BB10 seems to be having a common theme with deep integration with some of its core applications. For example we just recently learned that Evernote will be baked into the 'Remember' application and with the Blackberry Hub we can expect to have are social networks to be integrated into the device OS.

I imagine RIM could continue this trend and have some new deep integration into the camera (besides the time shift function.), and flesh-out some new features for developers to take advantage of. What I'm trying to get a across, is what if the Camera could have a way to plugin "Photo editing applications" into the Camera, for deep integration without having to switch from app to another to add filters or video effects. Kind of how you can go to the Hub for all your conversations, you could go to the Camera for all your photo/video editing without switching in or out of apps.

Now this is a pretty complicated concept, try imagine this scenario.

Your at your friends birthday party, You take a picture of Him/Her opening your present. They blinked, so you use your time shift function to bring it back to that perfect moment. Then instead of switching out of the app, you click the "RIM-Logo-button" (The one that's on the side of the hub) and you click from a list of photo-sharing networks, you end-up clicking Instagram which instead of opening the application, it activates the cropping box and than a list of filtters will pop-up from the bottom of the screen. You pick one and than you upload it to Instagram. If you want to see your feeds you just go to the instagram application. Then you decide you want to share it with your other networks. So, without closing the app you go into Flickr, Tumblr or maybe Twitter (with its new photo filters) and do it all over again. Without leaving the camera

Brainstorm BB10: Deep Integration with the "Camera"-camerainter1.png (This is after the time shift)
    Brainstorm BB10: Deep Integration with the "Camera"-camerainter2.png (This is after you click instagram as one of the functions)
    Brainstorm BB10: Deep Integration with the "Camera"-camerainter3.png (this is it running in the camera app)

This isn't my best example sorry for the Crap mock-ups, I'll be editing this in and out.
    Last edited by Cappyshirt; 12-14-12 at 08:26 PM.
    Qaxl and Mr_F like this.
    12-13-12 06:40 PM
    1. Windows Phone 8's camera works exactly like that
    2. "Then"
    3. Save for the random accounts bar, I like your mock up
    12-13-12 06:53 PM
    Yeah....there's a lot of grammar mistakes in this article.

I thought windows had that function...hmm.
    12-13-12 07:00 PM
    Good effort with the mocks.

I like the concept and think it will be possible with the invocation framework. A BB10 app will be able to call on the function/s of another app either specified or not. So the native camera could be hard coded to use the Instagram filters after a shot has been taken. Similarly the app could be coded in a way that allows the user to specify their app of choice (probably the closest fit to your suggestion), or it could be coded in a way to use the best/most suitable resources available at the time.

The invocation framework and 'cards' are one of the aspects that I'm most looking forward to in BB10. I think it could be the area where we experience the real power/potential of 'flow'.

N.B. Apparently there will be filters and editing tools baked into the native camera app
    12-13-12 08:12 PM
    Great idea! Wouldn't that require a native Instagram app??? hmmm. . .here's hopping we get one. . .
    12-13-12 10:18 PM
    I like this idea. I would push it even more. How about having App to App Deep Integration. I know they kind of do this right now with Facebook and Foursquare but just more linked in with different apps. So for example, Instagram linking with Tumblr, Evernote working with Wunderlist, just apps that are similar which can build and work off of one another. I know this sounds like a push but getting BBM to integrate with Skype so you don't actually need a Skype app but BBM account would be able to connect to Skype accounts. Same goes with games like Draw Something and Words with Friends. (This might not be Feasible bit at least something in the works to unify App to App)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-13-12 10:42 PM
    12-14-12 06:21 PM
    Oh, s***, I just created a thread after looking at n4bbs article saying how much it looked like Instagram and how maybe it's deep baked in Haha. My bad.
    12-14-12 06:35 PM
    Good lord. These websites in particular should know better and do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions...
    12-14-12 06:52 PM
    LOL these are new official looks at BlackBerry10 photo app
    12-14-12 06:54 PM
    Well, I guess I'll have to email them and let them know that these are fake.
    12-14-12 07:00 PM
    Crap! I was hoping these were actual bb10 screenshots lol
    12-14-12 07:55 PM
    Lol, I love your mockups. and yes i am laughing cause they are cute. But i love the idea, i think its very smart. It gave me the idea for a trend of all core applications to have the same sort of deep integration. Same idea imagine the calendar where you can use plugins to for example to automatically copy a calendar event into your "daily life journal" app and continue editing it.
    Although, one thing they are encouraging is developers to do this using the invoke method. If they are not already doing it, they should also INVOKE apps themselves. Allowing for exactly what you wrote above. Of all the Brainstorming if read, i think this is one of the best. I'm sending this thread to my buddies at RIM and the dev relations team.
    12-14-12 08:07 PM
    1. Windows Phone 8's camera works exactly like that
    2. "Then"
    3. Save for the random accounts bar, I like your mock up
    I can't seem to find to much information on the window's 8. If someone could help me that would be great.
    12-14-12 08:30 PM
    Did you know your mockups got front page treatment at N4BB.com ?? they thought it was the real deal

Btw nice job and i agree with you!
    12-15-12 02:39 AM
    I can't seem to find to much information on the window's 8. If someone could help me that would be great.
    how can i download instgram on my blackberry?
    12-15-12 04:09 AM
    Great idea! Wouldn't that require a native Instagram app??? hmmm. . .here's hopping we get one. . .
    ....or a car
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-15-12 05:00 PM
    how can i download instgram on my blackberry?
    You can't... yet. The indications suggest it should be supported when the new BB10 phones launch in January
    12-15-12 05:51 PM
    I love how people want every fad "deeply integrated" into their os's. All we really need is a solid device with a solid os. The rest will follow.

OP, here's some info on windows 8 camera app.
    Error Page - CNET Mobile
    http://m.winsupersite.com/article/wi...-photos-144706
    12-15-12 06:04 PM
    That cnet one:
    Windows Phone 8 - CNET Mobile
    12-15-12 06:08 PM
    The invocation framework should allow this for any app with access to said api to do this sort of thing (or at least, this is my layman's understanding of it, but I could be wrong)
    12-15-12 07:19 PM
    Yep, the idea is that it would work with any photo/video editing/posting application. ex: facebook camera, twitter filters, instagram, picstory, 'obscure-application-you-don't-know'..etc.
    I think the more features we get, right out the box the better. BB10 needs anything it can do, to diffrient it self from the competition and patterns like this help.
    12-15-12 08:57 PM