like facetime, or face unlock), and all of us have endured the do you have this app. We all had to sit and defend our baby's while being pounced on and made fun of by friends. On JANUARY 30th that all changes, too long have we sat in ridicule, too long have we been mocked, too long has blackberry been undermined. On that day of reckoning the true power of the Blackberry will shine. Unlocked for the first time in Mobile dynasty's history, OVER LEVEL 9000 will be my Blackberry.

We will claim our former glory because we were born for that moment, our whole lives lead to that moment. Blackberry will be the king and the naysayers will be the peasants. So I say to you my friends, we crackberryers are a part of a brotherhood greater than any single one of us. A brotherhood that will last centuries to come. Don't thwart your fellow Brother, but unite under one banner.

A REVOLUTION IS COMING, THEY TOOK OUR LAND, THEY TOOK OUR FREEDOM, THEY TOOK OUR DESTINY. JAN 30th, we show them OUR PERSISTENCE, UNITE MY BROTHERHOOD, UNITE not for my sake, not for the millions who wish to be you, but for THE SAKE of the Mortal world... Only you were meant for this, only you can do this, now begin the final conquest of your being. Any man, child, or animal on these forums who put down our Blackberry will be silenced without retribution.

There will be a day that Blackberry and RIM goes under, and every woman man and child will be cursed upon uttering its name on their very lips, some obscure company like microsoft or facebook may buy it out (hopefully not), but that is not this day. THIS DAY WE FIGHT, THIS DAY MY BROTHERHOOD, for BLACKBERRY 10 we must UNITE to seize the glory of our IMMORTALITY.

BLACKBERRRRRY FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    aha likes this.
    12-16-12 03:04 AM
    It is unfortunately people judge a book by its cover in the smartphone world. So therefore, RIM really need to work this aesthetics of a web browser that beats iOS and Android.
    12-16-12 03:35 AM
    Hey, this convo is funny, but we got to stop ripping on our fellow crack berry brothers and sisters. We are all in this together, most of us have been with blackberry for years upon years and like myself still own and daily use a blackberry (bold 9900). We are loud and we are proud people. We have all endured the but can your phone do this, (insert marginally beneficial feature on other platforms that no ones uses that blackberry can't do like facetime, or face unlock), and all of us have endured the do you have this app. We all had to sit and defend our baby's while being pounced on and made fun of by friends. On JANUARY 30th that all changes, too long have we sat in ridicule, too long have we been mocked, too long has blackberry been undermined. On that day of reckoning the true power of the Blackberry will shine. Unlocked for the first time in Mobile dynasty's history, OVER LEVEL 9000 will be my Blackberry.

We will claim our former glory because we were born for that moment, our whole lives lead to that moment. Blackberry will be the king and the naysayers will be the peasants. So I say to you my friends, we crackberryers are a part of a brotherhood greater than any single one of us. A brotherhood that will last centuries to come. Don't thwart your fellow Brother, but unite under one banner.

A REVOLUTION IS COMING, THEY TOOK OUR LAND, THEY TOOK OUR FREEDOM, THEY TOOK OUR DESTINY. JAN 30th, we show them OUR PERSISTENCE, UNITE MY BROTHERHOOD, UNITE not for my sake, not for the millions who wish to be you, but for THE SAKE of the Mortal world... Only you were meant for this, only you can do this, now begin the final conquest of your being. Any man, child, or animal on these forums who put down our Blackberry will be silenced without retribution.

There will be a day that Blackberry and RIM goes under, and every woman man and child will be cursed upon uttering its name on their very lips, some obscure company like microsoft or facebook may buy it out (hopefully not), but that is not this day. THIS DAY WE FIGHT, THIS DAY MY BROTHERHOOD, for BLACKBERRY 10 we must UNITE to seize the glory of our IMMORTALITY.

Lol, I actually finished reading this
    12-16-12 04:20 AM
    Meh, I think it's silly to make false claims, especially when theyre grand claims even though there's evidence to the contrary.

I guess I'll never be able to understand the need to over analyze and over glorify something like a cellphone, especially when that praise relies on conjecture or lies about competing platforms.

Anyways, what was it that you wanted me to do with the alpha device? I don't remember what I was supposed to do?
    Ya, I hear ya. I wanted your unapologetic realism / cynicism (depending who you ask) to look at the dev alpha and let me know what you think
    12-16-12 06:35 AM
    Your friend's desktop computer must be a decade old.
    As much as I too don't give much credit to "my friend said" posts from new members, I gotta ask you this: Have you used a final BB10 device?

If the answer is no, attack what you should attack - the "source" of the "info" - but refrain from implying that the BB10 browser can or cannot do as well as a desktop. This we all still got to see,
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-16-12 at 07:00 PM.
    12-16-12 06:47 AM
    As much as I too don't give much credit to "my friend said" posts from new members, I gotta ask you this: Have you used a final BB10 device?

If the answer is no, attack what you - the "source" of the "info" - but refrain from implying that the BB10 browser can or cannot do as well as a desktop. This we all still got to see,
    While it is only an artificial benchmark, any modern desktop machine will utterly destroy all mobile devices on sunspider because there is simply no ARM-based chipset that has anywhere near the same level of memory bandwidth and while this does not directly match normal use there will be a fair amount of correlation and this is stuff that does not require anyone so use a final bb10 device because even if the software is the greatest thing ever we do know the limitations of the chips being used relative to those found in a typical desktop.
    12-16-12 07:55 AM
    We have yet to see a leaked video of final hardware using the browser. We have non final hardware sunspider and html5 scores, and we have video of the final device. Neither shows both in one phone.
    12-16-12 08:21 AM
    this show how BB10 is faster Than other device In the market
    12-16-12 08:30 AM
    this show how BB10 is faster Than other device In the market
    It does?
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    12-16-12 08:42 AM
    Seems to be slower than sg3
    12-16-12 11:42 AM
    Seems to be slower than sg3
    I did not understand a word they were saying in the video but how did you gather that it was slower than the SG3? The only thing I saw from the video was that the SG3 struggled with the orientation of the page whenever it was turned to its side and the Dev Alpha flipped the screen with ease.
    12-16-12 01:26 PM
    pkcable, howarmat and sf49ers like this.
    12-16-12 02:16 PM
    Lets try not to get personal folks and lets try not to make troll like comments either. If the shoe fits you can consider my last sentence if not you can go about your business.
    12-16-12 03:24 PM
    The BB10 device rendered some of the content faster, but it took 19 seconds longer to finish loading the page. The animations on the top logo were also slower on the BB10 unit. It all means nothing anyway since it's a dev device. Show me two production devices side-by-side, otherwise it's all just guessing games.
    12-16-12 03:31 PM
    Blackberry clearly faster
    12-16-12 03:33 PM
    The BB10 device rendered some of the content faster, but it took 19 seconds longer to finish loading the page. The animations on the top logo were also slower on the BB10 unit. It all means nothing anyway since it's a dev device. Show me two production devices side-by-side, otherwise it's all just guessing games.
    Still denying it??? The video evidence is right there. Its not disputable. The guy even said it loaded faster and it can be seen even if you turn the volume off and dont listen to him.
    12-16-12 03:37 PM
    Love how the guy almost seemed embarassed and got quiet when he had to show the iphone lock screen. Plain, jane,mcgrain.
    12-16-12 03:38 PM
    Still denying it??? The video evidence is right there. Its not disputable. The guy even said it loaded faster and it can be seen even if you turn the volume off and dont listen to him.
    Are we watching the same video? Watch again. Watch the blue loading bar on the bottom of the BB10 screen. It takes 19 seconds to finish loading after the iphone is already done.
    12-16-12 03:40 PM

Its a phone lol
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 12-16-12 at 04:11 PM.
    12-16-12 04:00 PM
    Its hard to say the BB10 is faster overall but it did get the page to a useable state first. If you watch the end @ 2:35 there is an animated Samsung ad at the top left, comparing the animated ad the BB struggles and is choppy while the iphone is smooth.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-16-12 04:05 PM
    Are we watching the same video? Watch again. Watch the blue loading bar on the bottom of the BB10 screen. It takes 19 seconds to finish loading after the iphone is already done.
    Maybe you should look away fromvthe blue bar and at the page. The iphone still loads new content after the status bar is complete...
    12-16-12 04:05 PM
    Maybe you should look away fromvthe blue bar and at the page. The iphone still loads new content after the status bar is complete...
    No, no it doesn't. Unless you're talking about the ads, which is happening on both devices, and are already pre-loaded.
    Page isn't loaded until the loading bar is gone, any legitimate review site uses that as their golden rule. Check out Crackberry, Phonedog, or any other phone review site.
    12-16-12 04:11 PM
    The guy also gets nervous when explaining iphone has nothing like active frams or live tiles. He aimlessly swipes between app icons in a fluster
    12-16-12 04:13 PM
    No, no it doesn't. Unless you're talking about the ads, which is happening on both devices, and are already pre-loaded.
    Page isn't loaded until the loading bar is gone, any legitimate review site uses that as their golden rule. Check out Crackberry, Phonedog, or any other phone review site.
    Grey bar going horizontally accross pictures of phones clearly loads after iphone status bar complete and after blackberry. Pre loaded or not, both phones were on the site before, not just blackberry. I.e the blackberry has no advantage. I think a user seeing things take longer to load no matter what they may be is more important then a review sites golden rule of using the status bar. Its undeniable the the blackberry renders all content first.
    12-16-12 04:27 PM
    This is true. Impressive considering its not final build yet on that Dev Alpha B and it is probably rendering flash ads that the iPhone can't.
    mikeo007 and Lehomer like this.
    12-16-12 04:30 PM
112 1234 ...