I am really curious about how Bridge is going to work in BlackBerry 10.
    Current BlackBerry bridge allows us to use our OS 5- 7 to control and share connection with a PlayBook.
    When BB10 is released, will this connection now be both ways? We will have a BB10 tablet and a BB10 phone.
    So phones will control tablets and tablets will control phones? And will BB10 phones be able to bridge to other phones?

These are all just speculations for me, but i would personally love such a no borders bridging. Imaging having multiple BB10s (similar to have multiple BBs now) may be a full touch and one with a physical keyboard phone, and you will technically only have to pay for 1 BIS, just bridge the rest.

What do you think?
    07-31-12 07:39 PM
    As with all things BB10..... RIM is saying nothing about anyting.... so anything posted would just be conjecture on any posters part..... will just have to wait and see....
    07-31-12 07:50 PM
    I personally think Bridge will turn into BB Cloud and no app would be needed...the connection will also always be there based on BBID
    BB10FTW and anon(4018671) like this.
    07-31-12 08:02 PM
    I personally think Bridge will turn into BB Cloud and no app would be needed...the connection will also always be there based on BBID

Cloud computing would be a good step forward for BB, but wouldn't that be a little drastic a changes especially in the first year of introduction.
    08-01-12 12:38 AM
    Cloud computing would be a good step forward for BB, but wouldn't that be a little drastic a changes especially in the first year of introduction.
    Not entirely, seeing as RIM already has the infrastructure in place and offer "Cloud" (Protect, BIS/BES) services...it's a matter of getting what you want to work with existing servers on BB10 OS
    08-01-12 07:23 AM
    Bridge is already like a cloud feature. You are able to sent files to your playbook when bridged. You are able to view files and open web pages from your phone. Bridge has all the features needed to be a cloud but what it doesnt do is send via data connection, you have to be within bluetooth range. Data link via BBID is possible also as when you have two devices its able to sync e mails to each device so files could be the same
    08-01-12 07:27 AM
    Bridge is already like a cloud feature. You are able to sent files to your playbook when bridged. You are able to view files and open web pages from your phone. Bridge has all the features needed to be a cloud but what it doesnt do is send via data connection, you have to be within bluetooth range. Data link via BBID is possible also as when you have two devices its able to sync e mails to each device so files could be the same

Yes I love that concept, but i hope IF they do develop such a cloud service on Bridge, I hope they keep the regular Bluetooth bridge and might be Wi-Fi bridge.
    08-01-12 10:10 AM
    Not entirely, seeing as RIM already has the infrastructure in place and offer "Cloud" (Protect, BIS/BES) services...it's a matter of getting what you want to work with existing servers on BB10 OS
    Plus the NewBay acquisition is a big unknown also. Doubt they're letting a $100 million acquisition collect dust.
    08-01-12 04:08 PM
    I tried to find an explanation of Qnet but failed. It would have explained how two qnx devices would pair up, bb10 phone and PlayBook. i guess they pair up amazingly well and kind of become one. I'll keep searching for a post about it, all ive found is for dev type situations.
    08-02-12 10:03 PM
    Just look at the BlackBerry Porsche, they had one PlayBook in the front that could control and have access to the two PlayBook's in the back seat.
    QNX is known for the embedded systems so it would not be hard to have a device control another or even multiple devices.
    Also with QNX you would have more functionality then what they have now between PlayBook and BBOS

Sitting down at CES in the QNX-powered Porsche Concept Car... Crazy Awesome In-Car Infotainment That I Wantz to Have NAO! | CrackBerry.com
    08-03-12 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD