**Mods, please move to appropriate sub-forum if necessary. Thanks.**

I am currently separated from BBRY due to lack of new offerings; Passport not available on VZW, do not want a Bold 10.3 (aka Classic), and though the Z30 is higher in specs than my Z10, I'm not interested in it. I tried the Note 4 first but I did not like Samsung's implementation of the Android OS - a little childish and confusing for my taste. Moreover, it is too big for me to operate the device efficiently. Therefore, I went to Android LG G3. Relax people; it is only temporary...at least for now. This is not one of those silly "bye bye" stories. Nevertheless, I wanted to start a conversation on a dream of BlackBerry bringing the BB10 experience to Android, in particular the keyboard.

After moving to Android, I found that stock keyboards are not that great. Okay, they suck compared to BB10's VK (virtual keyboard). Therefore, I go to the forums in Android Central looking for some suggestions and I came across a post about the Google Keyboard. After using it to write an email, I was relieved to find a decent VK that was simple.

Therefore, immediately started looking for an Android VK that worked liked the awesome BB10 VK - nothing comparable. I know that the BB10 VK is based on the Swift Keyboard technology but the downloadable VK is not even close. I suggest that BBRY try bringing the BB10 experience to Android with a keyboard and possibly a launcher with a Hub. Grant it, if this would happen, I may not come back...actually I probably still would. But, this could show Android users how efficient and clean BB10 is.

My time with Android has definitely showed me how under-valued the BB10 offerings are in regards to superb communication and efficiency. I really saw how the OS really did keep me moving, less time on the device clicking back, home, and application buttons, swiping down, and more time being productive - getting in and getting out. Of course there are pro and cons to every OS so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.
    12-10-14 09:43 AM
    Simple question: what actual, real benefit to BB does this have? Showing BB features off by adding them to another OS...dubious.

If you want BB features, buy a BB. Otherwise, enjoy whatever phone you choose...

Richard
    howards likes this.
    12-10-14 10:23 AM
    No. (you know the reason)

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:38 AM
    BlackBerry 10's virtual keyboard and Hub are one of those key factors that make the OS unique. So porting it to Google's Android OS won't make sense for very obvious reasons.

Posted using my Z10 using CB10 app
    12-10-14 11:20 AM
    No. (you know the reason)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah...but man I would love to have it.
    12-10-14 12:42 PM
    Try touchpal keyboard. I like it more than BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:44 PM
    Yeah...but man I would love to have it.
    It would also cut the incentive to buy a BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 04:45 PM
    People said that about BBM... Now look... Anything is possible. I would happily buy the BB keyboard for $5 and the hub for $10 and the whole flow interface for $5. So $20 for just software in Google play then I could have the most usable table out there (I really dislike the android user experience). If BB did that they don't need to compete in the tablet space or the all touch space and still have market penetration...
    12-10-14 05:01 PM
    Bbm is okey. Bb10 virtual keyboard? No

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 05:08 PM
    People said that about BBM... Now look... Anything is possible. I would happily buy the BB keyboard for $5 and the hub for $10 and the whole flow interface for $5. So $20 for just software in Google play then I could have the most usable table out there (I really dislike the android user experience). If BB did that they don't need to compete in the tablet space or the all touch space and still have market penetration...
    There was no incentive to keep it on BlackBerry only. the full BlackBerry experience should be on BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't think it will. Its a keyboard. BB10 as a whole still offers more by actually having the device. A vk won't make or break them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-14 06:47 PM
    Been discussed many times, because the foundation of BB10 vk is Swiftkey and Swiftkey has their own keyboards for Android and IOS it won't be possible to have BB10 vk on other platforms. For the HUB portion there isn't a true equivalent in Android but you can try Acompli for the email and calendar it has a HUB concept.
    12-10-14 07:54 PM
    I use Swift Key for my Android VKB! Enough said.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-10-14 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    because they sell so many that make sense to keep in house, right? LOL
    12-10-14 08:18 PM
    I will do it if you pay me a billion dollars.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-10-14 08:37 PM
    Been discussed many times, because the foundation of BB10 vk is Swiftkey and Swiftkey has their own keyboards for Android and IOS it won't be possible to have BB10 vk on other platforms. For the HUB portion there isn't a true equivalent in Android but you can try Acompli for the email and calendar it has a HUB concept.
    There is a keyboard on iOS that does the same thing BlackBerry keyboard does

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:41 PM
    I use Swift Key for my Android VKB! Enough said.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Its not that great.
    12-11-14 08:38 AM
    There is a keyboard on iOS that does the same thing BlackBerry keyboard does

Posted via CB10
    And that is?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    BrentRoss likes this.
    12-11-14 09:09 AM
    Not unless BlackBerry can make good $$$$ of it. Sorry to say a majority of Android users won't want to pay either. Best to keep somethings to ourselves. Just get a BlackBerry if you want BlackBerry features.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:59 AM